Record collecting

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I got these last week or so. I'm very happy with my purchases.

#datcoloredvinyl
newvinyl1_zpse4c63449.jpg
newvinyl2_zps1b93f426.jpg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I just got a shitload of old Goa Trance 12"s for something like 1,50-3€ a pop. Sadly my mixer is on the fritz and my stereo doesn't have a phono in so I can't listen to them at home.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
How much did you spend on the Blood Dragon LP?

I'm not even sure because my wife won the bid on eBay with only a few seconds to spare. All I know is she got it for much much cheaper than the other original pressings that were on eBay.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Would love the pink version, only got the black one.

Just got a dozen records so far, mostly buying stuff I don't have on CD and classic "must-have" albums. Recently picked up Thriller and the thing still sounds fantastic.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Would love the pink version, only got the black one.

Just got a dozen records so far, mostly buying stuff I don't have on CD and classic "must-have" albums. Recently picked up Thriller and the thing still sounds fantastic.

The production on that record is disgustingly fantastic.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member

When people ask why I still listen to records, this is mainly why. Some of the mastering on the 70s and 80s stuff is truly excellent when listened to on a home setup.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
an old ep from ken ishii...

oait.jpg

which also glows in the dark

toow.jpg

BRUUUH I want that! I'm a huge Ken Ishii fan. He's the guy responsible for making me like Techno.

Any of y'all on discogs.com by the way? I am there under "SPINMASTERX". I listed all the vinyl I own(actually that I could find lol).
http://www.discogs.com/user/SPINMASTERX/collection

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
That's me: http://www.discogs.com/user/ebinsugewa/collection

Might not be super up to date but should be close. Let me know if you're interested in anything, I'm trying to go through it as we speak and cut some chaff.

Some nice stuff in there.

http://www.discogs.com/user/skate323k137/collection is mine. Mostly house music, some dubstep / UK grime, and a ton of hip hop records from when I DJ'd a bit more than I do now. I still have a few hundred hip hop records I haven't even bothered to catalog, and about 50-100 old house music records that aren't in there.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Purchased this the other day. It's the 2nd opening and ending to Heavy Metal L-Gaim. Pretty good anime in my opinion. Now I feel like going on a 45 RPM record shopping binge.
$_57.JPG

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Recently got laurel aitkens scandal at a brixton market and a Frau Doktor blue vinyl

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Got the reissue, remastered Minus the Bear album, Planet of Ice. I got the package that had the vinyl, poster, and t-shirt. Not sure if the record company still has it available.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I buy quite a few records, but I am not a collector. Not like I am with video games anyway. With records I am much more flexible when it comes to condition and reprints. I have no issues buying a reprint, and record with sleeve that's just in OK condition. I will also normally go the cheaper route. If I can get the original for $10.00, opposed to the new 180 gram release I will.

I grew up listening to records with my parents and some of my earliest memories are of me dancing to music in my parents apartment before I was even in school. I managed to save all of their record collection when I moved to Columbus before my then, very young brothers destroyed them. So I have a lot of Motown, Funk, and Soul records. And I still love them to this day. Now I go back and collect old Motown, funk and souls stuff from when I was little. I also started going back and collecting early 90's grunge, classic rock, rap, and misc. new stuff i'm into. The one rule I have with records though, is that they must be cover to cover good albums. Otherwise I skip them and get the CD. Unless it's a single.

I will post some of my favorites from my collection later tonight. It is a good mix of stuff (nothing anime inspired)

To anyone who want's to keep up I highly suggest signing up for "Music on Vinyl's" mailing list.

I really want the Tool album in the first page. But I will never spend that on a record. Hopefully that gets a release again. I am also patiently awaiting a re-release of Soundgarden Superunknown.

I really started getting back into records as soon as I moved to columbus and took my parents collection. But something happened that made me go out and pick up a turntable. My next door neighbor and myself became very good friends. He plays violin for the Columbus and Dayton Phil-Harmonic. The forst time I went into his house he had a huge collection of nothing but classic LP's. The one he had on display had a portrait of his violin instructor from New York. We began talking about that and I asked him why he liked records so much. and he replied...

"When you listed to a classic CD, you just hear the music, but when you listen to a record you feel like you are in the concert hall". Then he compared some albums for me and I was hooked.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK, here are Some of my favorite albums in my collection. Don't pay attention to the clutter. I'm in the process of moving.

I spared you all the pictures of classic rock and folk. And also omitted my favorite Motown shit because I don't think many people would care to see it anyway.

The Del album I just bought because I like the cover. I'm going to frame it.

For what it's worth out of these. The must get albums if you are a fan of the genre are...

Funk = Roger Troutman: The many facets of Roger. He was also like myself from Dayton Ohio. But was murdered. If you like Tupac All Eyez on Me. Let it be known Roger Troutman made that shit what it was.

Folk = Beck: One Foot in the Grave - I know you might be thinking Beck is electronic/funk. But his early shit is all acoustic. This very well may be my favorite album of all time. And this release has many more songs.

Grunge = Until I get Alice n' Chains Unplugged, Nirvana Unplugged is the best. But Temple of the Dog and Mad Season are great albums.

Indie = It's a tossup between Vampire Weekend (their first album), and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Actually I take that back. The Strokes: This Is It = the best of the indie bunch.

Punk = NOFX: I heard they suck live. Maybe the greatest punk album of all time.

Rap: Too hard to choose. Liquid Swords and Q-Tips: The Renaissance are up there. If you haven't heard those do yourself a favor.

Reggae = Obviously Bob Marley. But if you like DUB that King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown is excellent.

003.JPG004.JPG001.JPG002.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
anybody want to sell their jungle tunes?