PS2 Street Fighter 3 Pics

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Here are the first screens of the PS2 fversion of 3s. Can anyone tell anythign from them, any differences? I was hoping they would port the arcade versiona nd not the DC version, shich had low res graphics.

Screens

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Crissaegrim said:
Here are the first screens of the PS2 fversion of 3s. Can anyone tell anythign from them, any differences? I was hoping they would port the arcade versiona nd not the DC version, shich had low res graphics.

Screens

I hate when people start posting about shit they don't know. CPS3 DOES have low res graphics. So.... so what is it that you want them to do? Make all the characters 1/4th their size and play it in 640x480? Yeah, that would be sweet.

Spike

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I hate when people start posting about shit they don't know. CPS3 DOES have low res graphics. So.... so what is it that you want them to do? Make all the characters 1/4th their size and play it in 640x480? Yeah, that would be sweet.

FACT- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike on the DC has lower res graphics than the CPS 3 version. It even has lower res graphics than the other two SF3 on the DC. This is common knowledge. I want them to port the arcade version and not the DC one and I was asking if anyone could tell by the screenshots.

You could just not reply instead being being confrontational. I was asking a reasonable question.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
but you can change the resolution on the DC version to suit yourself.

De-interlaced
After loading the GD-ROM keep pressing the Start button + L button until the Capcom logo appears on the screen.

Low-resolution/anti-aliasing
After loading the GD-ROM keep pressing the Start button + Y button until the Capcom logo appears on the screen.

Normal screen
After loading the GD-ROM keep pressing the Start button + X button until the Capcom logo appears on the screen.

Tampon

FAKE ACCOUNT DUNKED
With TS, I dont know why Capcom defaulted to the interlaced mode. It looks really grainy and washed out. Well, at least they gave us the option to select. Having said option in the 'option' screen would have been easier than a code.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Well, SF3: TS has a slightly different resolution than the arcade version due to the hardware not being the same. The difference is pretty minor though, and I can barely even notice it without staring at the screen for a few minutes.

It's hard for me to get excited about a PS2 port that has been done basically perfectly on the DC.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
You hear that? They are planning to release a deluxe version. hell yeah!!!!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
AWESOME! a five year old game on my ps2!!!!

sorry couldnt help myself....

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
edit: nevermind

Those first two video modes look really shitty.

On that third one, is that like "arcade normal" or "dreamcast normal" ? I don't think I can tell a difference.

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
I'm just looking forward to a better port thats all..

SF3 is rad.

X

Y,
Crissaegrim said:
FACT- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike on the DC has lower res graphics than the CPS 3 version. It even has lower res graphics than the other two SF3 on the DC. This is common knowledge. I want them to port the arcade version and not the DC one and I was asking if anyone could tell by the screenshots.

You could just not reply instead being being confrontational. I was asking a reasonable question.

It is the other way around budddy.

The DC runs at 640 X 480 natively.

CPS3 runs at 320 X 240 or something close to that.

DC runs at a higher res :make_fac:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
X said:
It is the other way around budddy.

The DC runs at 640 X 480 natively.

CPS3 runs at 320 X 240 or something close to that.

DC runs at a higher res :make_fac:

That really means nothing, ever played SNK ports on DC? Still low resolution sprites. Systems don't have a fixed resolution, it can actually be selected, and different onscreen elements can be rendered at different resolutions as well.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
That deluxe edition better have 2nd Impact on it, I dont like 3rd Strike :mad:

X

Y,
Mushiki said:
That really means nothing, ever played SNK ports on DC? Still low resolution sprites. Systems don't have a fixed resolution, it can actually be selected, and different onscreen elements can be rendered at different resolutions as well.

Low res sprite running at at 640 X480. You can not have to resolutions at the same time. KOF 99 on DC runs at 640 X 480 period so does 98.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
The DC version will still 0wn the PS2 for free. I would only buy again for Xbox for XBL :buttrock:

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, the PS2 can't do 2D graphics worth a dime.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2 both look horrid. King of Fighters looks all grainy and shitty, I'm sure 3rd strike will look like crap on it.

Guilty Gear XX does ok but it's still not as graphically solid as GGX on the DC :)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
AnechoicJinx said:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2 both look horrid. King of Fighters looks all grainy and shitty, I'm sure 3rd strike will look like crap on it.

Guilty Gear XX does ok but it's still not as graphically solid as GGX on the DC :)

GGXX looks fine on PS2. I have no doubt that PS2 can do justice to SF3.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
AnechoicJinx said:

Ever see the difference between the DC Guilty Gear X and the Japanese PS2 Guilty Gear X DX Plus? While the DC one is nice, DX Plus is so, so much nicer, in every respect. I have both, and did a side by side at one time. Heck, I even posted an in-depth review about the comparison, but no one wanted to admit that a PS2 version of a great 2D fighter was better in the Graphics and sound department than the DC version.

Very few people actually draw conclusions after seeing or experiencing a game. ESPECIALLY on these boards.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
X said:
Low res sprite running at at 640 X480. You can not have to resolutions at the same time. KOF 99 on DC runs at 640 X 480 period so does 98.

Period? You don't seem to understand, for example, the system does not set a same resolution for all things that are rendered onscreen, everything may be DISPLAYED at the same resolution, still things are "processed" by the system at different resolutions. You give KOF99 Evo as an example, well, the backgrounds are indeed in high resolution, but the characters are STILL in low resolution, if you need any proof, just compare Guilty Gear X with KOF99 Evo, and tell me which character sprites are done in high resolution. This applies for all games, you can have geometry, textures and lighting all rendered at different resolutions, but displayed in the same "size".

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
this should be nothing but a DC port, so it should have the 3 resolution code from the DC version.

hell hyper sf2 was a DC port basically of super turbo.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
This port should be perfect unless Capcom wants to go the "MvC2 route" by fucking up the sound effects like what they did to the PS2 and XBOX ports of MvC2.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The whole thing about the PS2 not being able to handle 2D is just a silly myth. GGXX looks completely fantastic on it, the KOF double pack looks good. The reason KOF, MvC2, and CvS2 look grainy and pixelish is because the sprites are *SHOCK* low res! CvS2 also looks identical to me on both the PS2 and DC anyways, save the DC version having lower poly backgrounds and not being censored. Since there isn't the small amount of blur you normally get on normal Neo-Geo or CP3 hardware/monitors, along with there being no or less evident scanlines, the pixelation just comes out more. That's not the fault of the hardware.

Last edited: