Post Your Recent Purchases!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Forgot these just came in today. My busy period of work just ended so I want to give that brook pc engine/ mega drive converter a play through very soon and will have time to play these games

267C093D-FFC7-49BC-820A-6C56628F731D.jpeg

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have that saturn stick but it's customized for the og xbox.
Not too many good options for og Xbox arcade sticks that I know of for sure. I bought alot of the SNK Xbox games and had a pelican universal arcade stick to use at the time.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Not too many good options for og Xbox arcade sticks that I know of for sure. I bought alot of the SNK Xbox games and had a pelican universal arcade stick to use at the time.
I realized that and so I came across this one. Some company did these and was lucky to find one local.
Here it is, got it recently, about 2 months ago max
IMG_20210928_175641.jpg

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Thrifstore finds of the day nothing spectacular. Two random PC games and two SVHS tapes

Attachments

• 9F962A1F-0B0F-4E05-B9AB-B177100DE99B.jpeg
    9F962A1F-0B0F-4E05-B9AB-B177100DE99B.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Got some games in. It has been a while. Local game shop had a 20% discount so I took the plunge on that Kickmaster. Jpn are all cheapies from eBay.
How's Chakan ?
I've been wanting to pick up that for years, but haven't pulled the trigger.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Chakan is a uniquely unpleasant game. It has a lot going for it but ultimately just not enjoyable.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Random arcade scoops last month:

20211004_182436.jpg

Survival Arts - Goofy-ass MK clone. Popped up locally cheap so grabbed it to convert to Dyna Gears down the line. Oddly fascinated with it for some reason, it's so weird

Magical Crystals - Copped from the ZDTF a couple weeks ago, this game fuckin' rules. That being said, whoever it was at Kaneko that decided to put SMD caps under a conformal coating is a dillhole. If you have a Kaneko PCB with the same IC, you WILL have to scrape off the coating to recap these or replace it entirely with a Caius reproduction of it, otherwise the audio volume will be like a quarter of what it's supposed to be. Your Gals Panic board deserves better than that.

20211004_182947.jpg

Strikers 1945 - Guy had an ad on FB Marketplace with a bunch of overpriced PCBs. One line says "1945 Strikers working, needs a little." for $150. I message asking what that even means, the guy's wife responds saying they have two boards, one works and the other doesn't. When I ask what's wrong with the non-working one, she says "Some of the graphics are missing. It plays, but the player planes aren’t there". I ask how much they want for them. "He wants $100 for the non working one. $400 for the working one". Strikers isn't worth anywhere near $400, but I offer $80 for the broken one 'cause hopefully a chip just needs to be reflowed or something. She accepts $80. I pull up to his place (very nice place complete with massive white lifted truck in driveway) and a middle-aged guy crawls out from under his half-open garage door like gollum smelling like 8 strains of weed, clutching a filthy Strikers 1945 board and asks for $100, saying his wife made a mistake and "their communication isn't so good". I told him I only withdrew the $80 in cash he asked for, which was true. He sighed, scratched his head and said ok, but then mentioned "If that game was working, it'd be worth $700". I don't know if he's confusing it for some other Capcom shmup or if he's just smooth-brained cause that's $300 more than the asking price of his other "working" one, so all I can really say is "uhh, you sure?" and he responds with "oh yeah, definitely. I'm really into these arcade games, I got a ton of these in the back" and rattles off his box of Mortal Kombats and Street Fighters. I tell him if it's actually worth that much he should keep it and fix it himself because I was over this entire interaction, but he said "you won't just resell it, right? If you're actually going to play it then you can have it" which was unexpected but thoughtful.

Anyway, I took it home and it works fine. Maybe he gave me the good one by mistake. Thank you for reading my Strikers 1945 story.