Ratings not showing in this thread!!

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not only can you not see the feedback, you can't leave feedback either. Is somebody going to fix this or what? What's the point of this subforum if we can't leave feedback?
Also, can we change the name now? It was funny for the first 5 minutes, now it's just counter-productive.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not only can you not see the feedback, you can't leave feedback either. Is somebody going to fix this or what? What's the point of this subforum if we can't leave feedback?
Also, can we change the name now? It was funny for the first 5 minutes, now it's just counter-productive.

2nd'd

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You know what bothers me most, that it's noob or lowp-count members who are whining about this.
There is always a way for leaving feedback,and you guys whining might ruin it for everyone,if you don't like the way things go around here find another home.
This discussion ended a long time ago.Keep it up and the ones on my friendlist will be removed for being whiners.Go create your own forum and leave this place as it is.If you want to respond; pm me and don't do it in here.
You disagree,take it to the WR

starscream615

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You know what bothers me most, that it's noob or lowp-count members who are whining about this.
There is always a way for leaving feedback,and you guys whining might ruin it for everyone,if you don't like the way things go around here find another home.
This discussion ended a long time ago.Keep it up and the ones on my friendlist will be removed for being whiners.Go create your own forum and leave this place as it is.If you want to respond; pm me and don't do it in here.
You disagree,take it to the WR

So, lemme get this outta the way, How are we ruining it for anyone? Why would anyone want to hide their rating unless they were out to scam people?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So, lemme get this outta the way, How are we ruining it for anyone? Why would anyone want to hide their rating unless they were out to scam people?

Apparently you lack reading skills so i'll reply here: If you want to know someone's feedback rating you can find out in the member list,you can't hide it.Now do your homework before you waste anymore of my time.I am only here a year but went to the trouble knowing about things like that.
And people that know me here know that i am not easily annoyed,but it's all whining,cause guys like you speak up before doing some research 1st.:)

starscream615

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Apparently you lack reading skills so i'll reply here: If you want to know someone's feedback rating you can find out in the member list,you can't hide it.Now do your homework before you waste anymore of my time.I am only here a year but went to the trouble knowing about things like that.
And people that know me here know that i am not easily annoyed,but it's all whining,cause guys like you speak up before doing some research 1st.:)

I don't lack reading skills, I just choose to continue this conversation in the thread made about it. We are simple pointing out that it would be easier if a sub-forum of the everything else market thread had ratings beside peoples names as the other sales forums do. If everyone wants to have there fun and keep calling this the Zelda doll trading forum, then by all means. We are simple pointing out that it would be nice to have these ratings there then to go through the trouble of looking through the members list. I'm sorry to annoy you sir but obviously you take the Internets very seriously.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am not annoyed,yet,but i am starting to become sometimes over things like this.
I know what you mean and am not gonna argue about that,but be happy with what you got.

ps: ratson doesn't take internet seriously:D

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know my post is borderline whining, but all I'm saying is this:

1) I would assume the mods care about this subforum's survival if they went through the trouble of actually creating it, as half-assed of an attempt it was.
2) The reason market forums exist is to make it easier to find items and easily determine trader rating. Right now BOTH of those things aren't working.
3) Therefore I can only conclude that this subforum does not adequately serve its intended purpose and we're currently better off without it.
4) It would take the admins, what, 2 minutes to fix these two problems? Or if they don't want to take it seriously they could remove the subforum for all I care.
5) Post count and join date is completely irrelevant. All we're asking for is a properly working trading forum, why is this so much to ask?
6) It's not that we are unappreciative or whiny as much as we're trying to help this place stay functional. Right now we have a subforum that is so broken it could potentially lead to a scammer outbreak, and at any rate is hurting people's trading reputations that they are working hard to keep up.
7) It's true that you can view feedback in roundabout ways. However you still can't add feedback using thread links from inside this forum (yes I've tried it).

I run websites and forums too and I know the admins take a lot of crap for volunteering their time. But at the same time I don't think we're asking for much here. If they're not going to properly maintain the forums then exactly what purpose are they serving?

Why do I get the feeling they'd sooner ban all members from Jax FL rather than admit they did a poor job at creating this subforum?

