PSP is dead to me.

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
Amano Jacu said:
I hope you wear a condom :kekeke:

I also have both systems... and I've used the DS much more, and own more games. The DS, IMHO, is the better buy because it's "gimmicks" clearly set out what it wants to do, and the games do it well. Electroplankton hasn't had enough love in this thread. It's the most therapeutic video game ever, not that that's an adjective commonly applied to games.

I think the reason why the PSP leaves me cold is the wasted potential. The only feature in MK:DS that really needs the touchscreen is the stencil editor... you could work around this. The rest of the game would arguably be better on the PSP hardware, smoother models and better textures ahoy. The same goes for Castlevania. This isn't heresy, DS owners - because the fact is that these games are on DS. The best reasons for me to own a PSP right now are Lumines and Wipeout Pure. Launch titles. Hmm..

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, I bought a PSP in June and played quite a lot the launch titles during the summer, but I bought a DS in October and haven't touched my PSP ever since (until I get English Metal Gear Acid 2). DS is more portable, fun, cheap and multiplayer with friends is a blast. I have 4 PSP games (all launch titles) and 8 DS ones. And I could care less about the PSP emus, they were a curiosity at the beginning but are totally pointless now, actually I'm going to upgrade to 2.0 whenever a good game comes that needs it.

I agree Mario Kart and Castlevania don't use the touch screen, but it's not like all games need to, it's good to have more variety. I think both use well the Dual Screen, I love being able to look at the map in castlevania without having to pause the game, and the radar in MK is also nice.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
pellucidity said:
Electroplankton hasn't had enough love in this thread. It's the most therapeutic video game ever, not that that's an adjective commonly applied to games.

Yeah, it is a great title to fire up while chilling out in bed before going to sleep.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Yeah, it is a great title to fire up while chilling out in bed before going to sleep.

I prefer teh PSP pr0n... :kekeke:

On topic, I have a DS and one game (Feel the Magic) after trying a bunch of games and selling them. :angry:

I do want to pick up Castlevania though...

I don't have a PSP, but I've tried Hot Shots on it and the screen is awesome. If the price drops, I'd like to get Lumines and Wipeout Pure. Maybe by then there will be something else out... :annoyed:

Ports piss me off, and I'm a sucker for weird ass games. So it make sense that I got a DS. But really, you're better off with a Turbo Express!

Cheers,
Ben

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I love watching anime on my PSP and I just watched episodes 1-2 of Samurai Champloo and I also watched episodes 1-2 of R.O.D. TV Series (Read or Die) last night and I want to collect more UMD anime. I am sure that their will be more PSP games real soon I want the play Breath of Fire III for the PSP even though it is a port of the PS1 game that I never got to play. The PSP need some PS2 ports or remakes like,

Breath of Fire IV
Devil May Cry
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dungeons & Dragons Collection (We all wish that would happen)
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File#2
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill

To many games to list. :eek: :tickled:

I wonder what new games will come out for the PSP?. :D :cool:

Last edited:

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Shawn Carr2o said:
I love watching anime on my PSP and I just watched episodes 1-2 of Samurai Champloo and I also watched episodes 1-2 of R.O.D. TV Series (Read or Die) last night and I want to collect more UMD anime. I am sure that their will be more PSP games real soon I want the play Breath of Fire III for the PSP even though it is a port of the PS1 game that I never got to play. The PSP need some PS2 ports or remakes like,

Breath of Fire IV
Devil May Cry
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dungeons & Dragons Collection (We all wish that would happen)
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File#2
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill

To many games to list. :eek: :tickled:

I wonder what new games will come out for the PSP?. :D :cool:

Sorry, boog, but that's exactly what the psp DOESN'T need. It needs more games that make the psp its own system, not just a underpowered port machine.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The PSP needs to be a MOVIE ONLY machine...

Fuck, software for it just DOES NOT SELL!

A port of Final Fantasy 2 for the GBA is selling better than the "MUST HAVE" Liberty City Stories...

Somewhere, JHendrix is eating a slice of Humble Pie with a side of Horrible Predictions

TonK said:
Fuck, software for it just DOES NOT SELL!

Not only that, but PSP game's prices are a far cry from fair. $40-$50 for a new release? Cmon. When they are mostly ports, and you are seeing a game on a 4" screen... that is not worth half that much.

I can understand DS games's SRP being about $35... real living, breathing EPROM memory still has inherent cost to it.

One more thing to add, after recently having played through Aria of Sorrow on GBASP, and also SOTN... playing Castletroid with NO loadtimes is beautiful. I start up my GBA SP at work during each break if I can, and I love the fact I can start a new game within seconds. Yea I know, in PSP's defense, it has instant on, which is good, but from what I have seen, Cart EPROM and flash memory > optical.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I'm seeing a lot of the NGPC in the psp. It's got a TON of potential, and it's a whole hell of a lot more power than the ds, but it seems like neither 3rd party developers nor sony are pushing good software on the system. The psp definitely had the potential to take a HUGE chunk out of the Gameboy empire, but they fucked it up something awful. That whole time when damn near no one was buying a DS, there was NO software available for the psp either. They could have used that time to kick Nintendo in the ribs while they were down, but instead now the psp has a pretty good shot of going down as the next Lynx, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, etc. Another system technically superior to the Gameboy flavor of the month that could fail due to the parent company's failure to act on some level.

What sony is failing to realize here is that the portable market is still "Gameboy" to parents. That media blitz they had in the beginning was great, but where did it go? The only time I see the psp on tv is when they say that some shitty movie will be on dvd and psp on some day that no one cares about. When you take on the Gameboy name, you have to do everything in your power to get people to notice you. Right now, not nearly enough people are noticing, and the ones who do either don't care or are losing interest and/or patience, FAST.

Yea if the PSP died tomorrow, I wouldn't really care much. It has so much potential, just I think Sony sees so much risk with developing NEW stuff for it when Nintendo has such a huge marketshare on portable gaming.

BIG

sony fanboy
Galford Forever said:
Anyway, I own a DS and love it. It's great man. Why you so insecure about your purhcases BIG? PSP is cool. If you love it, great. Sorry we don't all see it your way though. Variety is the spice of life man. Don't be a hater because it makes you sound like a spoiled little kid.

Can't a nigga have an opinion?

I own both systems,and I enjoy the PSP alot more.

PS

Hater is sooooooooooo 90's.

PPS

I drink Haterrade.

B-

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
le geek said:
Ports piss me off, and I'm a sucker for weird ass games. So it make sense that I got a DS. But really, you're better off with a Turbo Express!

Turbo Express rocks! I was just playing the heck out of my Turbo Express yesterday. I just got Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu in the mail-cool game. I only wish it had a good rechargeable battery built in like the newer hand-held systems. I usually just plug it into the wall.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Amano Jacu said:
I hope you wear a condom :kekeke:

Hell no that takes all the feeling away.

I've been playing Liberty City Stories for hours lately. If I hadn't caught a cold and had a high fever I wouldn't have stopped playing. I'm half way amazed they shrunk the game. And once I got used to the controls its awesome.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Not only that, but PSP game's prices are a far cry from fair. $40-$50 for a new release? Cmon. When they are mostly ports, and you are seeing a game on a 4" screen... that is not worth half that much.

when liberty city comes out on ps2 their psp sales will be zero.
i think it's funny when you think about buying a psp for 250 when you can
get a ps2 for 100-125 less. but then i thought that was funny
that you can get a ds for close to the same price as a ps2.
nintendo sure knows how to make their money.