Sam Sho : Edge of Destiny New Trailer

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
KOF XII has and amazing engine. Just SNKP fucked up by not making a net code for each region. I am not playing that game anymore with horrid input delay online, its way to good to be released in such a shitty way, its unreal really.

Edge is a pointless attempt,. They should be apologizing to us AMERICAN fans and offering a repressing of that coaster we all burned 60$ on, instead of making other sell out junk like KOF shooters, rpgs, beat em up trash an other non sense games.

I'm sorry, but SNKP is garbage with zero credibility until they address that mess. I'm tired of the low quality of their net coding, and everyone bitches to these fucking morons and they never listen. They ONLY care about the dollar, why guys like Capcom's ono are putting themselves out and being totally awesome with fans and making bank the cool way.

Seriously, fuck you SNKP.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Guess we've got another thread with someone getting false hopes up then.

KOF XII has and amazing engine. Just SNKP fucked up by not making a net code for each region. I am not playing that game anymore with horrid input delay online, its way to good to be released in such a shitty way, its unreal really.

Edge is a pointless attempt,. They should be apologizing to us AMERICAN fans and offering a repressing of that coaster we all burned 60$ on, instead of making other sell out junk like KOF shooters, rpgs, beat em up trash an other non sense games.

I'm sorry, but SNKP is garbage with zero credibility until they address that mess. I'm tired of the low quality of their net coding, and everyone bitches to these fucking morons and they never listen. They ONLY care about the dollar, why guys like Capcom's ono are putting themselves out and being totally awesome with fans and making bank the cool way.

Seriously, fuck you SNKP.
Oh, enough already. You're going to give yourself skin failure. It may not be worth $60, but game that can be used for some awesome local tournament play still isn't a coaster.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Guess we've got another thread with someone getting false hopes up then.

Oh, enough already. You're going to give yourself skin failure. It may not be worth $60, but game that can be used for some awesome local tournament play still isn't a coaster.

Awesome local tourney play? Okay dude, you show me anyone LOCAL to you that's at tourney level and we'll talk.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Awesome local tourney will look like this:
Everyone uses Ukyo/Kyoshiro
If someone uses Hanzo, Ukyo player beats him with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back (he will mash A,A,A,A,A,A,A with other hand)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I heard from a friend the game is garbage. I think I might actually enjoy it on a different level just for shits because I love the tenchu series, but I don't know.

You make a good point though, the way attacks register is either gonna be weird, or sloppy on confirmation, or you just side step counter constantly, which becomes stupid.

Anyone with true range in this game will be godly as shit though. That dude with the gun seems like a fucking nightmare already.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
This game is something like, well,

Take Ukyo from SS4, make him a moveset with
-30 visually different variations of his medium slash (that all are the same gameplay wise)
-Those also can be linked into 3-hit canned combos (like CD combos in SS4 only without CD starter)
-1 strong slash with even longer startup and recovery, that takes away big chunk of life at once but is so unsafe that guaranteedly eats same strong slash of opponent, so you may want not to use it at all
-sheath swing that is close-ranged but juggles, and you can follow those medium slashes since opponent's hitboxes always remain active in air
-a useless "hidden sword: snowfall" move that now has number of hits based on number of your button presses
-his BC overhead from SS4, that is still slow (and even more useless because people almost dont crouch in this game) - and now it carries the proud name of "hidden sword: swallow slice" move

Gameplan:
-juggle start and repeat mid slashes all day
:D

P.S. The dude with the gun has all of his shots unblockable, having full screen range, and he also can fire them in series.
So well, if someone thought Sankuro in SS5 was cheap, he will probably change his mind seeing online rooms full of Draco users.
Since the whole cast is close-ranged, and Galford is semi-close-ranged with his dog, and yet everyone will have access to fullscreen unblockable Draco... you do the math

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I heard from a friend the game is garbage. I think I might actually enjoy it on a different level just for shits because I love the tenchu series, but I don't know.

