Sega Astro City Mini

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Siliconera said:
Sega is apparently working on more than just the four different Game Gear Micro models. An interview was published, then pulled, from Game Watch on July 7, 2020 announcing the Astro City Mini. It will come to Japan in 2020 and cost ¥12,800 (~$119). [Thanks, SegaDriven and The Verge!]

Like the SNK NeoGeo Mini, it will be a miniature arcade cabinet. You can play its games on the built-in screen and or a TV if you use an HDMI cord. The controls are obviously built in, and the joystick is actually an 8-way microswitch one.

Sega’s Astro City Mini will have 36 games on it. At the moment, only 10 of them have been confirmed. As you can expect, they are all classic Sega titles.

Alien Storm
Alien Syndrome
Altered Beast
Columns II
Dark Edge
Fantasy Zone
Golden Axe
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
Tant R
Virtua Fighter
sega astro city mini

At the moment, the Sega Astro City Mini has only been “announced” via that Game Watch published, then pulled, interview in Japan. There’s no western release announcement for it or the four Game Gear Micro models. However, Sega’s official Sega Genesis Mini plug-and-play system was released worldwide in 2019. (Different regions’ versions had different game lineups.)

Link

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean, I'd like one as an ornament to put on top of my full-size Astro but I'm not spending $120 for an ornament.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I mean, I'd like one as an ornament to put on top of my full-size Astro but I'm not spending $120 for an ornament.

This is the kind of thing you buy for $20 at the drug store then forget about 15 minutes later.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Despite owning a house now with room for a cab for several years I've yet to get an astro city due to expense and a wife who would kill me (still gonna get one so if I disappear or die...) anyway this will be fun to have in the mean time

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's before your time but there hasn't been a group buy since the organizer went to jail for murder.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I can’t seem to preorder this - I have an American prime account but it doesn’t seem to let me use it...also there are multiple prices/ options to select from - how do you know which is the right one? Does one come with the extra controller? I’m doing this fro my phone....so confused...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I couldn't figure it out either, lol.