Pretty nice Gold MVS Cab in the NY area on ebay

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I'm tapped outa $ this week due to my ebay scores, so I'll share this one if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOUBLE-DRAGON-M...0QQihZ010QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller claims its got a new 25" monitor in it. Looks like the cab is pretty flawless. It currently has Double Dragon and not neo-geo hardware (bonus!). The control panel is the nice gold neo-geo one too, looks pretty mint.

So yeah someone snag this puppy up.

-B

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
hmm.. sucks that it doesn't have a mvs board. What do you mean by bonus?? Can't tell if the marquee holder is underneath or missing. oh cool find thogh

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Im trying to figure out what part of LI hes at, if its not too far down Ill take the drive 2 hours or whatever it is ;)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Without the mini marquee holder, and 2-Slot PCB, $400 seems a bit pricey to me. It does look to be in sweet shape otherwise, though.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Hmmm its an unusual shape.....always wondered what these looked like, if i was in the states & not too far away..i would definatley make the effort to go see this item first...
Btw ..that's no 25" screen tho..

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wish I had the cash for it. I've seen only one other Gold Unit on Long Island at a laundramat with Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug 1 in it. Hopefully sombody will give it a good home.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's a 19 inch monitor.

I sure love my Neo Gold Cab, even if it's not in the best shape.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Dammit, hes like 2 hours 20 minutes away from me :| Dont think its worth it right now

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Yeah i tried to haggle him last week. I offered $200 and he said that the new monitor was over $300 (which i think is a lie), but who knows.

Keep an eye on his ebay account. I doubt that will sell this round. He'll probably re-list it for cheaper than before.

-B

Ruell

billd420 said:
Yeah i tried to haggle him last week. I offered $200 and he said that the new monitor was over $300 (which i think is a lie), but who knows.

Keep an eye on his ebay account. I doubt that will sell this round. He'll probably re-list it for cheaper than before.

-B

new monitors are expensive. I'd say that it's worth $400 it if the monitor is new

Last edited:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
not a major fan of the exposed wood sides, I mean dont get me wrong, they look in good clean condition, I just think they make the cab look a little dated

Ruell

I guess I'm the opposite. I think the natural wood finish is whole lot better than vinyl siding.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
djrconsoles kr1 said:
not a major fan of the exposed wood sides, I mean dont get me wrong, they look in good clean condition, I just think they make the cab look a little dated
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Big Red is the way to go IMO. But I wouldn't turn down a chance to own a Gold either.

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
The pizza place I use to frequent had one of these.
400 seems fine to me (ESPECIALLY) for a new monitor.

Just go buy a damn 2 slot guys. and all will be fine.
It's a dedicated Neo cab for crying out loud.:smirk:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
man, that sucks that I don't have the room for this...I own a "black" gold...it's cool, but I would like to get one still in original condition.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Yea,it's only a 19........These are Pretty Solid Cabs..I don't regret buying one though I won't take it over the Big Red..
I was amazed at the room they have inside them..I could climb in the back and close it up..:p

I got lucky and got mine for $250.00(pick-up) with the sound out due to a Bootleg Bam cart causing it..It came with a brand spanking new 19" Monitor too..