Post Your Recent Purchases!

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Picked up a pocket station to mess around with and go treasure hunting with some birds.

pocket station.png

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Picked up a smaller Nintendo Switch dock.

iWCZxu0.jpg

WkeqdFW.jpg

You have to transplant the internals of the original dock, but it was pretty straightforward. This makes the dock so much more portable now, and there isn't any risk of scratching the Switch when docking it.

bigapple3am

Quiz Detective
I just got my first MVS last weekend. It's 4 slots and I got a pretty good deal because it wasn't working when I went to pick it up. After hours of cleaning and reading these forums and it's starting to work. I can't wait to fix the lights and clean up the control panel.

Photo Nov 26, 1 06 24 PM.jpg
Photo Nov 26, 1 53 44 PM.jpg
Photo Nov 28, 12 13 44 AM.jpg
Photo Nov 29, 10 58 42 PM.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That's a strange overlay for a Neo. and plexi too. I wonder if the OG panel was replaced?

bigapple3am

Quiz Detective
Nice variety of carts there, a great starter set. Something for everyone

Thanks! I've never played Aero Fighters before, so I'm looking forward to cleaning it and trying it. I had never played King of the Monsters either, and it was wacky and fun. I'd forgotten how fun Baseball Stars is!

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
This came back today, another great MD game that never saw a release outside of japan/korea.
Check out the boxart, it's mint.

Amazing game, this totally past me by until last year! It's my go to the game on the everdrive at the moment, would love a physical copy like you've got.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Thats a really nice setup for sure, nice Big Red, are you planning on restoring the cabinet a bit too?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Amazing game, this totally past me by until last year! It's my go to the game on the everdrive at the moment, would love a physical copy like you've got.
Yeah i love this game, it's one that the youtube numpty's would call a hidden gem, i suppose.
I've been after a physical copy for ages, chuffed to get it, top drawer game.
I've played it a lot over the years on my xbox via emulation, but it's sweet to get the real deal.

bigapple3am

Quiz Detective
Awww, yeah! Makes me miss my Big Red.
Have fun, dude!

Thanks!

Thats a really nice setup for sure, nice Big Red, are you planning on restoring the cabinet a bit too?

I'm definitely going to restore the lights and controls. As for the actual cab? The bottom floor panel definitely needs replaced as it is super gross damaged. I'm not sure what I want to do with the red vinyl. It mostly looks great, with a few chunks missing. Maybe I can paint those chunks? Vinyl patches? I'll repaint the black wood on the top and back. I might strip the black vinyl and just paint the wood, but the black vinyl doesn't look too bad.

New buttons, joysticks, overlay, and new carriage bolts are in the mail!

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Thanks!

I'm definitely going to restore the lights and controls. As for the actual cab? The bottom floor panel definitely needs replaced as it is super gross damaged. I'm not sure what I want to do with the red vinyl. It mostly looks great, with a few chunks missing. Maybe I can paint those chunks? Vinyl patches? I'll repaint the black wood on the top and back. I might strip the black vinyl and just paint the wood, but the black vinyl doesn't look too bad.

New buttons, joysticks, overlay, and new carriage bolts are in the mail!

WOO HOO GL :D

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
I just got my first MVS last weekend. It's 4 slots and I got a pretty good deal because it wasn't working when I went to pick it up. After hours of cleaning and reading these forums and it's starting to work. I can't wait to fix the lights and clean up the control panel.

Awesome pick up man. Welcome to the club!

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

View attachment 47659
View attachment 47660
View attachment 47661
View attachment 47662

Nice pick up!
Sam Sho II, Aero Fighters II, have been in my cabinet for the last four or five months. Great games.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Haven't done this in a while. Here's what's recent:

PCE ninjas:

kilC6dB.jpg

Just came to post:

hHkDsSH.jpg

I got the arcade PCB earlier in the year and 1CC'd it so this was mostly out of morbid curiosity. What a weird port. Missing an entire mission, missing enemy types, no melee attacks, and no gun power-up. At least they let you continue on the last level, I guess. Conversion of the music to the PC Engine is well done. Blew through the game with continues in about 90 minutes.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
$10 flea market pickups,

Famiclone and fake SNES/MD games,

6DfMZsd.jpg

x6aY4qs.jpg

From a local auction site,

Loose CDX and 32X, plus a Mega Drive game. No cables, power supplies or controllers.

And an 8 inch Sony PVM.

KrQ2ROg.jpg

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
so do these take actual mvs cartridges or do they run emulation?.

He makes them according to however you want. He can make it so that it's fully JAMMA. For mine I opted for emulation. I can run the boards on my real cabs.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I got the arcade PCB earlier in the year and 1CC'd it so this was mostly out of morbid curiosity. What a weird port. Missing an entire mission, missing enemy types, no melee attacks, and no gun power-up. At least they let you continue on the last level, I guess. Conversion of the music to the PC Engine is well done. Blew through the game with continues in about 90 minutes.

Nice! I understand where you're coming from. The order likely did not do you any favors. Clearing this one first made me want to have more with the arcade original, whereas to you it's hard to miss tradeoffs and compromises that are immediately visible. This conversion could've definitely been better, but you get the distinct feeling that what really held it back most was hucard size.