Rant over. Now I'll step away from the internets for awhile. :oh_no:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I know my post is borderline whining, but all I'm saying is this:

1) I would assume the mods care about this subforum's survival if they went through the trouble of actually creating it, as half-assed of an attempt it was.
2) The reason market forums exist is to make it easier to find items and easily determine trader rating. Right now BOTH of those things aren't working.
3) Therefore I can only conclude that this subforum does not adequately serve its intended purpose and we're currently better off without it.
4) It would take the admins, what, 2 minutes to fix these two problems? Or if they don't want to take it seriously they could remove the subforum for all I care.
5) Post count and join date is completely irrelevant. All we're asking for is a properly working trading forum, why is this so much to ask?
6) It's not that we are unappreciative or whiny as much as we're trying to help this place stay functional. Right now we have a subforum that is so broken it could potentially lead to a scammer outbreak, and at any rate is hurting people's trading reputations that they are working hard to keep up.
7) It's true that you can view feedback in roundabout ways. However you still can't add feedback using thread links from inside this forum (yes I've tried it).

I run websites and forums too and I know the admins take a lot of crap for volunteering their time. But at the same time I don't think we're asking for much here. If they're not going to properly maintain the forums then exactly what purpose are they serving?

Why do I get the feeling they'd sooner ban all members from Jax FL rather than admit they did a poor job at creating this subforum?

Rant over. Now I'll step away from the internets for awhile. :oh_no:

:help:

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
tl;dr

If your main basis for ratings is to weed out scammers, then your an idiot. Look at post count if your too stupid to click on trader ratings at the top of every page. If it hasn't been fixed, guess what? Nobody important gives a shit. Sell your stuff in your secluded forum, and be glad it's even there.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
tl;dr

If your main basis for ratings is to weed out scammers, then your an idiot. Look at post count if your too stupid to click on trader ratings at the top of every page. If it hasn't been fixed, guess what? Nobody important gives a shit. Sell your stuff in your secluded forum, and be glad it's even there.

Thank you.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm not following either of you. Me and most on this thread think not having trader ratings on a market forum is a fairly legitimate concern and would take no time at all to fix, and I'm told I'm an idiot for thinking that. The reason it hasn't been implemented isn't because nobody cares, it's because the mods don't care. If I don't voice my concern or I'm going to act fatalistic to the whole thing, then who's the real idiot? As it stands there are a couple of awesome people I owe feedback to on this forum, and they can't get it because there is a problem that needs to be fixed. Until they fix it, this forum is a huge disservice to both buyers and sellers and I will be sure not to sell on it in the future.

One of the airplane engines is out on this forum, and you're telling me to sit down, shut up, and enjoy the peanuts.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm not following either of you. Me and most on this thread think not having trader ratings on a market forum is a fairly legitimate concern and would take no time at all to fix, and I'm told I'm an idiot for thinking that. The reason it hasn't been implemented isn't because nobody cares, it's because the mods don't care. If I don't voice my concern or I'm going to act fatalistic to the whole thing, then who's the real idiot? As it stands there are a couple of awesome people I owe feedback to on this forum, and they can't get it because there is a problem that needs to be fixed. Until they fix it, this forum is a huge disservice to both buyers and sellers and I will be sure not to sell on it in the future.

One of the airplane engines is out on this forum, and you're telling me to sit down, shut up, and enjoy the peanuts.

You can still put your stuff up in everything else with all the handy tools you need now stop whining:make_fac:

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well yeah that's what I said I'd do, but if I buy anything off the ZDTF I won't be able to leave feedback so the problem isn't solved. To be honest I don't think there is any real reason to have an arcade subforum, but since it's here don't you think it would be nice if it was set up correctly? I wouldn't care so much except a ton of arcade traders aren't getting the feedback they deserve.

I think you need to check the definition of "whine" because I have spent the entire time relatively calmly going over valid reasons the situation isn't working, why it's important the problems get fixed, as well as offering constructive solutions. All I've heard out of you guys are unfounded complaints about so-called whining, with no reason why other than you're scared that criticism will hurt the mods' feelings and that "we're lucky to even have this subforum". But that's exactly what I'm getting at, I'd rather not have it at all if it won't be taken seriously.

So what do you all have against a properly-named, properly-working selling forum? I'm assuming you have a valid disagreement and you're not just trolling and/or sucking up to the mods in a thread you have no opinion in.

