Raizing Shooting Discussion

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello Everyone
I figured a thread about Raizing / 8ing games would be fun since the scoring
is very complicated and the games have great potential .

118124219488.jpg

here is some titles * shooting related *

* Sorcer Striker (1993)
* Kingdom Grand Prix (1994)
* Battle Garegga (1996)
* Terra Diver (Sega STV) (1996)
* Armed Police Batrider (1998)
* Battle Bakraid (8ing credit) (1999)
* Dimahoo (distributed by Capcom) (Capcom CPS 2) (2000)
* 1944: The Loop Master (produced with Capcom) (Capcom CPS 2) (2000)
* Brave Blade (published by Namco) (Sony ZN1) (2000)

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
I like this thread already. Raizing games are among my favorites, despite being very complex and sometimes making me want to die. Of the games listed, I have not played 2 of them (Sorcer Striker and Brave Blade), but I'd rank (har har) the others like this:

1. Armed Police Batrider
2. Battle Garegga
3. Terra Diver
4. Dimahoo
5. Battle Bakraid
6. Kingdom Grandprix
LAST PLACE. 1944: The Poop Master

Of course the rank is based on my personal preference alone. What do you guys think?

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the rank system is amazing and brutal.

pick up less, dont drop metals and most of all suicide for the love of rank!

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I like this thread already. Raizing games are among my favorites, despite being very complex and sometimes making me want to die. Of the games listed, I have not played 2 of them (Sorcer Striker and Brave Blade), but I'd rank (har har) the others like this:

1. Armed Police Batrider
2. Battle Garegga
3. Terra Diver
4. Dimahoo
5. Battle Bakraid
6. Kingdom Grandprix
LAST PLACE. 1944: The Poop Master

Of course the rank is based on my personal preference alone. What do you guys think?

Dude....come on.

You don't like loop master? POR QUE?!

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Batrider is SO awesome. I really can only get to the middle of stage 5, but one of these days I will beat it.

I hear somebody wanted to get a tattoo of Birthday?

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
yah they are tuff to get the hang off ,
some of his other works like Ibara , Pink Sweets and Muchi Pork
also fall into the rank freakout.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
It's actually quite incredible that with the 8ing games you don't play them like a shooter. In Pink Sweets (among others), if you want to blow shit up, you have to avoid all those power-ups and get the special level up! I still am blown away by bosses having completely different patterns depending on the rank when you get to them.

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the games are so unique that people either love them or hate em,
they are brutal but once you start understanding what is going on the game is so very fun.

pink sweets is a perfect example of this .

crazy design.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
I like the medal collecting in many of the games. Makes you not want to drop a single one, which causes you to run into a projectile you wouldn't have otherwise. Fun stuff, really gets the heart rate up.

Bakraid looks like crap but it's still fun to play.

Dimahoo is gorgeous but I have never taken the time to learn what drops what to complete the collection. (i kid about completing the collection as I can only make it the the 3rd stage anyway).

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
bbak0058.png

for those of you that didnt know what crap looked like here is a screenshot.
:D

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its like I drew it in some free paint package

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Brave Blade has no rank system at all, but it gets tough on the last 3 stages. Other than the medal juggling, it's probably the least stressful Raizing game. Very underrated.

Soukyugurentai is great. I need to get back to it one day.

1944 is doo doo. Doesn't even feel like a 194x game. Sorry Tinz.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I must admit, this is a nice thread. My favorite being Shippu, defenately one of my fav shooters period. I love all the Raizing games I have played but I haven't played them all.

I want to play some Brave Blade and I had the chance of getting the board way back but I opted for Strikers II instead during a cab purchase, I don't regret it though, I love Psikyo to death. Maybe we should have a Psikyo thread as well, hell!, even a Cave thread would be ace.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Great thread here. I LOVE Raizing/8ing games, they all have something going for them but I think Armed Police Batrider is my favorite. I just got an itch to play some shooters the other day and APB was one of the first ones I went for. I've going to get into some hardcore shooting tomorrow and I'll try to take some pics of scores.

Dimahoo is great just for the sheer amount of items to be collected. I love how the list scrolls when it's game over showing you what you managed to collect.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Speaking of awesome, I saw on excellentcom's recent price list that Batrider is going for $98. I dunno if it's the A or B, but is it really getting that cheap lately? I should just get one for the sake of owning it.

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
Kingdom Grandprix and Souky are the only Raizing games I have at the moment, but I'm hoping to complete the collection (Saturn) with Battle Garegga in the near future (played the demo on Souky, loved it). With that said, they are two of the finest shooters I've ever played. I absolutely love the bosses/sprites/level design in KG. I don't claim to know much about shooters but that game feels different/fresh.

How would those of you who have played the majority of both Raizing and CAVE's games rate them against each other? I've played DP, DDP, Gwange and DF on Finalburn for the PSP and thought they were absolutely amazing. Although I haven't spent as much time with them as I have with the aforementioned Raizing games due to how cumbersome it is playing on a PSP.

Anyway, just wondering what the general consensus is.