PS3 DTS-HD MASTER- OFFICIAL

Baseley09

Hair Group,
http://www.dts.com/company/press/press-article.php?ID=1601180336&cID=1&yID=2008

DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PLAYSTATION 3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

ADVANCED CODEC RAISES BAR FOR HIGH DEFINITION ENTERTAINMENT

MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED BLU-RAY MOVIES / CONCERT VIDEOS FEATURING PREMIUM DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO™ SOUNDTRACKS AVAILABLE

PR for: DTS Corporate

DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) a digital audio technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience, has announced that its DTS-HD Master Audio™ technology is now available for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. DTS-HD Master Audio is capable of delivering audio that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master at super high variable bit rates (up to 24.5 Mbps on Blu-ray™ Discs). This bit stream is so fast and the transfer rate so high that it can deliver 7.1 audio channel, 96k/24-bit sound identical to the original studio master. DTS’ single-bit-stream codec design enables supremely efficient content programming and consumer playback. The new PS3 with DTS-HD Master Audio will be available by simply downloading the upcoming firmware upgrade on April 15th, 2008.

“We are extremely pleased that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) is adding the full spectrum premium DTS-HD Master Audio codec into the PS3 so that more than 10 million owners of one of the best selling computer entertainment systems can have the best sounding, most efficient and flexible audio technology available system as well,” said Brian Towne, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Division at DTS. “DTS-HD Master Audio is fast becoming the must-have feature for high definition entertainment enthusiasts.”

"PS3 was designed to enable delivery of new and improved technologies like DTS-HD Master Audio," said Teiji Yutaka, Senior Vice President, Software Platform Development, SCE. "So we are delighted to be able to offer this capability to PS3 users."

About DTS
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS technology is in home theatre, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc and Surround Music software. DTS audio products are featured on more than 27,000 motion picture screens worldwide. Additionally, DTS provides imaging technology and services for the motion picture industry; DTS Digital Images, formerly Lowry Digital Images, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DTS and an industry leader in image restoration and enhancement. Founded in 1993, DTS is headquartered in Agoura Hills, California and has offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Italy, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan and China. For further information, please visit www.dts.com DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.

”PLAYSTATION” is a registered trademark, and “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

woop!

Last edited:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Finally! Definitely worth the wait though. And it wasn't like 1,5 mbps DTS was crap while we were waiting ;)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
good news, especially since my 80gb ps3 is on the way.

i gotta hand it to sony, they have basically killed the BD hardware market by making the PS3 that good at bluray playback.

SSS

neo retired
cool, considering I hardly use it for games anymore..

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
cool, considering I hardly use it for games anymore..

not like your intrest in games is any good anyhow. lol

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
not like your intrest in games is any good anyhow. lol

not my fault the majority of dual console releases preform better on the xbox :mr_t: . oh, and ... LOL and. one more :lolz:

think I got the format right.

Fakk2

not my fault the majority of dual console releases preform better on the xbox :mr_t: . oh, and ... LOL and. one more :lolz:

think I got the format right.

dual console releases suck anyways... the only great games nowdays are exclusive games.

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
dual console releases suck anyways... the only great games nowdays are exclusive games.

then you just admitted Last Hope sucks. so what, it was only a good game until it was released for the DC? only good because it was a neo exclusive?

700 dollars for a hacked FF3 cart and kinkos insert, boy you sure are a smart one.

Fakk2

then you just admitted Last Hope sucks. so what, it was only a good game until it was released for the DC? only good because it was a neo exclusive?

700 dollars for a hacked FF3 cart and kinkos insert, boy you sure are a smart one.

Im talking about next gen consoles...not the neo-geo you stupid fuck.

Last Hope owns and your just too cheap to buy one on AES so you knock it until a gay ass MVS cart of it shows up for you cheap motherfuckers. Get a life pal.

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
Im talking about next gen consoles...not the neo-geo you stupid fuck.

Last Hope owns and your just too cheap to buy one on AES so you knock it until a gay ass MVS cart of it shows up for you cheap motherfuckers. Get a life pal.

oh.. ok, so the law on exclusivity only applies to next gen consoles. how may I ask is this possible? games with millions in development and plenty of technical proffesional support somehow automatically suck, yet a game made by german homebrewers is flawless? does the neo somehow have immunity? is it some kind of virus? plague?

why do I even bother, I think you've more than proven you're a worthless douche who spouts nonsensical crap.

Fakk2

oh.. ok, so the law on exclusivity only applies to next gen consoles. how may I ask is this possible? games with millions in development and plenty of technical proffesional support somehow automatically suck, yet a game made by german homebrewers is flawless? does the neo somehow have immunity? is it some kind of virus? plague?

lol ok think what you want but now days, on next gen consoles the ONLY great games are exclusives, thats all there is too it. Everything else is pure shit and not worth the purchase. Anything on 360 is also just worth downloading for free on the PC since it has no real exclusives anyways worth talking about.

back in the days of 2D games like on NeoGeo, homebrew games can easily pass as great games since 2D is much more simplistic to make games for. Last Hope easily beats anything made by ADK or Visco...homebrew or not. 3D games are different and require more to become great games. Anyone now days making games for more than 1 console end up making pure shit that looks and feels last gen in quality. Imagine how shitty Metal Gear Solid 4 would be if it were made for all consoles...it would not even be worth talking about.

