Should PS3 sales be allowed in the selling forums?

PS3 sales on the selling forums during launch shortage

• Yes

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
norton9478 said:
That is already against the official forum rules.

I know it as much as we know that rule and most of the others are never enforced. There's actually already been sales of pre-ordered PS3s here, but meh.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I say no.

This website isn't a free country - and why should it support that kind of bullshit?

It's a liability, and will create more bullshit for Shawn to deal with because you know scammers will be here trying to fuck people.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I figure that if I wanted to, I could take this forum for about 10 grand in one week....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I say no only because I don't want to see people get ripped off over a PS3. At least with Neo Geo games you know what the market price should be.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I say yeah, let people sell em. I can't see any reason why they should be forbidden here. I also want to say that the prices people are willing to pay for them are a bit rediculous. Well over a g for a playstation?????? C'mon, it'll be back to retail price in a few months, have patience.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I figure that if I wanted to, I could take this forum for about 10 grand in one week....

Yeah but why cash in all at once when you can continue to milk it week after week?
Rapist.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I say no only because I don't want to see people get ripped off over a PS3. At least with Neo Geo games you know what the market price should be.

Neo Geo Games at the old market prices were rip offs.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I dont see why people with an established trading history shouldnt be able to. I already promised 1of the 2 PS3's I'm getting to a member here. Aside the fact that I've seen people sell high dollar items here frequently. That being said I would also say that I tend to sell things here cheaper than I would on Ebay as I think most do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

Really? That's very interesting because you could still sell many of those games at or higher than what you paid for them. Even the system price has been stable for 6 years. 15 years after being release, not many systems can boast the same price levels period. Collectibility is the reason. PS3 systems are not collectibles. They're hype-fads, and in a year you'll be able to buy one at half its launch price. A few years after, $100.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:

Nope.

At the time, they were a premium product at a premium price.

Now, they are collector's items that have in many cases actually appreciated in value, which is a rare occurrence for games, and a total non-occurrence for standard-release console systems.

In all likelihood, people who buy an inflated PS 3 will see the same thing (except bug-free) for about a third of what they paid in less than a year's time.

Granted it's their choice, but n-g.com doesn't have to (and in my opinion, shouldn't) support this nonsense.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
kernow said:
in my opinion, all ps3 selling posts that are doing it just to make money, should be deleted.

Isn't that why you sell anything? Are you saying unless someone "needs" the money for a new kidney or something its out of line? If someone has a PS3 in their posession, is an established member with some feedback, it shouldn't matter why he's selling it.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
sure it should

he's cashing in on the fact someone will buy it off him for $800 more than he paid or something.

everyone who's doing it , I can't blame you per say, but christ, get a life.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Weevus said:
Isn't that why you sell anything? Are you saying unless someone "needs" the money for a new kidney or something its out of line? If someone has a PS3 in their posession, is an established member with some feedback, it shouldn't matter why he's selling it.

No, as I explained in my previous posts, the difference is that people are buying them for an immediate resale for a 100% sure profit. That's "buying them to make money".

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I voted 'no' for two reasons.

The first is the fact that the stores that are selling the PS3 are not making a single cent on any PS3 they sell. None. There is no profit whatsoever for the store when they sell a PS3 (and as a result they lose money, because of the shipping costs and the payroll for the people who are actualy selling things), so why should people who are buying them to resell make any money on them?

Second, the PS3 is an overrated piece of crap, that is in no way, shape or form, worth the $600 Sony expects people to pay for it. There is exactly one title coming out for it in the next six months that is both (a) not a port and (b) doesn't suck big floppy donkey dick. (Although I'll be fair and say the 360 had that as well it's first six months, too)

I own a PSP and a PS2, so please don't say I'm a Sony hater - and I don't own a 360, either.

While the retards are trying to gouge money from other retards with PS3, I'll be at home with my Wii using it for what it's meant for. PLAYING GAMES.

(PS My store got it's Wii demo unit yesterday, and ExciteTruck is _really_ fun, even if half the race was me running into trees!)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Lime2K said:
I voted 'no' for two reasons.

