problems installing typex2 mobo in vewlix L

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
hey there, i just got around to trying to install my type x2 mobo in my blue vewlix L. the mobo is version 207A. im trying to run an hdd that was pre loaded with games. im getting an error msg that says (error loading operating system.) has anyone here ever encountered this problem before? for a split second it trys to display the type x2 logo on screen, but then it imeadiately cuts to the error msg. i guess it could be the hdd, or i may have it hooked up wrong.. or the mobo may have been damaged, but im not sure. either way im trying to get things sorted. thanks for the replies and happy new years. justin

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Considering its giving you such a straight forward error message I'd say its not a motherboard problem. I'm thinking its not liking how the HDD is setup, where its looking is not the correct location on that particular HDD. Have you tried any other type x2 HDD's?

Im assuming its using SATA for HDD connection? well the power and data cables can only be connected one way so I'd rule that out too. Unless its IDE which the ribbon cable can be mismatched but I doubt it considering its relatively new.

Last edited:

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
No I havent tried any other hdds. Its the only one ive got. And like you said the 2 cables only connect to the hdd a certain way, so im pretty sure I can rule that out. At this point im thinking its gotta be the hdd. Thanks for the help lachlan

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
Ok, long story short, ive now got a replacement hdd. Its now giving me a new error. Its an I/o error. The menu displays on screen and gives me the option to select games. There are short cuts to each game. However the games wont load. Some give the I/o error and some just go to a blank screen. im at my whits end here this is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated