Price Check: Contra and Super Contra PCB

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was wondering how much both boards will cost because I would like to buy them in the future.

I just hope the games doesn't cost too much.

Thanks!

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for the info. If anyone has these boards then you can entertain me with offers. Then again I'm in no rush.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Might also check on the KLOV forums.... they seem to be traded around fairly often there.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Few things to note about contra

1. Its vertical so you need a vert cab (Duh)

2. The audio is not on the JAMMA edge connector, but rather on a 3 pin connector near the jamma edge connector. I had to make a custom jamma fingerboard and wire the audio to JAMMA 10/L like it should be. I did not want to modify the orig board at all, if you did not mind soldering to the board, a small jumper could be made pretty easily.

As far as price - I traded my Rygar PCB for a Contra. i think I paid ~$50 for Rygar.

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Few things to note about contra

1. Its vertical so you need a vert cab (Duh)

2. The audio is not on the JAMMA edge connector, but rather on a 3 pin connector near the jamma edge connector. I had to make a custom jamma fingerboard and wire the audio to JAMMA 10/L like it should be. I did not want to modify the orig board at all, if you did not mind soldering to the board, a small jumper could be made pretty easily.

As far as price - I traded my Rygar PCB for a Contra. i think I paid ~$50 for Rygar.

Oh snap are you sure about the audio?

I have an Egret II so Vert/Hori is no problem for me.

Egret II only has the Konami four-pin for stereo if I choose to.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
The four pin connector is for stereo sound, you can get mono sound straight from the JAMMA harness.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The price for Contra seems a bit low.
Someone looks like they got lucky on that auction.

From what I have seen, it goes for around $50

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thats funny - I could not get mono from the JAMMA edge connector at all.

There is a jumper on the board to switch from mono to stereo, but still only could get audio from the 4 pin connector

Now I am going to have to look at it again

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
yo i had a super contra listed at like fourty five or something a while ago. never sold. lmk if you're interested.

Pas

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Thats funny - I could not get mono from the JAMMA edge connector at all.

There is a jumper on the board to switch from mono to stereo, but still only could get audio from the 4 pin connector

Now I am going to have to look at it again

I have always used the stereo connection for my contra board...but I just hooked it up in a mono cab through a standard jamma setup and it works just fine. Possably there is a problem with your board or the jumpers were set wrong?