The first is the fact that the stores that are selling the PS3 are not making a single cent on any PS3 they sell. None. There is no profit whatsoever for the store when they sell a PS3 (and as a result they lose money, because of the shipping costs and the payroll for the people who are actualy selling things), so why should people who are buying them to resell make any money on them?

Second, the PS3 is an overrated piece of crap, that is in no way, shape or form, worth the $600 Sony expects people to pay for it. There is exactly one title coming out for it in the next six months that is both (a) not a port and (b) doesn't suck big floppy donkey dick. (Although I'll be fair and say the 360 had that as well it's first six months, too)

I own a PSP and a PS2, so please don't say I'm a Sony hater - and I don't own a 360, either.

While the retards are trying to gouge money from other retards with PS3, I'll be at home with my Wii using it for what it's meant for. PLAYING GAMES.

(PS My store got it's Wii demo unit yesterday, and ExciteTruck is _really_ fun, even if half the race was me running into trees!)

I played Excite Truck and was horrible too.:lolz: I'm sure if I played it a little longer I would have gotten the hang of it. I like how there's a speaker on the controller.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Amano Jacu said:
Well, if I was Shawn I'd ask for at least 10% of the net profit on each sale. Yes, I know more expensive items have been sold here, but in this case the effort/risk/time ratio of the operation is ridiculous).

That's a tad extreme. Sales of the PS3 from legitimate sellers are welcome, and commission free as usual.

Amano Jacu said:
Oh, and also I wouldn't allow sales of pre-orders, just the ones that actually have it in their possession, no matter how guaranteed you have it, you never can be sure enough until it's in your hands.

Agreed. With the tight supply some retailers such as Game Stop won't be able to fulfill all of their preorders. Best to wait until system is in hand before listing, or at the least have proof of your preorder and a solid confirmation of ample stock from your source (an active tracking number would suffice from sources like Amazon or Wal-Mart).

Personally, I'd love to have a Blu-Ray player, but I'm waiting for the Pioneer Elite that outputs 1080p/24hz. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about new PS3's freezing up, it only does 1080p/60hz, is in short supply, and none of the current games catch my eye.

Still, it has HDMI 1.3 and only requires a whopping 14 second boot to load time for playing Blu-Ray movies! wow (as in "that's really awesome", not that other wow of which we do not speak)

Good luck to those in line or are online and want a PS3.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Shawn said:
Agreed. With the tight supply some retailers such as Game Stop won't be able to fulfill all of their preorders. Best to wait until system is in hand before listing, or at the least have proof of your preorder and a solid confirmation of ample stock from your source (an active tracking number would suffice from sources like Amazon or Wal-Mart).

Personally, I'd love to have a Blu-Ray player, but I'm waiting for the Pioneer Elite that outputs 1080p/24hz. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about new PS3's freezing up, it only does 1080p/60hz, is in short supply, and none of the current games catch my eye.

Still, it has HDMI 1.3 and only requires a whopping 14 second boot to load time for playing Blu-Ray movies! wow (as in "that's really awesome", not that other wow of which we do not speak)

Good luck to those in line or are online and want a PS3.

I'll have pics up tomorrow. I didn't list mine until after I'd gotten the confirmation call this call this week once the bad news about the EB/GameStop allocation cut filtered out.

I've been here a long time, and definitely am not interested in making my name mud with anyone here. I prebooked this thing with VF5 in the back of my head, but the price inflation and stupid incompatibility with my older CRT HDTV (1080i) have combined to make it irresistable to dump. I'd honestly rather be all stoked about playing it tomorrow like the thousands of people camping out tonight (the ones who arent selling theirs).

I wonder how many Shawn posts we'll see after the WoW expansion drops...hehehe.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
You can't ban the selling threads but it is a fucking joke though. Had these systems actually been sold to gamers with enough cash to buy it and actually play it, there would not be quite the shortage their is now. The average Joe doesn't have $600 laying around to drop on a system this expensive, but when you're guaranteed to get that money back and then some, people with no money have no problem charging it when they know they can pay the bill off as soon as they get it. Fuckin greedy bastards make the shortages all themselves. Not one jackass talked to in line was buying one for any reason other than to list on eBay...That is some serious bullshit IMHO...:mad: