Samurai Shodown Sen US release - March 30

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
^ hit me up if interested:killakief15th:were porbobly the only 1z to find- in this game.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
There are rants in "I have no one to play online with" fashion on SRK, Heavenly Spirits, and GameFaqs boards. It seems you guys are just scattered on different forums and dont run into each other online (or dont use it at all since "no one is playing anyway") :D

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
[Moreso, Sen has NO CHIP DAMAGE, which makes the muti-hit moves (mainly chip damage dealers in all the previous games) useless outside juggle combos. This goes for Charlotte's Splash Fount, Ukyo's Snowfall, Jubei's Eight Aspects Blast etc. So if opponent has 1 inch of life left, having those moves wont help you at all.

Wow, someone finally made another fighter where you can't tick someone whose low on life to death?!

I rathere enjoyed that about the Rival School games. Makes ya earn your wins.

Well that's one + for Sen if nothing else...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Alternatively, adding a specific counter button like The Last Blade (no tick damage on Speed mode) would make it more interesting.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow, someone finally made another fighter where you can't tick someone whose low on life to death?!

I rathere enjoyed that about the Rival School games. Makes ya earn your wins.

Well that's one + for Sen if nothing else...
So now, chipping is cheap?
:rolleyes:
Considering that Samurai Shodown had alot of moves primarily oriented to deal chip damage (I think every second character had a tool that could be used to deal more or less chip damage), having moves like Charlotte's Splash Fount or Ukyo's Snowfall dealing no chip damage is weird to say the least.

By your definition, all other games in franchise dont make players earn their wins. Bravo.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
In real life if someone hits you real hard and you block that atttack, you cant say that you sustain 0 damage, and if you used up nearly all your stamina, even a blocked hit would knock you down, thus real life is cheap as well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If it were considered cheap, it would have been banned in tournaments.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Yes chipping is cheap even in Darkstalkers and the SFA series if you chipped someone to death they called it a cheap finish.

Interesting thing about Vampire Savior was that you were awarded no points for cheap finishers.

Rather nice incentive for those who play for score.