PS2 Anyone deal with Modchip/Slide Card Bastards?

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
I thought i'd get this little devise to make my PS2 multi region without breakin it up, i sent my cash and never got the slide card etc.
Has anyone had dealings with this site before?
http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

On the subject whats the best alternative way of making my PS2 multi region without installing a mod chip or is a mod chip is the only way?

slerch666

updyke,
The older PS2s, if you don't want to install a mod chip, can use the flip top/swap magic discs.

I've never heard anything good about the slide card. Supposedly it can really fuck up your system.

If you can get one of the original PS Two systems there are some methods to trick the system into believing the top is closed, allowing for the use of the swap magic discs. The only problem is that supposedly Sony has already begun shipping a model that won't allow the easy mod to be done to it.

If you are trying to play imports, easiest thing to do would be buy an import system. If you are trying to play boots, then get a mod chip installed.

Eric

Fight On!,
Who wants to mod my PS2? Any takers?

I would just end up soldering myself to the thing. :(

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I received mine from them 2 days ago. Shipping took a while but everything was received. I didn't get the express shipping I paid for.

:annoyed:

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
The Swap Magic Disks for import PS2 games.
The Breaker Pro Disk with Slide Card for PS1 and Backup PS1 games.
You don't need the slide card with the Swap Magic Disks.
You only need to use the slide card with the Breaker Pro disk for PS1 imports and backups. You have to take off or snap the front part of the CD tray off though.

I've never had any problems using the slide card on my PS2 so far. It can take a few tries to get the Breaker Pro disk to boot up though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
this all seems complicated

I'm hoping that someone figures out a way to play imports similar to the way they're played on the GC and DC with the new PStwo

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I use a slide card with the ps2 but i got a few more import ps2 games so I should get it modded.

slerch666

updyke,
roke stAr said:
this all seems complicated

I'm hoping that someone figures out a way to play imports similar to the way they're played on the GC and DC with the new PStwo
If you get the right model PS Two, you only need to tape down 2 switches. Supposedly this is NOT the case with the models directly following the original shipment from Sony. I have a Japanese and US PS Two, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
If you get the right model PS Two, you only need to tape down 2 switches. Supposedly this is NOT the case with the models directly following the original shipment from Sony. I have a Japanese and US PS Two, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. ;)

link?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
SNZero said:
I thought i'd get this little devise to make my PS2 multi region without breakin it up, i sent my cash and never got the slide card etc.
Has anyone had dealings with this site before?
http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

On the subject whats the best alternative way of making my PS2 multi region without installing a mod chip or is a mod chip is the only way?

Basically it does what it says. I have been using it sense March it play imports and my PS2 drive motor hasn't had any problems. And you can also play backups with no problems.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
bah

the link is a bullshit lie

I will not solder anything or take out any discs while they're spinning

I just want a boot disc in the same vien as the DC or GC

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I just wanted to give an update on the Breaker Pro since I've had a chance to give it a good testing. It works just fine one an original playstation. It even plays PAL games on the NTSC console, which is the whole reason I bought the device (whew!). It did not work on a ps2 system, because the boot disk would crash when you picked the "start game" option on the menu. Of course, that probably had something to do with the production run of the PS2. The slide card method for the ps2 is a nuisance, too.