Sega CD ...what a beast.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
One thing I like about the sega cd is it plays burns.

So if you get some import CDs, you can just reburn them with the USA country code and play them without a japanese cd unit.

Fuck, im gonna drag mine out right now and play through robo aleste again.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
I still love how the Sega CD 1 unit lights up. Aesthetically, by far the coolest console out there.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
If any of you guys wanna get into sega cd, i put my unit for sale in everything else.

I just don't play it enough to keep it around.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
DurandalThoth said:
If any of you guys wanna get into sega cd, i put my unit for sale in everything else.

I just don't play it enough to keep it around.

lol Robo Aleste didn't last long, huh? :lolz:

Just look at the ava for the one and only reason to own a SCD. ;)

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Rade said:
I can do a svid mod for you for a song if you want. PM me and we can talk, Dark Penguin.

Anyways, I have a Gen1/Sega CD 1 combo as a primary genesis system and a X'eye for a backup and imports (no need to shave away plastic on those cart ports.

Anyways, what's cool about the X'eye is that it comes with composite video and audio jacks as standard and the picture looks pretty good. I modded it for svideo as well, but the difference isn't that major.

RF is definitely a waste of time though.

DP, you could probably even mod your genesis on your own - its damn easy and cheap.

I'm going to look into doing the s-vid mod myself, but I appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind if I find it's beyond my level of patience/expertise.

I figured out why the Sega CD/Genesis setup requires two separate AC adaptors...it's obviously necessary to supply enough power for the blast processing :lolz:
Anyway, yea...Snatcher is a killer app, but Lunar I and II are amazing. Even though they've been ported, I still love the Sega CD versions because that was my first introduction to the series. I'm planning to pull an all-nighter on the first Lunar tonight...just like back in the day.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't forget Popful Mail (especially you, Falcom fanboy, DP)

R

dark penguin

Rade said:
Don't forget Popful Mail (especially you, Falcom fanboy, DP)

R

Yea, I have the PCE version of it. It's great...I'll probably give the Sega CD version a shot now, too. It shouldn't take me too long to plow through Lunar, anyhow.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I remember getting a SCD2 as a H.S. graduation present from my Dad. Still have the box for it. Lost Sewer Shark though.

Those SCD games go for a ton these days.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
always wanted to play that dragon's lair-esque game, revenge of the ninja or something

and uh how was afterburner?

and oh, WILD WOODY

dark penguin

Let's not forget Lords of Thunder and Final Fight CD.

I'll be getting both of those when I get a chance.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't get the big deal with Lords of Thunder.

Maybe I should play it on the Turbo?

dark penguin

Rade said:
I don't get the big deal with Lords of Thunder.

Maybe I should play it on the Turbo?

I believe the Turbo/Sega CD versions are pretty similar. I was always a big fan of the Sidearms/Forgotten worlds type of game, so I've spent many hours playing Lords of Thunder on the Duo/PCE. This site details the differences, which are mostly just cosmetic:

http://www.sega-16.com/Side By Side- Lords of Thunder.php

If you didn't like the Sega CD one, the Duo one is pretty much the same deal.