senko no ronde out 22 may in the u.s

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
The official US name is "War Tech: Senko no Rondo"??

How fucking lame. Senko no ronde literally means Dance of optical rotation, that would have made a cooler name.

War Tech? sounds like a game that's just begging to be a failure in sales. "Rondo" is technically the proper english character spelling instead instead of Ronde, but the deed's been done and I'm too used to it being spelled "Ronde".

And yes, if they make Cuilan a girl or a robot with no gender that will be lame.

Edit: For the record, this is still the best Xbox360 game so far IMO. However, just like any very good arcade style game stupid Americans won't appreciate it.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's great to see that the game will be coming out in America...even with a lame ass name like "War Tech". I think I'll end up buying the game before I get my 360 so if it becomes rare, I won't miss out on owning a copy of it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
It's great to see that the game will be coming out in America...even with a lame ass name like "War Tech". I think I'll end up buying the game before I get my 360 so if it becomes rare, I won't miss out on owning a copy of it.

Expect it to go the way of the dinosaur, just like Ikaruga and Marvel vs Capcom 2. If people ever learn to appreciate it years down the road, I'm sure it will be a gem.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm glad this games gets released outside of Japan, let's see if it' comes to Europe. I don't care about the name "change" as long as the game is intact.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
wow

I guess I'm going to put Forza on the backburner

I can't wait for this actually

I think I'm preordering

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I didn't even know what this game was until I heard it was getting a US release.

Just don't really pay attention to Import stuff anymore, so...

Looks interesting though, so I'll be picking it up.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:

How fucking lame. Senko no ronde literally means Dance of optical rotation, that would have made a cooler name.

War Tech? sounds like a game that's just begging to be a failure in sales. "Rondo" is technically the proper english character spelling instead instead of Ronde, but the deed's been done and I'm too used to it being spelled "Ronde".

And yes, if they make Cuilan a girl or a robot with no gender that will be lame.

Edit: For the record, this is still the best Xbox360 game so far IMO. However, just like any very good arcade style game stupid Americans won't appreciate it.

I don't think the average consumer is going to concern themselves with the spelling of Rondo/Ronde nor the meaning of the word/phrase.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
ResOGlas said:

I still think it beats "Mobile Light Force".
I'm just thankful this and Sylpheed are coming here.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
war tech. lol

i realize theres pretty much no amount of marketing you can do to make it sell like halo, but tacking on a generic name is only going to make it worse.

reminds me of earth defense force.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Great news. I can't wait for this game, regardless of what they do to the name :p

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hentai Sama said:
I bet they're going to change Cuilan's gender. :oh_no:

I hope not. For the sake of your Avatar, they were nice enough to *not* change the gender for that one. Maybe they'll be just as nice and keep this one's gender similar.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
ResOGlas said:
Expect it to go the way of the dinosaur, just like Ikaruga and Marvel vs Capcom 2. If people ever learn to appreciate it years down the road, I'm sure it will be a gem.

Yup. Then I'm going to end up ordering it and I'll have it before I get the system. I just want to make sure I get this and a good Arcade stick before I get a 360. Don't think I'll have to worry much about getting a copy of Virtua Fighter 5, I'll just pick that up when I get my system.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
war tech. lol

i realize theres pretty much no amount of marketing you can do to make it sell like halo, but tacking on a generic name is only going to make it worse.

reminds me of earth defense force.

earth defence force is a translation of the japanese name, not a tacked on one.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
earth defence force is a translation of the japanese name, not a tacked on one.

still comes off as a bit cheesey. :emb:

resoglas said:

nice use of babel fish.

i think it means dance of eternity.

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
this game aint as all cracked up as it suppose to be..the game gets kinda boring quick via single player..the boss is extremely challenging but its a fresh new genre for the 360 so i support it..worth 40..not 60..the online play is half way decent ..thats if you dont midn getting p'wned by japanese players

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
"Dance of optical rotation" would have been a horrible name IMO.

And if you want to see funny title translations, just look at how are most USA movies titled in Spain :loco:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Any bitch around here interested in a deal of buying it and send it to me? I can pay through Paypal.

i'm all about sylpheed, too.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
This is the first I have heard of this game. Any multi-player?

Kiken

Camel Slug
wartechsnr.jpg

The PAL cover is pretty close to this... just that everything is blue.