Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
As promised, the neo geo gets some love for the midsummer nights.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I love viewpoint, it's a one of a kind jewel. A true original, creative work of art. oh and it's fun too.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Cool, MVS month. I have Blazing Star and Strikers (my PS1 version of Viewpoint doesn't count, lol). I have the most experience with Strikers, although that was a really long time ago.

Speaking of Viewpoint, that game lives up to the name and messes with my head so much. For example, my brain wants to push left to move the ship left relative to the direction it's facing: that is, push left to move up-left relative to the screen. Did Zaxxon play that way? Maybe that would explain it. I wonder if I would do better if I rotate the joystick a bit and play Q*Bert style.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cool, MVS month. I have Blazing Star and Strikers (my PS1 version of Viewpoint doesn't count, lol). I have the most experience with Strikers, although that was a really long time ago.

Speaking of Viewpoint, that game lives up to the name and messes with my head so much. For example, my brain wants to push left to move the ship left relative to the direction it's facing: that is, push left to move up-left relative to the screen. Did Zaxxon play that way? Maybe that would explain it. I wonder if I would do better if I rotate the joystick a bit and play Q*Bert style.

Yes Zaxxon does play that way, that's one of the reasons I like VP so much. Music is stunning in VP too, some of the best on the Neo.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
All are compelling reasons for Viewpoint easily beating out the competition for next month! Come on guys, vote with your hearts...vote smart...vote VIEWPOINT :D

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Just played VP last night... and had my ass handed to me once again. And once again, I enjoyed it.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I never participated before because i'm just to bad at shmups.
But since this time i own 2 of the 3 games proposed (Blazing and Strikers) i might give it a ago just to see how many light years i am from you guys.

BONUS!!!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
NyOuBN8.jpg

1mAFJUql.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

nice that all the games in the poll are on the multicart, if we were doing twinkle star or ghost pilots, I'd have to rahmboxx it.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Oh man, I'm really torn between Blazing Star and Viewpoint.:conf:

I was thinking the same, lol...

Don't get me wrong, I love strikers, but I think BS and especially VP make you pull your skillz out, a wiggle them all around..

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
I ended up going with Viewpoint, but I won't be disappointed if Blazing Star wins. Viewpoint has an old-school charm that's really cool even though it's tough as nails. Nice selection of games SNKorSWM.

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I actually own all, but Viewpoint. However, my choice was really hard between Blazing Star and Viewpoint. If this was on the best/unique shmup this would have been Viewpoint, no contest.

However, I went with Blazing star just for the SFX and the various weapons :D

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Man, if Strikers can't win, then I'd like to change my vote to BS. :D

BONUS!!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Just a reminder that it's not just a popularity vote, but you are actually expected to play and post scores too! :hammer:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I voted for Strikers - It's been a while since I've played any of those but I remember how absolutely frustrating Viewpoint can get. I think I've only seen the 3rd stage 3 or 4 times in my life, lol!

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

nice that all the games in the poll are on the multicart, if we were doing twinkle star or ghost pilots, I'd have to rahmboxx it.

Of all the arcade games, carts and PCB's I've owned in my life.... this and the Last Blade 2 openings are my absolute favorites. Still an amazing little piece.