PSP is dead to me.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sold it, no games makes me sick...im gunna miss looking at her though, the relationship was more based around me admiring the thing than actually playing it...too bad.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
iamyagami22 said:
Sold it, no games makes me sick...im gunna miss looking at her though, the relationship was more based around me admiring the thing than actually playing it...too bad.

I rarely play mine. It is such a cool looking thing, it is too bad they forgot about the good games part.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Gameoz said:
I rarely play mine. It is such a cool looking thing, it is too bad they forgot about the good games part.

There is 100% truth to this statement. If even one interesting game came along for this thing I would've been happy. Ridge Racer was all I cared for.

ray_7

Gameoz said:
I am going to pick it up on the DS.

ah yeah almost forgot ds will get this too, even better with the touch screen...

outrun and naruto will be interesting tho...

BIG

sony fanboy
To each his own,I suppose.

The PSP is alive and well....not quite sure what to make of all this talk of it not having any good games.

There are plenty of good software available on both fronts (homebrew/official),with more on the way.

Sure,there are more "innovative" and "original" titles available for the DS,but that's its gimmick. Just about every DS release falls into the niche category (drawing seals in Castlevania: DS,steering via stylus in RR = innovation?....yeah).

Oh well. Perhaps I'm not "hardcore" enough for the scene anymore,but the PSP suits me fine.

B-

Last edited:

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
considering the thing has almost been out for a year in north america and over a year in japan, theres not a whole lot to show with a few exceptions of course, but not really enough to justify buying one, imo.

I bought one out of impluse and hardly used it, i mostly watched movies with it on the train, roms are a nice benefit too. but for real games hardly ever.

games like Burnout, guilty gear, ill assume GTA is worth the purchase but other than that i can think of anything really worth playing.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
BIG said:

The PSP is alive and well....not quite sure what to make of all this talk of it not having any good games.

There are plenty of good software available on both fronts (homebrew/official),with more on the way.

Sure,there are more "innovative" and "original" titles available for the DS,but that's its gimmick. Just about every DS release falls into the niche category (drawing seals in Castlevania: DS,steering via stylus in RR = innovation?....yeah).

Oh well. Perhaps I'm not "hardcore" enough for the scene anymore,but the PSP suits me fine.

B-

I see what you're saying, but most of the games on the system are ports of games I already have or hate with a burning passion. Sports games and racers account for 70% of the library and the rest of the games put simply don't go well with the system, not to mention that I don't care for ROMS and such.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
The psp is really surviving off of its emulation. If it wasn't for that I know quite a few people who wouldn't even have it. The actual psp games released are pretty good to look at but not so fun to play.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Mario Kart?
Animal crossing?

hardly gimmicks, the touch screen improves animal crossing by about 1000%

and mario kart hardly uses the touch screen at all, its more the wifi communication and single cart link modes it exploits more.

why should homebrew software count? thats nothing to do with Sonys efforts, completely the opposite, in fact. In that case I'll take doom, scummvm with monkey island, and other such things into account too.

psp is good if you like playing cut down GTA and burnout, thats all.

oh, unless you're some cerrazy import gamer who likes playing games they can't understand to be more elite.

:cool:

BIG said:

B-
:cool:

H

hermegildo

I mostly agree with the sentiments on there not being enough good software for the PSP, but I'm keeping mine for Goku Makaimura alone.

The DS is not my cup of tea and I don't see where it's "innovation" lies.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
I mostly agree with the sentiments on there not being enough good software for the PSP, but I'm keeping mine for Goku Makaimura alone.

The DS is not my cup of tea and I don't see where it's "innovation" lies.

tried playing metroid prime hunters with the thumb strap?

tried selling 500 items to tom nook?

tried drawing pixel art with a gamepad?

god - you're retarded. :shame: or blind

H

hermegildo

Yes. No. No.

I'm sorry, but the fact that the controls are different doesn't suddenly make every game in the DS' library great.

