recommend a movie.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
anything you think is awesome.
title and general idea about it would be great.
i'm bored and don't watch tv.
so, ng.com brothers, help me out.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The secret of nimh. its animated (don bluth in his heyday) its dark. its awesome.

basically its about lab rats that escaped from a lab with super intelligence who have their own little society equally full of idealism and coruption/ greed. its quite enjoyable.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Metropolis - Commentary on capitalism in the disguise of an awesome sci fi movie

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari - Really trippy horror movie about a murderer who vicariously kills through hypnotism

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
cdamm said:
The secret of nimh. its animated (don bluth in his heyday) its dark. its awesome.

basically its about lab rats that escaped from a lab with super intelligence who have their own little society equally full of idealism and coruption/ greed. its quite enjoyable.

yeah, watched it again a couple months ago.
but that can't be the only suggestion.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im feeling animated today- how about princess mononoke?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Obscure? Check out this movie, you won't regret it...

a-boy-and-his-dog-poster.jpg

Also, anything in this thread looks like choice shit:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?224408-The-Trashy-Movies-Thread&highlight=

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

A who done it, dark comedy I guess you could call it. Robert Downey Jr. at his absolute best IMO.

I Saw The Devil

My new favorite Korean revenge movie

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Danger! Diabolik.
1960's Italian anarchist bank robber, great score by Morricone.

The Addiction
Abel Ferrara's philosophical vampire movie, Christopher Walken really shines.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Obscure? Check out this movie, you won't regret it...

+1 on A Boy and his Dog.

Also, Cemetary Man and Onibaba.

Cemetary Man is about a man who is the groundskeeper for a small town's cemetary, who ends up having to keep the dead in their graves when they start rising up. A Black Comedy/Romance film disguised as a zombie flick. Think "Dead Alive".

Onibaba is about a Mother and her daughter surviving as farmers in feudal Japan, scraping together a living while trying to avoid the territorial wars going on around them. Entirely black and white horror/suspense, one of the most atmospheric films I have ever seen.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lucky number sleven.

gangster/revenge flick starring bruce willis, josh hartnett, morgan freeman, lucy liu, and SIR ben kingsley. also pretty funny.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Taxi.

The original Luc Besson film, not the shite US remake with Queen Latifah. Oh, it's a comedy action film about bank robbers causing chaos and the police's inept attempt to catch them.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Revolutionary road - A classy drama set in late 50's American suburbia, it's about a couple who want to break free from their mind-numbing 9-5/Housewife existence.

The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford - What it says on the tin, a drama in a western setting, not an action movie

Both movies are great because they show that Leonardo Di Caprio ánd Brad Pitt are actually good, versatile actors who are sadly typecast into "cool guy" / teen heartthrob roles.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I remember getting my gamecube on launch day. Was so excited.

Got Tony Hawk 3 (Garbage) and Super Monkey Ball (Amazing). So many hours wasted on SMB with my friends.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
In the last two weeks I've seen and can recommend:

Black Swan
The King's Speech
The Cure Trilogy
Freddy vs. Jason

All of these were great if you have some free time.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I remember getting my gamecube on launch day. Was so excited.

Got Tony Hawk 3 (Garbage) and Super Monkey Ball (Amazing). So many hours wasted on SMB with my friends.

I think you meant to post that in the happy b-day Gamecube thread.

on topic:
How about "The Killing". A 1956 movie, second film directed by Stanley Kubrick. Cool movie about people robbing a race track. The trailer makes the movie look much cheesier than it really is, but here ya go.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Both movies are great because they show that Leonardo Di Caprio ánd Brad Pitt are actually good, versatile actors who are sadly typecast into "cool guy" / teen heartthrob roles.

I can't remember the last time Leo was cast in a role that was primarily geared for teenage girls.