Plusmore, I never stated Last Hope was flawless, it has a bunch of things wrong with it, but you never read what I wrote about it in the Last Hope thread apparently so as far as you know you think that I find it to be a perfect game. Not even Pulstar is a perfect game. But I do love Last Hope thats for sure as it is a great game for the NeoGeo.

jackass

SSS

neo retired
oh, I get it. you're just to cool for new school. well pal, Last Hope wasn't made "back in the day" it's a modern release. and as per your law of game release physics, once a game is no longer an exclusive it sucks.

Fakk2

oh, I get it. you're just to cool for new school. well pal, Last Hope wasn't made "back in the day" it's a modern release. and as per your law of game release physics, once a game is no longer an exclusive it sucks.

It was made for a console that is made back in the day....thats good enough. Its OLD SCHOOL 2D. Are you just too fucking stupid to understand this or what? If great games like Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Uncharted etc..were made for all consoles they would suck ass due to the limited hardware that the 360 has and the horrid 8GB DVDs that they would need to go onto. Im only talking about NOW DAYS GAMES FOR NEXT GEN CONSOLES! read that a few times before your next retarded fucking reply please.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Warhawk is 800mb.

Just thought you should know.

SSS

neo retired
SpamYouToDeath said:
Warhawk is 800mb.

Just thought you should know.

but what about BD?! oh that's right, games get copied to the HD anyway because reading from the disc takes to long to load. let's not even talk about the triple's lack of scaling ability.

Fakk2

but what about BD?! oh that's right, games get copied to the HD anyway because reading from the disc takes to long to load. let's not even talk about the triple's lack of scaling ability.

I guess you still miss the point, but then again your a fucking 360 fanboy so talking to you is pointless. You are about as worthy as taking out in the street and shooting in the face at point blank. Just not worth wasting a bullet on.

oh and upscaling...lol please dont make me laugh. upscaling is a joke anyways. PS3 shits all over that fucking american piece of shit in a heartbeat otherwise Hideo would have made MGS4 for the pleasefixme.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
I guess you still miss the point, but then again your a fucking 360 fanboy so talking to you is pointless. You are about as worthy as taking out in the street and shooting in the face at point blank. Just not worth wasting a bullet on.

oh and upscaling...lol please dont make me laugh. upscaling is a joke anyways. PS3 shits all over that fucking american piece of shit in a heartbeat otherwise Hideo would have made MGS4 for the pleasefixme.

apparently you aren't aware that some triple owners own hdtvs that are only 1080i capable, that means when the ps3 can only poop out 720P games get reverted down to 480.

and Heavenly Sword/warhawk are average games. the only great title you listed was Uncharted, luckily my CRT does the scaling for the triple and I get a 1080i display.

Fakk2

apparently you aren't aware that some triple owners own hdtvs that are only 1080i capable, that means when the ps3 can only poop out 720P games get reverted down to 480.

and Heavenly Sword/warhawk are average games. the only great title you listed was Uncharted, luckily my CRT does the scaling for the triple and I get a 1080i display.

I had one of those old ass HDTVs...I used my stereo reciever to upscale for it and that works fine.

But either way..Im just fucking with you guys... seriously. The only reason I hate the 360 is not because of its games (or lack thereof), nor its huge fucking failure rate, nor its outdated old ass DVD drive that scratches the shit out of the games when being moved around. I simply hate that pile of shit because it is made by Microsoft. LOL thats all... If it were made by SEGA or even by Apple I would own one myself. I just love to fucking bag on microsoft. Thats all really. So take what I say with a grain of salt as none of what I say is meaningful or even worthwhile. Im laughing the entire time I write this shit out. :loco: Its all one big fucking joke to me. You pleasefixme owners need to just laugh at fanboy comments and move on. I think out of all the people at this website the only one who knows I have a wierd fucking sence of humor is BIG. At least he laughed his ass off at the fanboy comments I made over at Toms house. Its all for shits and giggles. Learn to live with it. Or you can always add me to your ignore list matey cause Im not gonna change overnight. ;)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah...but who here has a processor for the codec? How many companies even make a processor for DTS-HD...

Classe, B&K, Sunfire, Adcom, Anthem, Lexicon, Meridian, Parasound...

These are just a few that do not even offer a DTS HD processor yet...

It seems that at this point, the only way to get that processing is to buy a cheap-o all-in-one...

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
smokehouse said:
Yeah...but who here has a processor for the codec? How many companies even make a processor for DTS-HD...

It seems that at this point, the only way to get that processing is to buy a cheap-o all-in-one...

The PS3 doesn't do DTS-HD MA via bitstream. Just like TrueHD on the PS3, it decodes DTS-HD MA internally and sends it out via HDMI as LPCM.

All you need is a receiver or processor that can handle 7.1 PCM via HDMI. $500 or $600 will get you that these days.

Fakk2

smokehouse said:

more and more companys will add it in due time.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
smokehouse said:

Denon has that codec