You make a good point though, the way attacks register is either gonna be weird, or sloppy on confirmation, or you just side step counter constantly, which becomes stupid.

Anyone with true range in this game will be godly as shit though. That dude with the gun seems like a fucking nightmare already.

I love Tenchu, including K2's Tenchu games.

Sen is still pure shit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This game is something like, well,

Take Ukyo from SS4, make him a moveset with
-30 visually different variations of his medium slash (that all are the same gameplay wise)
-Those also can be linked into 3-hit canned combos (like CD combos in SS4 only without CD starter)
-1 strong slash with even longer startup and recovery, that takes away big chunk of life at once but is so unsafe that guaranteedly eats same strong slash of opponent, so you may want not to use it at all
-sheath swing that is close-ranged but juggles, and you can follow those medium slashes since opponent's hitboxes always remain active in air
-a useless "hidden sword: snowfall" move that now has number of hits based on number of your button presses
-his BC overhead from SS4, that is still slow (and even more useless because people almost dont crouch in this game) - and now it carries the proud name of "hidden sword: swallow slice" move

Gameplan:
-juggle start and repeat mid slashes all day
:D

P.S. The dude with the gun has all of his shots unblockable, having full screen range, and he also can fire them in series.
So well, if someone thought Sankuro in SS5 was cheap, he will probably change his mind seeing online rooms full of Draco users.
Since the whole cast is close-ranged, and Galford is semi-close-ranged with his dog, and yet everyone will have access to fullscreen unblockable Draco... you do the math

ALL his range tools are unblockable full screen? Jesus christ.
Remember those easy 14 hit SSIV infinite loops? I mean crap, even with those, the game was still fun. Of course, until you learn how to do them, which only requires decent execution and practice.

So those juggles are just easy infinites, in the same stupid vein as bao 2001, and armor lin 2000?
There is no juggle rule in place? At least a rule to where you can stop being juggled??

SNKP, what are you doing with your historically respectable franchises? God, its like watching a dream die in tiny fragments.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
ALL his range tools are unblockable full screen? Jesus christ.

Apparently SNK thought you should sidestep them or something; but it doesnt helps much since theyre so fast and all the cast can do damage in close quarters anyway (where there's lesser chance to evade them)

Remember those easy 14 hit SSIV infinite loops? I mean crap, even with those, the game was still fun. Of course, until you learn how to do them, which only requires decent execution and practice.

They're not of much problem, since noobs dont know how to use them, and pro players simply dont use them because of variety of reasons "them being infinites, being unbalanced, being boring to use, being easy to mess up, and having little damage output per hit".

So those juggles are just easy infinites, in the same stupid vein as bao 2001, and armor lin 2000?
There is no juggle rule in place? At least a rule to where you can stop being juggled??

I think there is something as tiny distance increase or some lowering of juggled character after each hit; however you can juggle off the wall (a spectacular view, because victim slides down against wall, stopping for a moment each time he gets hit, so its slide-stop-slide-stop...:lolz:) and you can juggle like for 20 hits or so against the wall....looks really stupid.

There are also ground off-the-wall loops, from what I saw they can be used undefinitely as long as you keep yourself at 90 degree angle against the wall, and opponent is between you and the wall. I saw more than 50% of life drained with these, which reminded me of MKvsDC wall loops.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

lol wut?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That "lol" wasn't douchey at all. Well, if you had a tournament. Or at least someone else to play with locally. There's a game on there, an awesome one for sure, even if it's restricted to local play. If there were no game, then perhaps I'd be willing to call it a "coaster."

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The game is awesome, but the problem is. America has like no major KOF scene. So the online aspect, as stupid I take online compared to real offline, it would have been great, because the scene isn't there..

Its also a double dagger because Blaz runs so smooth online.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Is this game still coming out? I can't find it on gamestop's website.

Clessy

Banned
That "lol" wasn't douchey at all. Well, if you had a tournament. Or at least someone else to play with locally. There's a game on there, an awesome one for sure, even if it's restricted to local play. If there were no game, then perhaps I'd be willing to call it a "coaster."

