QCF/QCB moves difficult on KOF2k???

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I purchased a KOF2k complete mvs kit from mike from mdgamesales a long long time ago. Last night, me and a couple friends decided to play every kof i owned (have all of them but 2k1) in order. Once i got to kof2k we were all having problems pulling off fireballs and moves that required that motion.

So, fearing that the game might have been a bootleg (serial #s matched) i cracked it open and everything seems legit.

Main thing i was wondering was, is it just me and my drunken friends having problems or was there a gameplay tweak to make it harder (more strict?).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't think its a coincidence that you started having problems on the last game. It also meant you had been drinking since 94, so after getting to 2k, you guys were probably sloshed and too messed up to do a simple qcf.

btw

I nominate this best.thread.ever 1st!

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
Granted, we were pretty sloshed but to back up my claim that its hard to pull off moves in 2k I decided to toss the cart into my neo and try it out sober.

After 15 mins of practice mode throwing fireballs and doing DMs with Ryo I can honestly say that even tho it was easier to do moves being sober, i was still having problems throwing fireballs.

I'm guessing that the motion for the move is alot more strict since I tried comparing it to SVC:Chaos and KoF 98'. After trying those two games (both of which I had no problem doing those moves using the QCF motion) I switched back to KoF2k, and I still have that damn problem.

Was just wondering if its me (or maybe my game for some reason) or if everyone else kinda has this problem.

-edit-
Oh and by the way, we started on KoF 94, progressed thru to KoF2k, then threw ROTD in place of KoF2k1 (it was a refreshing breather) rolled over to KOF2k2 and then finished on SVC Chaos (playing drinking games and placed bets on match-ups, best 2 outta 3)

Last edited: