So.. this is kinda cool, customizable 161 carts... (bye bye darksoft and NeoSD?)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
One of the guys (rewrite) on A-P is offering to modify carts for a decent-ish price.

To be fair this seems to be a lot of work and soldering, so I cant complain too much about the price. But they also modified the carts to have more memory (I think someone already mentioned this) so it can fit the entire Neo library in there, not counting the shit games like Mahjong.

Ive signed up for one MVS copy. Ive got two V3 carts, one to sac and one to donate and knock off a little $$ off the top.

Drawbacks:

If you like shit like mahjong - tough titties
No PickNMix
No "slots" like the NeoSD/Darksoft
As far as I know, no in-game restart. I think even restarting using the UniBIOS will just boot back to the game you loaded. (I could be mistaken).

Pros:

No hacks, all original games and evidently the Garou version will be the final version that doesn't crash because of one of the Kaphwan kids' supers.
Significantly cheaper than a NeoSD or Darksoft Multi
Better main menu screen. Currently I think there are two versions of the menu being created but I could be mistaken here also.

Rewrite's already about 50 orders deep and this will take a little while, so if you want one now would be the time to get in on it for the first 'wave' of these things.

darknezz19

n00b
The 138 in 1 is not the final version of MOTW. It's an old patched version from neoragex it would seem, before emulators supported it's custom mapper used in the final version romset. It does have the freeze patched, as well as the title screen resembling that of the final, but there are no endings unfortunately.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
The 138 in 1 is not the final version of MOTW. It's an old patched version from neoragex it would seem, before emulators supported its custom mapper used in the final version romset. It does have the freeze patched, as well as the title screen resembling that of the final, but there are no endings unfortunately.
Who said anything about the 138 in 1?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
One of the guys (rewrite) on A-P is offering to modify carts for a decent-ish price.

To be fair this seems to be a lot of work and soldering, so I cant complain too much about the price. But they also modified the carts to have more memory (I think someone already mentioned this) so it can fit the entire Neo library in there, not counting the shit games like Mahjong.

Ive signed up for one MVS copy. Ive got two V3 carts, one to sac and one to donate and knock off a little $$ off the top.

Drawbacks:

If you like shit like mahjong - tough titties
No PickNMix
No "slots" like the NeoSD/Darksoft
As far as I know, no in-game restart. I think even restarting using the UniBIOS will just boot back to the game you loaded. (I could be mistaken).

Pros:

No hacks, all original games and evidently the Garou version will be the final version that doesn't crash because of one of the Kaphwan kids' supers.
Significantly cheaper than a NeoSD or Darksoft Multi
Better main menu screen. Currently I think there are two versions of the menu being created but I could be mistaken here also.

Rewrite's already about 50 orders deep and this will take a little while, so if you want one now would be the time to get in on it for the first 'wave' of these things.
What's the price?

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Sucks you have to be apart of AP to get in on this. Would be nice if he offered them here as well.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Sucks you have to be apart of AP to get in on this. Would be nice if he offered them here as well.
Yeah Tw3ek is right, he started a thread at KLOV.

You could just sign up for A-P? Far as I know its a simple process and they dont charge. I recent found out that KLOV charges now, wtf. I used to have an account there but havent signed in in forever, and it was an old username I never use anymore. If I wanted to rejoin as DD I'd have to pay, just to hear a bunch of old heads complain that Pac-Man is the end-all-be-all of the arcade scene?

Nah dude. Nah.