Shikigami no Shiro II

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Shikigami no Shiro II on the DC, I don't get it. It feels really uninvolving and the various characters abilities seem pretty pointless past level one. What am I missing?

ray_7

You're not missing much.

Aside from the pretty graphics and all, this game is pretty much pointless. IMHO it wouldn't even fair with oldies like Raiden 3.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I never understood the goal in the game. Seems awfully pointless not to shoot in a shmup to get through the game... I got it on PS2 US and I almost never played it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Wow, thats harsh. I guess some people get it and some people dont.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about this title too. I really like the characters design, but the gameplay is not as good as other shooters..

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I think it's worth the purchase on PS2. I mean $10 new, it's a good deal.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
not on my favs list

I'd sell my copy if I didn't buy it for 10 bucks

Ramus

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Shiki's not bad. It's all about risk vs. reward. If you don't play with the intent of grazing bullets for score, then the game play gets boring fast. Better than Chaos Field, eh guys? ;)

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Hmmm, I didn't it rewarded you for grazing beyond getting what I assumed were more powerful red bullets.

I quite like Psarvaryer 2, but that is at least in part because it's really clear about how well you're grazing, I didn't notice any of that sort of feedback on SnSII. I'll give it another go.

kubrick

Stakes Winner
You get the more poweful shots for grazing bullets closely, plus a x8 score multiplier for each kill.

I really like the game.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not only does Grazing give you points, It gives you a much more powerfll shot...

Especially when you play with the swords dude.

The other thing that's cool about Shikigame is the differences in the Charecters. Thier abilities make for different strategy and whatnot..

Really ups the replay value.

J

jpj

i actually enjoy this, and is one of the better post-ikaruga DC titles (why on earth play ps2!?).

the points you get from enemies go up to x8 value if you're grazing very close to bullets. the tetris-style 3-1 boss is cool. and generally i think it's a good game. especially with kuga, going for a 1cc. you pretty much just hold down A, and graze/dodge bullets. starts easy. becomes nails.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
"Mobile Light Force" - Gunbird

"Mobile Light Force 2" - Shikigami no Shiro 2 :kekeke:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
jpj said:
i actually enjoy this, and is one of the better post-ikaruga DC titles (why on earth play ps2!?).

$10 vs $50

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
You mean $10 vs. "Right Click - Save as" :kekeke:

That said, I don't enjoy Shikigami no Shiro 2.

Yeah your right....

Plus, I've tog the Equipment to TATE out a DC, but not a PSII.

William_Hung

Crazed MVS Addict
If I hate the Gunbird series with a passion, will I hate SNS2?

It's the only post death DC shmup title I need. That might be the only reason I might buy it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I don't really like gunbird that much either, but I really like Shiki 2 though. They don't really seem very similar to me except that they were both made into mobile lightforce games that I've never played.

You may feel differently however.

I like the scoring system in Shiki where you get more points the closer you are to danger, and you get all the coins sucked directly into your character if you kill the enemy with a hold down attack meaning you get really different scores depending on how you play the game.

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Shikigami no shiro 1 was just alright, but 2 is an AMAZING shooter!!!!! The bullet patterns are great, and the reward system is great. It's a classic. I don't like the character art or the all the dumb conversations.

Had the chance to play Shikigami no Shiro 3 in the arcade the other day. It's great. It's slightly better than two.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
William_Hung said:
If I hate the Gunbird series with a passion, will I hate SNS2?

Two totally different styles of shmups...give it a go, anyways. I actually like the SNS series so far, SNS3 doesn't look too hot right now but I've got some hope for it.

Also, for those complaining about not shooting, it's not forcing you to not shoot. Play it that way if you please.

William_Hung

Crazed MVS Addict
Ok, i'm getting it. Does the L.E version come in a double case like Border Down L.E?