...right? :)

starscream615

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well yeah that's what I said I'd do, but if I buy anything off the ZDTF I won't be able to leave feedback so the problem isn't solved. To be honest I don't think there is any real reason to have an arcade subforum, but since it's here don't you think it would be nice if it was set up correctly? I wouldn't care so much except a ton of arcade traders aren't getting the feedback they deserve.

I think you need to check the definition of "whine" because I have spent the entire time relatively calmly going over valid reasons the situation isn't working, why it's important the problems get fixed, as well as offering constructive solutions. All I've heard out of you guys are unfounded complaints about so-called whining, with no reason why other than you're scared that criticism will hurt the mods' feelings and that "we're lucky to even have this subforum". But that's exactly what I'm getting at, I'd rather not have it at all if it won't be taken seriously.

So what do you all have against a properly-named, properly-working selling forum? I'm assuming you have a valid disagreement and you're not just trolling and/or sucking up to the mods in a thread you have no opinion in.

WOW...I think the battle lines have been drawn. :vik:

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Rating - 100%
38   0   0

Well a few things, and I don't mean to offend, but no one has anything against a properly named/working subforum. It's just the way of things here to have a forum with a funny name and it does serve it's purpose. If someone new doesn't notice then whatever, they should take the time to learn what it is and why it's named the way it is. People have been trying to get something for a long time and since they worked so hard for it they'd rather have it in whatever form instead of not having it.

On the feedback issue, I'd say just use the Feedback Forum to leave feedback because that's why it's there. If someone doesn't take time enough to look at that forum or to look for the trader rating before they buy then they're better off not using the forum. At least that's my take on things.

Last edited:

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
aMithos-- Thanks for the reply, that actually makes sense. And I'm not trying to offend anyone here or spoil their beloved new mostly-operational forum, I just think what we were given is worse than not having it to begin with, in my opinion. I'm aware there are ways to circumvent the problems in one way or another, but I don't feel like all that should be necessary just because the mods won't take a minute to fix it. That's why I'm laying out suggestions, nothing more, nothing less. I understand why that may offend some people on here but that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm just trying to help current and future traders.

WOW...I think the battle lines have been drawn.
Ratson knows I'm half joking, he's a good kid but he just can't compete with kernow's legendary apathy. :)
I do get the feeling I may have just started a flame war over something incredibly stupid, though.
I'm outta here, I've said all I set out to say, things are gonna get ugly from here on out.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Oh man get over yourself and the valid reasons you have and yes i have an opinion if you want to receive or give fucking feedback so bad you can't sleep over it then ask the guy to make a small topic where there is feedback.And if you actually knew me you would have known i rooted for this arcade related forum to open also.And about sucking up to the mods what the hell for,where do you think my brand new user name came from.I am such a suck up.I am not saying you whine about the wrong reasons,but why does everything have to be so serious.Want feedback?Use E-Bay.
And here is a little example of me sucking up to the mods: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196648

@starscream: You're voice died in '94 so shut up;)

edit:tryin to live the new name and yes most is meant well(enough cocksucking now.And about Kernow's apathy that's just because my engrish is not good enough(or i am just to happy )
btw "the kidïs 36 years old,not mentally perhaps but 36 non the less:buttrock:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
For all those who can't understand what ZDTF is all about.

I do rather have ZDTF the way it is than have what we had before which was nothing. There are ways to check ratings and there are ways to leave feedback alhtough it may not be conventional for some it is after all a small price to pay for the commodity we've been given. A lot of people forget or are not aware how this place came to be, ZDTF wasn't intended to be what it is now but given to some strange turn of events we lucked out and I intend to hang on that fiercely.

Some people may find it strange that their seemly valid points are harshly argued but we're just trying to defend what we have so patiently waited for, please try to understand the other side of the equation before divulging deeper into your demands.

I think it should be clear by now that ZDTF is a place where regulars will trade, sell and buy arcade goods. It works fine the way it is and I've already done some deals in there with zero problems. I care about the community and I'm glad to see good people use it, I think ZDTF is working pretty great and it was a succes from its inception.

All the nagging could cause Neo Gumby or anyone with authority to simply remove ZDTF and then we'll be back at the beggining, so in an effort to preserve what many of us have been trying for a long time to achieve I suggest to all those people that have a problem with ZDTF to stay away from it and let us be.

Thanks.