RIP Grant Imahara

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Just now found out MythBusters Grant Imahara passed July 13 from a brain aneurysm, he was only 49.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah bit of a surprise being so young. I really did like watching Mythbusters.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I’ve briefly met him at robot events, and a lot of my friends were close with him and had met at various Battlebots events or worked with him at ILM (sometimes both). Just last week I got in the mail a poster he had signed.

Right now my Facebook feed is literally all of my engineering friends sharing polaroids of the old Battlebots and ILM days. Or sharing how much of an inspiration he was. Disheartening to hear. He was so young.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Lana: What's your third biggest fear?
Archer: Brain aneurysm.
Lana: What's a brain aneurysm have to do with walking around in a swamp?
Archer: Nothing, it can happen anywhere at anytime, that's what makes it so terrifying.

RIP to a guy who helped make science cool to a generation.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Really sad to hear. I loved watching Mythbusters. You could always tell Grant knew and loved what he was doing. RIP.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
He was the guy on Mythbusters who never had a negative thing to say. Always smiling. He had quite the impressive resume for someone his age. No wonder he touched so many.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
RIP. That's two Mythbusters hosts down in just like 6 months...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Too young. My condolences to his friends and family. Enjoyed his work on mythbusters and other bits I saw of him on YouTube.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
And so Jessi's death isn't a bummer?
No her loss was tragic but still self inflicted. But there's a difference between strapping yourself into a rocket car because you want to be 2fast 2furious like Paul Walker and someone less dangerously going about their life when suddenly a blood vessel ruptured in their brain.

fake

15 Year Member
No her loss was tragic but still self inflicted. But there's a difference between strapping yourself into a rocket car because you want to be 2fast 2furious like Paul Walker and someone less dangerously going about their life when suddenly a blood vessel ruptured in their brain.

You're right. I shouldn't have alluded to Jessi dying.

:thevt:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Stuff like sudden undetected aneurysms scare the hell out of me. I mean there just is not much you can do about it.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
They are absolutely terrifying. No symptoms.
Some family history does put someone at risk, but that's not the only problem. They can occur in your kidney, knees, or spleen as well.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Stuff like sudden undetected aneurysms scare the hell out of me. I mean there just is not much you can do about it.

Too right, people here wouldn’t even know you’re gone. You wouldn’t even get a goodbye to the drama thread.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Too right, people here wouldn’t even know you’re gone. You wouldn’t even get a goodbye to the drama thread.

Buuuurrrrrn!