Price check: Sega Naomi AMP

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hello, everyone, I got one of those Sega Naomi Amp that I want to sell. I would like to know how much they go for, lately. this are the pics:

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010060.jpg

I tested it today with Super Street Fighter X, so, everything is OK. It also has the volume pot.

It will go for sale as soon as I get the price range for it. thanks.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
How do you hook it up to a standard jamma cab? I have the same amp and transformer but don't know how to hook it up? Also I might buy the whole setup for just the wiring if the price is right.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
How do you hook it up to a standard jamma cab? I have the same amp and transformer but don't know how to hook it up? Also I might buy the whole setup for just the wiring if the price is right.

Aight dude, you owe me big time for this little guide (everything was already bagged and packed, ready for sale, and I had to take it out for this) :loco:

aight first step, the amp
101_1002.jpg

2, connect the transformer as shown in the pic.
101_1003.jpg

3, connect this white, black, and green cables to the cable that comes out of the transformer.
101_1004.jpg

4, this are the ends of the white, black, and green cables. Those ends need to be connected to your arcade PSU.
101_1005.jpg

Today I needed to test the AMP, so I had to connect the white and the black cables to a regular AC plug to power the amp.

101_1007.jpg

5, connect the Audio Left (white) and right (red) cables to the amp
101_1008.jpg

6, and then to the PCB board
101_1009.jpg

7, then connect the volume pot molex to the amp. (left hand side next to the audio plugs). volume pot not pictured, I forgot.
101_1010.jpg

8, connect the audio left and right molex to the amp. (right hand side white and red molex)
101_1010.jpg

9. there are 4 end cables from the 2 audio molex, 2 from the white molex (left audio) and 2 from the red molex (right audio) they need to be connected to your cab Stereo plug, in my case was the "F" molex in my Egret II. this one
picture of the cables and the molex:
101_1011.jpg

this is a diagram of the Egret II connector (got the pic from some of Kernow post, thanks!)
stereoconnectors.jpg

and the ends of the red and white audio molex are as follow: WHITE (left audio) Grey is L+ and Orange is L-, and RED (right audio) Grey is R+ and Orange is R-

10, next thing you need to do is go to your ARcade pcb setting and set it to stereo, and make sure you put YOUR CAB in stero, (there should be a switch, at least mine has one switch for Mono and Stereo)

I think thats about it. Power on your cab, if the amp is connected to your cab PSU, it should turn on automatically and be ready to work. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
WOW! Thank you very much for the detailed pics and tutorial. This will help me BIG TIME in helping me setup. Keep me posted if you get a price. The official wiring would be cool

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've bought two of them in the last year for $20 plus shipping on ebay. There's a guy who regularly sells them for that price. Seems like he has a neverending stock. Maybe he fixes the broken ones. They break quite often it seems