RESOLVED --- beware of MagicT (Hungary) - no item received and hard to get refund

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks like MagicT is trying to make it look like you sold the cart to him. WOW.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I did not even receive a towel :D
But it feels as if he sent the wet towel to me, and the package arrived so wet/damaged that it was then returned to him.
I really doubt he truly went to pick it back in the post office. That makes a lot of sense.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So are you saying...

Tamas Magasvari is a scammer?

Oh, I had no idea Tamas Magasvari from Hungary is a scammer.

I hope the future employer of Tamas Magasvari never finds this thread. It may jeopardise his future work prospects.

Tamas Magasvari that rhymes with Terence Trent D'Arby, we wish you all the best!

23238580-illustrasion-vector-graphic-of-cartoon-woman--girl-bring-a-country-flag.jpg

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
So a lot of good stuff today:

- MagicT (Tamas Magasvari) says that he went to the Embassy to file a claim (WTF?! what for?!) and they rejected it (likely they do not accept wet towels as a payment).
- Also he has offered me 50% refund tomorrow and close the case in a friendly way.

Obviously I have rejected his offer.

I also called the police to file a claim. Police told me that theft category starts from 400 euro. Since I paid 450, I can file a theft report and he will be prosecuted.

So my email back to him has been straight and easy: refund me the 450 euro I paid by tomorrow, or i'll file a police claim inmediately.

Whatever he chooses, I am sure tomorrow it will be A GREAT day.

i swear to god this is the exact same route i had to go through with 'onefortheride'. its like they have a 'scamming for dummies' guide book. I want an original scammer. They all involve them sending a 'surprise' too. You got a towel, i got BK wrappers.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
i swear to god this is the exact same route i had to go through with 'onefortheride'. its like they have a 'scamming for dummies' guide book. I want an original scammer. They all involve them sending a 'surprise' too. You got a towel, i got BK wrappers.

Which smelled better?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
He used Tamas Magasvari with kpj too looks like. I would be surprised if he used his real name, but hey criminals arent all bright people.

The real kicker was the email he used for the bank transfer: hungarykum1981@gmail.com

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I woke up today with a screenshot of the refund in my inbox :D
I'll wait a couple of days to make sure it arrives safely to my bank :D
Shall I then remove his details after everything is settled? What is the forum policy regarding this?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Nobody here will reverse scam him, let them linger as a reminder to him not to start another account and come back to rip more people off.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Shall I then remove his details after everything is settled? What is the forum policy regarding this?

That's great news. I'd let Tamas Magasvari, the Hungarian towel thief stew for a few years before taking down any details. Notice how he only started sorting it out when his personal shit was posted. I doubt it was the guilt of stealing from you that motivated the refund.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I guess he was hungry to settle things...yeah.......boooooooooooooo

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

I'd leave it for awhile even after you get the refund. He's obviously embaressed now that he got caught trying to rip you off. Guy like this already shit the bed so to speak so he doesn't even deserve to come back here at all.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Did he take the screenshot? How do you know it isn't forged?

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Did he take the screenshot? How do you know it isn't forged?

He captured the screenshot at the time he was doing the transfer and sent it to me by email.
But of course I will not be confident until I see it in my bank :)

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
He captured the screenshot at the time he was doing the transfer and sent it to me by email.

I sat and thought about this for awhile. You should leave it up there forever. I'm not joking. He wants this information gone & forgotten? It can be by letting it fall to the 2nd page of this forum and beyond. It can stay there as a reminder to him and to anyone else who might consider dealing with his ass that he pulled some snarky shit and got caught. Leave it for posterity and it'll eventally go away on it's own as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I sat and thought about this for awhile. You should leave it up there forever. I'm not joking. He wants this information gone & forgotten? It can be by letting it fall to the 2nd page of this forum and beyond. It can stay there as a reminder to him and to anyone else who might consider dealing with his ass that he pulled some snarky shit and got caught. Leave it for posterity and it'll eventally go away on it's own as long as he keeps his nose clean.

We had a nice thread collecting all the assholes who scammed people on here, where did it go? Someone should find and update it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
We had a nice thread collecting all the assholes who scammed people on here, where did it go? Someone should find and update it.

No idea what happened to that thread. I'm sure it got de-sticky'd by VT awhile back when they were cleaning up this section. Honestly a new thread should be created and just updated by someone who's willing to commit to keeping it as clean as possible.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

Agree 100%.

Fuck that guy.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
No idea what happened to that thread. I'm sure it got de-sticky'd by VT awhile back when they were cleaning up this section. Honestly a new thread should be created and just updated by someone who's willing to commit to keeping it as clean as possible.

Hell I'll keep it up and I have zero problem putting as much info on the different scammers and thieves as possible.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

I really hope you get your money back.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I really hope you get your money back.

Thanks. I'm confident i'll get it sooner or later, he just needs to decide how to end this story: being a scammer in NG forums, or being a scammer in NG forums + arrested at home. I hope he has chosen the easiest way, though I'd love to see a photo of the second one :D

If I knew when the police would go, I'd fly there just to take a picture and post it here :D
My payment took 4 days to reach him, so if he has really done it, it should be in my pocket by friday.

Let's just wait and see.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He's certainly getting some action going when there are police after him. XD

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hell I'll keep it up and I have zero problem putting as much info on the different scammers and thieves as possible.

Well if you create the thread, Just ask for VT's "blessing". The most important thing about keeping the thread updated is to remain impartial without any sort of infantile name calling. Being that this is NG.com I don't see that happening but, you can at least do what you can. Keep links to pertaining threads also along with the offender's information which should be quoted with everything that person said so they can't go back and edit their shit like it never happened.

Some scammers on here will never, ever care about their reps seeing as they feel they are "untouchable" so you can only do so much to curb people from being dumbfucks on here. I support your willingness to attempt something new but it's a load to take on to keep it updated.