I played the Metroid Hunters demo and I'll take Prime over it any day of the week.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
Yes. No. No.

I'm sorry, but the fact that the controls are different doesn't suddenly make every game in the DS' library great.

I played the Metroid Hunters demo and I'll take Prime over it any day of the week.

I guess you wont be playing online with us then.

Ill see you in hell!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I have toyed with the idea of getting one for over a year now, but I doubt I ever will now. If Gran Turismo Portable ever arrives I will reconsider, but I doubt it will either.

We got one at work the other day too, and just firing up the thing and waiting for it to load pissed me off. Great screen, but I want my handheld to be playing games a few seconds after I turn it on. I'll stick with my DS and GBA Micro for the time being.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I have toyed with the idea of getting one for over a year now, but I doubt I ever will now. If Gran Turismo Portable ever arrives I will reconsider, but I doubt it will either.

We got one at work the other day too, and just firing up the thing and waiting for it to load pissed me off. Great screen, but I want my handheld to be playing games a few seconds after I turn it on. I'll stick with my DS and GBA Micro for the time being.

yeah, I spent more time watching it load too, its like a minidisc player that plays very pretty 3d games - if you can be assed to wait 30 seconds every now and again.

plus, the original ps2 lineup did n o t h i n g for me, I doubt the stunning library psp has will do any different.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I still make love to mine. I'm addicted to the Virtua Tennis World Tour mode. I must become #1!!!!

I was praying for Alpha 3 last year and now I don't see it coming anytime soon in the U.S.

Narutimete Portable may be my first import after I skipped that Gundam game.

I may actually go ahead and get LCS as I don't think I could wait for May.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's sad that the PSP has become a PS2 shovelware and stripped-down movie viewing machine.

There are a few decent games on the way like Loco Roco (or whatever) and Katamari PSP, but there's just nothing for the PSP right now. I haven't even turned it on for gaming since Lumines months ago. Not to mention DS wifi poops all over what few online games are on the PSP.

Granted, some of the games on the DS are shovelware too (Mario Kart and Animal Crossing), but the well-executed online aspect of them makes them completely new games.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
kernow said:
Mario Kart?
Animal crossing?

hardly gimmicks, the touch screen improves animal crossing by about 1000%

and mario kart hardly uses the touch screen at all, its more the wifi communication and single cart link modes it exploits more.

Wow,how "innovative" of the big N :rolleyes:

"good golly,Animal Crossing just got 1000% better via stylus!"

"look ma,now I can play a ten year-old Mario Kart game ONLINE with the other ten year-olds!"

The PSP can do online play right out of the box,provided that you have a broadband connection w/wireless router.

I've been playing RR and TM online for over a year now,so what's the big deal?

Oh how I love the hypocrisy on this site :kekeke:

B-

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
BIG said:
NGCDemu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything on DS :kekeke:

B-

Disagree. You're super pro PSP (god, there's not many of you) and most here are extreme DS. I have both, and I love both. Honestly, I only have two games on PSP because the game selection BLOWS. It blows. The system is fucking wonderful, however. I would rather get worms for this than DS, since I know there's no limitations to this as there will be on DS. But, I will say that Castlevania and Mario Kart on DS are amazing. RR is also amazing on PSP, but Mario Kart on DS... while not as pretty, fast or half as good in the sound department, is magical. It's just a top shelf game all around. If it's about the games (and it is), then DS is easily winning as of now. I love them both, but how I wish more games were on PSP. I admit that I haven't gotten Virtua Tennis yet... I bet that game's great on PSP.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
It's sad that the PSP has become a PS2 shovelware and stripped-down movie viewing machine.

Amen. I will say that some games on the system rock. Hot Shots, Ridge Racers, and (if you're into that sort of thing) GTA are terrific. Other than that? It's a really sexy looking system that can do a lot of things fairly well. I have no problem with loading or the battery... or the screen, for that matter. But this great hardware isn't getting half the attention on the gaming side as it should. Enough with the movies already, give us the games!