Post Your Recent Purchases!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Got these when I went to Texas last month. I thought I won Retropalooza until the Taco Shirt Affair (tm).

slug_underpants_zps2f97890e.png

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
One thing to note is that the screen calls for 12v power, and will run with as low as 9v, which isn't possible on battery power.

It should run on anything over 7v and under 12v

On the Turboexpress I tap either of the video capacitors for power.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I couldn't get it to even turn on with battery power. I was using rechargeables, perhaps they output just a tad too little voltage for the screen without the 5v mod.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just measured, these are putting out 1.4. Maybe that was a big enough difference.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Haven't purchased anything console related in a while. Got a few quality items today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412651160.457252.jpg

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rondo?

son of a...

Ha, for about half of what that fool at Palooza was asking... which isn't saying much.

I thought the same thing when you got your Express. Pretty sure I want one now. I wanna see that thing in all it's glory once it's re-capped.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Congrats on the rondo Teddy, probably one of the best games to play around Halloween! Glad you were able to scoop.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Congrats on the rondo Teddy, probably one of the best games to play around Halloween! Glad you were able to scoop.

Thanks G. I've been procrastinating a little over a year now. Was bitching at Whisp back then that "I didn't want to spend $75 bux on a $50 game." Oops, a little late to the party. :lolz:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Whats up with the turbo grapafx posts lately? Whats so special about the system anyways. pardon my ignorance

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Whats up with the turbo grapafx posts lately? Whats so special about the system anyways. pardon my ignorance

OBEY

Great games, mainly. Play Blazing Lazers (Gunhed in PC Engine) or Soldier Blade and you'll fall in love. It's a shoot'em ups machine. Very good platformers too, that Rondo is glory.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

To clarify the earlier comment, you need to look at the JP library for the entire PC Engine "experience". The US got a a few games and since the CDs are region free you can play JP CD games on a Turbo Duo and there are tons of amazing ones that never made it over (Dracula X, Nexzr, Spriggan, etc.) and if you can get it switched, you can even play JP hucards. If you like shmups, it's a must have system.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Thanks G. I've been procrastinating a little over a year now. Was bitching at Whisp back then that "I didn't want to spend $75 bux on a $50 game." Oops, a little late to the party. :lolz:

It's good enough that even if it was the most expensive game on the system, the price would be entirely justifiable. At the current price (while not cheap), there is no excuse not to get it.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
haha last year my friend was living in Japan and he found me a PC Engine briefcase setup with working CD unit and it came with Dracula X for all for...... about $100. Still deals there to be found if you look out in the countryside.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Send it to me, let me do things to it.

I might do that, the ones you posted the other day look awesome. My TE is minty fresh, to be honest I'm a little nervous about trying to mod it. The GG I didn't care, if I screwed it up I can buy another for $20 or so, if I mess up a TE I'll probably never buy another one.