Can you really even say the games that great local play?

You get sick of seeing the same damn 5 stages and with no bosses and it missing al ot of fan favorite characters it leaves a lot to be desired still imho.

Its just a whole botched experince in so many ways.

There needed to be at least 12 real stages all offered with day night and sunset plus there should of been a end and a mid boss.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
That "lol" wasn't douchey at all.

I'm sorry but last I recall about you, you didn't like it when people sugarcoated their posts towards you. Alec, SNK is dead and shit like this isn't even close to the quality we used to get.

Well, if you had a tournament. Or at least someone else to play with locally. There's a game on there, an awesome one for sure, even if it's restricted to local play. If there were no game, then perhaps I'd be willing to call it a "coaster."

I wish this were true but the arcade scene isn't as good as it was years ago and probably never will be again. Arcades were all about cutting edge shit and well the home market for the most part shits all over arcades in cutting edge software.

The concept of waiting for a perfect home port of your favorite arcade game is really something of the past.

Well, I'm still waiting for a perfect Daytona USA.....

One day....

The game is awesome, but the problem is. America has like no major KOF scene. So the online aspect, as stupid I take online compared to real offline, it would have been great, because the scene isn't there..

Its also a double dagger because Blaz runs so smooth online.

There's more of a major KoF scene in Mexico then the US I shit you not. I know so many spanish speaking only players who talked about koF all the time and were actually fucking good at it.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but last I recall about you, you didn't like it when people sugarcoated their posts towards you. Alec, SNK is dead and shit like this isn't even close to the quality we used to get.

I wish this were true but the arcade scene isn't as good as it was years ago and probably never will be again. Arcades were all about cutting edge shit and well the home market for the most part shits all over arcades in cutting edge software.

The concept of waiting for a perfect home port of your favorite arcade game is really something of the past.

Well, I'm still waiting for a perfect Daytona USA.....

One day....

There's more of a major KoF scene in Mexico then the US I shit you not. I know so many spanish speaking only players who talked about koF all the time and were actually fucking good at it.

I know dude, Mexico is one of the top 4 regions on earth for SNK games. Its ashame we don't have a scene here. I actually was taught KOF by the mexican players originally.

Its also true about the arcade scene, I used to play the chinese players who live down here @ super arcade back in 2000. When KOF 2000 hit, that scene was huge. Now when a KOF comes out, theres very few players who give a damn, its ashame really, because nobody levels up and the scene usually dies cause this damn company seems to release a sequel constantly now, instead of giving us under a year of fly by to level up in said games.

Its using game inflation, and has lost touch with most of the players. Guys I play like MR KOF and others at AI are solid players, but its not like even they have a million dudes to play either, so the scene is constantly niche.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
I was disappointed that release dates seemed to have been pulled on Samurai Shodown Edge of Destiny. I am looking forward to this game and now looks to be nowhere in sight. *sigh

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I was disappointed that release dates seemed to have been pulled on Samurai Shodown Edge of Destiny. I am looking forward to this game and now looks to be nowhere in sight. *sigh

Get used to it...this is SuckP after all. Not even Ignition can force them to honor their release dates. Or maybe Ignition dropped them completely after the whole KOF XII debacle...that would explain the lack of plans for a US 2k2UM port.

This company couldn't give any less of a shit about us...sad.

EDIT: the game's not even listed on Amazon, WTF :oh_no:

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Maybe SNKP's actually doing us a favor by not releasing this turd.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Shit, the only site I can find it on is playasia and there it's TBA.

I think Ignition is shitcanning SNKP alltogether.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Shit, the only site I can find it on is playasia and there it's TBA.

I think Ignition is shitcanning SNKP alltogether.
I've never heard anything except constant complaints about Ignition from the entire time they've been handling the UK distribution. Some of the stuff I read about them made old SNK USA look like fucking Namco or something in how johnny-on-the-spot they were.

So I'm not at all surprised that as bad as things often were for SNK fans in the US already, Ignition manages to make things even worse.