samurai spirits zero special MVS bootleg question

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It probably plays fine but it's too much to pay for a bootleg.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I just read that the different versions only existed for the home release and that there is only one MVS version. and yet....this says "latest version" in the title. fucking ebay. I've been grinding so hard the last few months especially and I just want to spoil myself.

Qwerty 9999

Crazed MVS Addict
If you don't care about originals you should buy a multicart instead of bootlegs of single games.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
fuck a multi cart ;) I might not care about authenticity but I do care about the size of my video game shelf

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
On the mvs there is only one version, so by default that is the latest version.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
On the mvs there is only one version, so by default that is the latest version.

It's actually not, though, as the program ROMs themselves have a later version ;) The edited version of the home console. So basically, you want the "earliest-release-version" of the game.

And, yeah, way too much for a bootleg. Spend less, get a Multicart and just place a SSV5S sticker on it :D

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
In for "too expensive". at 40-50, maybe I'd wiggle but for that price and your want for single carts, you can get quite a few really good MVS titles, and not a silly boot.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
thanks for the replies guys. I think I will hold off then since I want to make sure that I get the version of this game with the least amount of censorship possible. However, I fear that I am about to make an even more frivolous purchase. A mark of the wolves mvs cart instead for 165 dollars on ebay. unless any one has any better suggestions of reputable places to buy it from for notably less. as for the multi cart stuff I think I'm a bit of a "shelf-loather".

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
thanks for the replies guys. I think I will hold off then since I want to make sure that I get the version of this game with the least amount of censorship possible. However, I fear that I am about to make an even more frivolous purchase. A mark of the wolves mvs cart instead for 165 dollars on ebay. unless any one has any better suggestions of reputable places to buy it from for notably less. as for the multi cart stuff I think I'm a bit of a "shelf-loather".

http://excellentcom.net/detail.asp?catid=48138&subcatid=46633&pdtid=307327&private=

I got a bunch of games from there, including MOTW. Protip: Don't be afraid to open the cart up and vigorously clean the pins.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
For close that price, you could get the 120 in one. It will come with SSV special and MOTW along many other good games. The only thing is that it also has a bunch of KOF hacks.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's actually not, though, as the program ROMs themselves have a later version ;) The edited version of the home console. So basically, you want the "earliest-release-version" of the game.

And, yeah, way too much for a bootleg. Spend less, get a Multicart and just place a SSV5S sticker on it :D

That's if someone actually converted a censored homecart into mvs for some reason? I had the impression that only the homecarts sent back to SNK for the change had the altered ROMs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Whoa $100+ for a MOTW cart now? Glad I got mine a while ago. I wouldn't buy a boot of any MVS title, spending $100's on a real SSVS isn't too bad of an investment, it's not likely to lose resale value.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
There are two ways to buy Neo Geo MVS carts. The first is just throwing money at the market. You'll definitely get the carts you want, and if you have the cash to burn I guess it doesn't matter either way. The second way is to be a little more patient and to hunt for the deals and those hard to find carts through contacts you make and sellers you find along the way. I always went the second route. Made contacts in Hong Kong, Japan, S. America.... Even France. They'll surprise you from time to time ;) They're not all collectors over there. You make some good contacts, you buy some carts and you put feelers out for others. I can promise you right now that within the next 6 months a MOTW will pop up in the $50 - 80 range through one of those venues. Is it really worth saving the $20-50? Nah, probably not, but as I've said many times before on these forums, a lot of times the hunt for the games is more fun than actually playing the damn things ;)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Whoa $100+ for a MOTW cart now? Glad I got mine a while ago. I wouldn't buy a boot of any MVS title, spending $100's on a real SSVS isn't too bad of an investment, it's not likely to lose resale value.

Five years ago I would have disagreed with you, but the MVS scene is definitely moving into a more guarded collectors market. There are so many things that were plentiful and cheap 5 to 10 years ago that have basically just vanished today or become surprisingly expensive. I regret selling some of my carts years ago simply because the few I want to pick up again now have proven to be a real struggle. It's only going to get worse with more time. Though, the multicarts are there for those that just want to play the games. They kind of became the MVS scene of old ;)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Five years ago I would have disagreed with you, but the MVS scene is definitely moving into a more guarded collectors market. There are so many things that were plentiful and cheap 5 to 10 years ago that have basically just vanished today or become surprisingly expensive. I regret selling some of my carts years ago simply because the few I want to pick up again now have proven to be a real struggle. It's only going to get worse with more time. Though, the multicarts are there for those that just want to play the games. They kind of became the MVS scene of old ;)

I feel your pain, I sold all my MVS gear a few years ago and only now am I trying to reclaim it. Prices have defininitely gone up.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The price guide is already out of date.

Last edited:

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
you motherfuckers.....I just bought a 120 in 1 multicart! haha. there were 2 161 in 1's for sale on ebay this morning and by the afternoon they were sold. I suppose its for the best though because now I still get to keep collecting a few more games than had I bought the 161 in 1 model. AOF3 is a must buy now at this point.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
AOF 3 is a fantastic game and cheap. Won't be a problem. I think the multicart will do wonders for you dude, it beats the shit out of emus for testing our games you don't know well. Also the hacks are kinda interesting in that hong-kong-shady kinda way. You can always buy these games legit down the road if you get the itch.

Last edited:

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
fuck I should have waited. Another 161 in 1 just popped up on ebay. oh well, patience has never been my forte. At least this means I will get to continue collecting a little more and have a more impressive looking neo shelf as a result. I need to roll on southtown and acquire some shockboxes/inserts. has any one made a custom 120-1 neo insert? or am I just going to have to do that myself lol. Art of fighting 3 is so amazing. the animation is soooo fluid and I love the necessary degree of strategy involved in playing it. I own AOF2 for my home system and I don't really like it that much. I played it for a few hours trying to get reasonable at it and I just couldn't get it down. AOF3 just feels different somehow when I play it on my friends hacked ps3. Maybe its just a little easier to pick up and play. either way, I can't wait!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hahaha this thread is hilarious!

AOF3 really is a good game but AOF2 beats it hands down when it comes to style ;)