SHANK - new beat'em up

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here, Pretty solid beat'em up. Enjoyed the boss battle with the wrestler.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Seemed like nothing special to me. A decent game is a decent game, but I have better things to do with my time.

If it goes on sale some time, I might pick it up, but until then it's a pass for me.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Radovan Karadžić;3051073 said:
but I have better things to do with my time.

Judging from all the cheap shots you make at me, I doubt it.

Isn't this one a beefy 2Gig? I'll pass too. I'd probably spend more time DLing it than playing it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue

Isn't this one a beefy 2Gig? I'll pass too. I'd probably spend more time DLing it than playing it.

I would argue it's not a cheap shot when you're leaning that far into the strike zone. Besides, Average Joe and ratson have been giving you a much harder time lately. Go complain to them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

You can just download it at night, you know. The auto download feature on the 360 is really nice.

Thats how I DL'ed the game along with a bunch of other large XBL demos/XBLA games.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Downloaded it last night, beat it, and wound up at #80 on the leaderboards for time. But at the time I looked there were only around 2000 people total on the leaderboards. I'm sure by tomorrow I will be around #2000 once others beat it.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I played the demo, and later the full version at my brother in law's. The game's pretty underwhelming. It's got a lot of style, but not much substance. It felt like something I'd play on newgrounds for free.

All the combos on the scrub enemies feel the same and pretty gratuitous, and the boss fights were pretty straightforward. It was decent enough for a play through, but with all the great games hitting arcade recently it stands out as being a poor value. It's not very deep or challenging at all combat wise. If you're going to make a game take less time to beat than it takes for me to go to and watch a movie it should probably have some replay value or at least be a greater challenge than memorizing boss patterns. The extremely short co-op was a let down too.

What's with game studios not doing online co-op in beat-em-ups? Castle Crashers did that shit properly years ago.

Oh, I think I'll be hearing that annoying slash sound effect in my sleep for weeks.

Last edited: