Retro Gamer magazine's terrible Metal Slug feature --reviewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
is it coincidence you made the 1000th post?

:make_fac:

Good catch!

And damn it kernow when I checked I accidently read what he posted:angry:

LOL:loco:

Oddly kernow made the 1100th post!

Hmmmm!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Cause you don't have to read the whole story after Rot's pics and vid,fucking amazing Rot,had any comment from stu yet?

They have on his boards. They weren't sure if Rot was fucking around or serious.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
They have on his boards. They weren't sure if Rot was fucking around or serious.

Show me ... and...link me.... please....

kThx....

And in answers to earlier questions... my gf Jan took said pics... she wasn't too pleased... even tho i said I could photoshop the cock shot...

...strider... i rubbed ALL your games on my genitals before I sent them.... so'z... I need help...

Geddon.... no.... the MS 2 is one of my personal collection.... those carts seen are minty as hell.... but fuck it.... I can rub them on my nipples if I want to....

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Is the anyone else who thinks it would be kinda funny to see this get a "sticky" so we'd always see

Sticky: Congrats to Shawn and NG.com for the Article in RETROGAMER!

Sticky: Retro Gamer magazine's terrible Metal Slug feature -- reviewed!

Last edited:

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I've taken the time to deliberately seek out this guys writing and have come to the conclusion that he is mildly amusing in an early 90s terrible writing kind of way. But writing about retro games doesn't necessarily mean we need the writing itself to be retro. I mean I was a child when I found this style of writing amusing.

Perhaps this guy just needs to have 1337 tattooed on his forehead so the world can know just what sort of guy he is and treat him accordingly. :hammer:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I quit reading this thread a couple of days ago, but checked back in today just for the fuck of it. Rot, you are the fucking MAN.

Chris

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I just love it when people on ANY message boards with thousands of posts call other people nerds. Talk about Pot, Kettle, Black as they say.

I think it's even funnier when someone makes a thorough ass of himself, then slinks off to his 'fans' (i.e. sycophants), then declares victory. And he's not being ironic, even. Best of all, they conclude that we're the idiots.

Now that shit... That's fucking priceless.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
This thread is just simply awesome on so many levels. In fact I'd rate it as cock smokingly good :vik:

All we need is a post from Shawn, Bonuskun and NSX-T and its fate as the single greatest thread in the history of ng.com will be sealed.

Slightly on topic.... while everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions on the Metal Slug franchise as a whole, a particular port, title within the series or whatever, I still question the mental stability of anyone who rates Metal Slug 4 as a superior title, on any level, to Metal Slug 3.
Sure MS3 will have its critics, and many will not see it as the best overall entry in the series, but even if a person has only played 3 & 4, I still find it completely preposterous that someone would rate MS4 as the superior of the two games.

To pigeon hole MS4 as a steaming bag of shit would not really be displaying a constructive, mature, opinon. Nevertheless, side lining and ring fencing MS4 as the single most horrifically disfigured, festering puss filled, wank stained, shit smeared, torn arsehole of the Metal Slug series would certainly be putting it into the appropriate context.

Oh yeah, and MSX ftw. :glee:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
All we need is a post from Shawn

I think the best post I've ever seen Shawn make was a year old DashK thread that he just posted "Bump" in.

Cracked me up, that seems appropriate for this thread.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
They all just agree with whatever their 'reverend' says because they are sheep, basically. Their replies are pseudo-intelligent nonsence and still contain incorrect use of 'your' and 'there'.

Yeah, it really is the intelligent gentlemens club of the internet. Where you have to line stu's pocket to even make a new thread because he thinks your opinion is so worthless.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Wow, 45 pages. I've only read like 22 of them and I can't really be bothered to read more of Stu's pissyness. I may not be a fan of the OP but I'll be damned if all of his initial argument- and those in his first response- don't rip Stu apart.

I was looking at RG sub fees. $120USD? Are you serious? Subs are supposed to be CHEAPER than the cover price total. You want $120 of my hard-earned-sit-on-my-ass-and-surf-the-net-all-day money to read articles that are full of inconsistencies and written by an angry manbaby?

Look, drop the sub price to $20USD and I'll get one. Other than that, I'll pass and read the GameFAQs messageboards.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yes, please move back to GameFaqs and stop whining it up here.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It is difficult to make a magazine cheaper to publish without increasing the amount of issues you print. If they can increase sales, the price may well go down, but for now, they are probably only selling enough at that price to make a meager profit. Not unlike the Neo Geo, costs are higher mainly due to production being lower.

Wow, 45 pages. I've only read like 22 of them and I can't really be bothered to read more of Stu's pissyness. I may not be a fan of the OP but I'll be damned if all of his initial argument- and those in his first response- don't rip Stu apart.

I was looking at RG sub fees. $120USD? Are you serious? Subs are supposed to be CHEAPER than the cover price total. You want $120 of my hard-earned-sit-on-my-ass-and-surf-the-net-all-day money to read articles that are full of inconsistencies and written by an angry manbaby?

Look, drop the sub price to $20USD and I'll get one. Other than that, I'll pass and read the GameFAQs messageboards.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
They all just agree with whatever their 'reverend' says because they are sheep, basically. Their replies are pseudo-intelligent nonsence and still contain incorrect use of 'your' and 'there'.

Yeah, it really is the intelligent gentlemens club of the internet. Where you have to line stu's pocket to even make a new thread because he thinks your opinion is so worthless.

I've always treated your opinion as worthless and you've never given me a goddamn penny!! ;)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I think the best post I've ever seen Shawn make was a year old DashK thread that he just posted "Bump" in.

Cracked me up, that seems appropriate for this thread.

BMU... this thread really needs a reply from him as well, just for that "old skool" feel if nothing else.

A legendary thread for legendary members.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
It is difficult to make a magazine cheaper to publish without increasing the amount of issues you print. If they can increase sales, the price may well go down, but for now, they are probably only selling enough at that price to make a meager profit. Not unlike the Neo Geo, costs are higher mainly due to production being lower.

heh, well they're not helping their sales in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.