SNK vs. Capcom - Card Fighters Clash Question

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Been playing this one for nearly three weeks and have pretty much collected every card and coin. I'm seeing some characters in the game state that some cards are impossible to get unless you play in Vs. mode or trade for them.

My question is... how many cards out of the 300 that you can get WITHOUT doing this? Strictly playing the CPU, I've managed 249 out of 300. And there's no person near me who has a NGPC & Card Fighters to play against. Should I just stop playing now and go back to Gals Fighters? :)

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
There are Four cards total that you can only get by linking up.

Two are recieved randomly through VS. Battle (I cant rememer which)

The other two are recieved when you trade Akuma for Athena (S) [I think its S anyway, It might be A, its the rarer one]

When you trade those cards you get Zero Akuma and the last Athena variation.

Those are the only four.

There are also the few exclusive cards per each game. The only one that sticks out in my mind is Mech Zangief.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Thanks for the info, guys! I guess this means I should continue playing. Although it does get a little monotonous trying to find some of the last remaining cards, when you get so many duplicates. I have about 15 copies of certain Magic Cards! LOL!!

When I bought both versions of the Card Fighter's games, I got one in English and the other in Japanese. It's strange, but I was expecting the Japanese cart to play in "English Mode" with regular text, but all of the characters appear in Japanese even though I have a US version of the NGPC! Was this an oversight, or did SNK purposely try to make these games different?

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
VinylBoy said:
Thanks for the info, guys! I guess this means I should continue playing. Although it does get a little monotonous trying to find some of the last remaining cards, when you get so many duplicates. I have about 15 copies of certain Magic Cards! LOL!!

When I bought both versions of the Card Fighter's games, I got one in English and the other in Japanese. It's strange, but I was expecting the Japanese cart to play in "English Mode" with regular text, but all of the characters appear in Japanese even though I have a US version of the NGPC! Was this an oversight, or did SNK purposely try to make these games different?

And you'll keep getting copies of those same cards. I easily have 40 or 50 of some of the same cards.

Games like CFC with massive amounts of text will only display text in the cart's country of origin, no matter the language you have set on your NGPC. No oversight, just the way it is. If you can't read Japanese make sure you don't buy a Japanese Faselei or Evolution either, for starters.

Graymalkin

New Challenger
Also, like all games of this ilk, you'll spend ages looking for one particular card, and rejoice when you obtain it. Then you'll get three or four more with no trouble whatsoever. And if you replay it, it'll be a whole new set of cards you have trouble getting.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
KaedesDisciple said:
And you'll keep getting copies of those same cards. I easily have 40 or 50 of some of the same cards.

Games like CFC with massive amounts of text will only display text in the cart's country of origin, no matter the language you have set on your NGPC. No oversight, just the way it is. If you can't read Japanese make sure you don't buy a Japanese Faselei or Evolution either, for starters.

Damn Falselei Jap cart. Worst $2 ive ever spent.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
KaedesDisciple said:

I too have fallen due to this.

I got a JPN copy of CFC and it's all in gibberish. I can't figure out how to play it. :crying:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I got about 289 in about 22 hours. I have played the game about 4 times over though and know all the tricks.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Magnaflux said:
I too have fallen due to this.

I got a JPN copy of CFC and it's all in gibberish. I can't figure out how to play it. :crying:

That has now been fixed buddy ;) You have an English SNK version sitting at my house now. As well as your other B-Day present that arrived oh so late. You will enjoy both very much I'm sure :)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
That has now been fixed buddy ;) You have an English SNK version sitting at my house now. As well as your other B-Day present that arrived oh so late. You will enjoy both very much I'm sure :)

:buttrock: