PS4 & Xbox One System ebay prices: legit or hoarseshit Lie?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
So I did not partake in pre-ordering the current gen of hardware but I am curious as to weather or not some of these recently completed listings I have seen ($1k+ to $2k) are legit or not.

Anyone here flip a PO or new luanch system?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The average I've seen for PS4s have been a little higher than retail, but not enough to even be worth the hassle of flipping. I'd just relax and wait for some to pop up in your local store or at Amazon if you want one. I'm thinking the XBone might be even easier to find due to the higher price point, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Ask corebass.. he will give you inside info on the subject.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
I've flipped four of them so far for about $550 a pop. people are barely making any money on ebay right now with the PS4 (after ebays fees), those listing you have seen are deff not real, the highest ive seen a ps4 sell on ebay was $650 and that was a few days before the release.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On average the PS4 sells for about $100-150 over retail. Not worth the effort especially after ebay and Paypal fees. I think the XB1 should do better since it has a bunch of exclusive games that people want and has a Blu Ray drive.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
On average the PS4 sells for about $100-150 over retail. Not worth the effort especially after ebay and Paypal fees. I think the XB1 should do better since it has a bunch of exclusive games that people want and has a Blu Ray drive.

I don't think xb1 has limited quantities like the sony.. and people are not going all in on it ... but that is my believe.

And how not to feel bad for the ps4 flippers.. they invested quite some money... ran around selling and posting.. and made little to no profit... haha

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Amazon has PS4s listed at $850+, no idea if they're selling.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Amazon has PS4s listed at $850+, no idea if they're selling.

I'll assume no for now, they may get a few bites by panicking parents on Black Friday or something but probably not en masse.

Doesn't seem to be many stories of much money being made like we saw during the X360/PS3/Wii cycle. Between the early systems having so much breakage last gen scaring buyers and, as I've said in other threads, too many people did far too well during that cycle that now, the market is flooded by profiteers, which is just hurting their own bottom dollar. They aren't really making anything if they consider their own time wasted doing all the work on top of fees and all that at a $550 average, which is what I usually see.

I'm sure there are people that have friends upticking how high these auctions end as well, but there doesn't seem to be anything going high consistently.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't think xb1 has limited quantities like the sony.. and people are not going all in on it ... but that is my believe.

And how not to feel bad for the ps4 flippers.. they invested quite some money... ran around selling and posting.. and made little to no profit... haha

I won an auction for a new PS4 with Camera, 2nd controller, Ghosts, Killzone and PoP for $500 with free shipping. Paid right away and then 2 days later I get a refund and his message to me was basically "Ya right". He claims he sold it privately so it isn't for sale. I'm waiting for him to relist it, if he does I'm leaving a negative.

True, I don't think the XB1 will be high priced as the PS4 on ebay. I wish I didn't have to get the damn Kinect with it though.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I won an auction for a new PS4 with Camera, 2nd controller, Ghosts, Killzone and PoP for $500 with free shipping. Paid right away and then 2 days later I get a refund and his message to me was basically "Ya right". He claims he sold it privately so it isn't for sale. I'm waiting for him to relist it, if he does I'm leaving a negative.

True, I don't think the XB1 will be high priced as the PS4 on ebay. I wish I didn't have to get the damn Kinect with it though.

take a screenshot and post the message! I love the thought of lost profits from these guys.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
take a screenshot and post the message! I love the thought of lost profits from these guys.

This is what he said:

This item should NOT have been still on the market...

It was already sold privately (Outside of eBay)

And there is NO possible way I would sell this much value for $500.00

It just makes me laugh, he's the one listing it but says it shouldn't be on the market. Right after it ended he tried relisting it at $500(Reserve not met) with a BIN price of $1300. After I saw that I knew he didn't sell it privately. He just wants to flip it for max profit. It would have worked if it's was when the PS3 came out.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is what he said:

It just makes me laugh, he's the one listing it but says it shouldn't be on the market. Right after it ended he tried relisting it at $500(Reserve not met) with a BIN price of $1300. After I saw that I knew he didn't sell it privately. He just wants to flip it for max profit. It would have worked if it's was when the PS3 came out.

Neg him and report it to eBay. A few complaints like yours can get someone's account closed.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

So pointless. Just wait half a year till some games worth playing are out, what's the point of buying a new console without anything worth playing on it?
Flippers are hilarious.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I've flipped four of them so far for about $550 a pop. people are barely making any money on ebay right now with the PS4 (after ebays fees), those listing you have seen are deff not real, the highest ive seen a ps4 sell on ebay was $650 and that was a few days before the release.

No offence, actually fuck it, OFFENCE!

I'm glad your not making anything from flipping.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lets not make this into a flipper hater or flipper defender debate, there are valid points on both sides but it's a dead horse so let it be.

I only created this thread to see how the aftermarket was (truly) doing. It sounds like it's not even worth bothering with based on what i have heard & seen.

I myself lulz hard when seeing some of these serial flippers trying so hard to make the PS4 flip work only to walk away with $50 to $100 after fee's. Comes with the territory.

@ Xian Xi: I seriously hope that you open a case against that fucking prick of a seller & hit him with the neg. So long as he just relisted the like item he refused to sell you then he is obligated to provide you with said product.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
XX, I would report him and send the PM to eBay and cite that he relisted it. That should go over real well.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
XX, I would report him and send the PM to eBay and cite that he relisted it. That should go over real well.

exactly.

its a fucking AUCTION. people lose out on auctions all the time. thats the risk you take when you leave it to the bidders.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
No big $ being paid for consoles this generation huh? Interesting...

I've got an XB1 paid for. But I don't have any games picked out for it yet. Really don't give any fornication about it. Pre-ordered it a while ago figuring there'd be something I really wanted to play. So far nope.

Had that happen with the PS2. Pre-ordered it 7 months early. Came out and not a single game I wanted to play. So sold it to a IT guy I knew that had way too much $ to burn. They were going for $1,200 locally at the time. He offered me $800. So I said f'it and sold it to him. He was happy, and I was as well.

Have never bothered to intentionally flip stuff. Have better things to waste my time with.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
there's a bunch of listings on craigslist of people around here in san diego trying to sell them for $600+. they even put "SOLD OUT" in the listings... yet you can still pick up PS4's at local walmarts, targets, etc for $399.99

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
there's a bunch of listings on craigslist of people around here in san diego trying to sell them for $600+. they even put "SOLD OUT" in the listings... yet you can still pick up PS4's at local walmarts, targets, etc for $399.99

i was going to say the same thing , i saw ps4's at costco after release. its funny on our company classifieds email list someone listed a ps4 for $600 and he got ripped apart. yet people did the same thing for sdcc tickets ,iphones and other things and have not seen a reaction like that.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The resellers didn't seem to make much in the WiiU launch either. Maybe this is a new trend.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Not looked what they are selling for in the US but pre order slips are selling from £30-£150 in the UK for the XB1.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Nice to see most of the flippers just wasting their time.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
The resellers didn't seem to make much in the WiiU launch either. Maybe this is a new trend.

It is a new trend! The way I see it, the companies are flooding the market with more product than before. Not to mention, the absolute absurd raping one will get listing on eBay and getting raped for Paypal fees too. Bottom line, it's simply not worth the efforts anymore. In addition, the economy has been terrible these last few years as well, nobody really has the extra cash flow like they used to. And, people got smarter when they learned they could have waited a little longer rather then drop 2x+ the cost of a new gen system.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It is a new trend! The way I see it, the companies are flooding the market with more product than before. Not to mention, the absolute absurd raping one will get listing on eBay and getting raped for Paypal fees too. Bottom line, it's simply not worth the efforts anymore. In addition, the economy has been terrible these last few years as well, nobody really has the extra cash flow like they used to. And, people got smarter when they learned they could have waited a little longer rather then drop 2x+ the cost of a new gen system.

The only people that didn't wise up are the flippers...which doesn't surprise me. There are much smarter ways to make money.