Post Your Recent Purchases!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I just picked up a NEO GEO CD! It should be here in a week or so and didn't include a game, so I also ordered KoF '94 for it, so I can ensure it works. This will be a test unit for various things I wanted to attempt with my AES console, but am too fond of it to accidentally blow it up. Anything I should know or tips for fully enjoying the CD system?

Use a joystick because the pads are terrible.

bigapple3am

Quiz Detective
I've always loved Aero City cabs. They are deceptively heavy as they are all steel, but are awesome little cabs that are easily rotated. Congrats.

Thanks! And yeah, they are something between a washing machine and a knee for a Gundam. Crazy dense.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I picked up metal slug x convertion off eBay. Metal slug 5 was also up at the same time, but couldn't afford both bummer

Anyways I know metal slug 2 had a lot of slow down, and metal slug x was supposed to fix this. Yet, this copy of X has a lot of them in the later levels. I've still played threw the game 15 times already haha. Just wondering of its cause they used a slower cartridge to do conversion on.

Eventually I'd like to get all the conversions of Metal Slug just can't afford the real deal.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I picked up metal slug x convertion off eBay. Metal slug 5 was also up at the same time, but couldn't afford both bummer

Anyways I know metal slug 2 had a lot of slow down, and metal slug x was supposed to fix this. Yet, this copy of X has a lot of them in the later levels. I've still played threw the game 15 times already haha. Just wondering of its cause they used a slower cartridge to do conversion on.

Eventually I'd like to get all the conversions of Metal Slug just can't afford the real deal.

Enjoy your expensive bootlegs.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Looks nice on the table, and in the neo; plus my son enjoys it too. Just a hobby wish I could afford the real copies....maybe metal slug 4 one day

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

2>X

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks nice on the table, and in the neo; plus my son enjoys it too. Just a hobby wish I could afford the real copies....maybe metal slug 4 one day

If you're buying conversions/boots, why not just buy a NeoSD?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Finally got these two: Battle Circuit & Guardians. Guardians smells like febreeze, better than smoke I guess.

wfYi5qxl.jpg

xlAEeSll.jpg

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
After all this time thinking that Super Ghouls N' Ghosts was a remastered port of Ghouls N' Ghosts, it was while I was watching one of Jibbs videos that I learned otherwise. I never looked into it because I didn't know I should have. Flash forward to 2018 and I've finally corrected this travesty.

Legend is such a sweet looking beat em' up, and Saint Sword seemed cool (and is!).

N4NG65n.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If you're near socal, the shop I got mine from has, like, 5 more that need some love.

A store with candies - and that many candies - doesn't compute with my east coast brain.

Finally got these two: Battle Circuit & Guardians. Guardians smells like febreeze, better than smoke I guess.

wfYi5qxl.jpg

xlAEeSll.jpg

Nice! Both of those games are high on my list.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
After all this time thinking that Super Ghouls N' Ghosts was a remastered port of Ghouls N' Ghosts, it was while I was watching one of Jibbs videos that I learned otherwise. I never looked into it because I didn't know I should have. Flash forward to 2018 and I've finally corrected this travesty.

Legend is such a sweet looking beat em' up, and Saint Sword seemed cool (and is!).

N4NG65n.jpg

The Genesis port of Ghouls is one of my favorite games. Sega nailed it and I think it's better than the Supergrafx port.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

If you can afford conversions then you could also afford the real carts on MVS and either a converter or a CMVS. You're paying for fake games because they have labels on them.

Ir0n

n00b
I got this stack of empty MVS carts in case I need to replace a damaged cartridge..

I think these are rental cases?

stack.jpg

Ir0n

n00b
@ ShootTheCore Oh man.. the x68000 is one of the more fun retro computers..it has lots of fun games and good tunes plus it just looks bad ass. The keyboard is amazing too! Green alps switches feel great.

I think they are way cooler than Amigas etc.

Make sure you check out the battery in it..some of these have those leaky batteries that ruin them.

Superblatt

n00b
Well, after debating it for too long I finally bought my first Neo. Analogue CMVS from Neobitz (Jeff Kurtz) with a copy of Baseball Stars 2. I've lurked for far too long. Realize it's stupid to get into the scene in 2018 (I have a massive collection of other games), but will be buying a NeoSD soon. Super excited to dive in.

Last edited: