Shantae HD Kickstarter project

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have specifically mentioned GOG and the Humble Bundles to them and have not had a response.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've always liked the series, and WayForward's body of work by and large, so I'll send some monies their way.

Honestly though, it feels like it's been quite a long time since the new one on 3DS was supposed to come out and that's the one I have been really looking forward to (...wayforward...:D anyone?). I read about it's supposed 'imminent release' way back in Nintendo Power.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Don't forget that Risky's Revenge is what happened as DSI ware because it didn't make it through development/publishing over the course of the GBA generation, THEN was going to be episodic, THEN got an actual release.

Shantae games (excluding the original) are on a release schedule akin to Zelda games or Blizzard releases. Oh, they'll happen...just not when you expect them to.

Also, I'm definitely in. Wayforward makes great original releases, decent licensed stuff and the road to each new release is paved with passable shovelware. They have yet to let me down with a Shantae title.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
High definition hand-drawn games like this are exactly the type of thing I can't get enough of. This is the first Kickstarter I've backed.

Shantae on the GBC was a great game. Sadly I sold my complete copy a couple years ago after finding out how much they were going for on eBay. I think it went for over $400, pretty insane!