SOLD! FS: Sega Naomi GD-ROM complete setup, PICS!

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
EDIT: SOLD! to Fubarduck

Trying to sell a complete Naomi GD-ROM setup, all mounted to a slide board that should fit in most Candy cabs. Tested and working w/ Sega baseball GD title (forget the name). Very nice unit w/ power supply, transformer, JAMMA I/O, Naomi board, DIMM, GD-ROM drive, and cables. If your JAMMA cab has a standard 3-pin .093(?) pitch molex connector going to your switcher it should be completely plug-and-play, just swap the cable to the Naomi rig and go.

Can take pics for serious buyers, but waiting for a new camera cable at the moment. (will not sell before taking pics btw, I insist that you know exactly what you're buying and see it working first). USA buyers only.

$450 shipped. May take OBO, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind keeping the unit to play MvC2 or SvC2 later, but could use some cash more.

Thanks! :mr_t:

DSCF0027.JPG

DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

Last edited:

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
PS if the price is outrageous or something I apologize. I did a very small amount of research before picking a price, but not much.

And I might also be willing to entertain trade offers. But probably only for classic arcade games w/ locals...

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
450 is a steal of a deal.. the fecking thing probably cost like $50+ to shipped:cool:

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks. I priced it at $450 assuming it would cost that much. I figured $100 for I/O + $100 for Naomi + $100 for GD + $100 for the other parts would be a decent price.

koopakid

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have the control panel by any chance? BTW i bought stuff from kspiff over at KLOV before and he is a good seller.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Bibliophile said:
Is it a Sega I/O or a Capcom I/O?
probably sega i/o cause of the 3v... ps capcom i/o is not fully compatible with the gdrom cause it don't have a 3v so the gd will cut out and restarts:cool:

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It's a Sega I/O, rev. 1. The label says SP5002-A.

I'm pretty sure it's the type that does NOT require counters to be hooked up, but I could be wrong on that.

M

Mayhem SWE

racecar said:
probably sega i/o cause of the 3v... ps capcom i/o is not fully compatible with the gdrom cause it don't have a 3v so the gd will cut out and restarts:cool:
Totally wrong. The big selling point for the Capcom I/O is after-all the built-in stepdown converter providing 3.3 VDC without the need for a separate JVS PSU.

No, the reason you normally can't run a GD-ROM setup through a Capcom I/O is because it is capped at a power level suitable for a lone motherboard but not enough to also handle a GD-ROM drive. Not much of a problem though, as the drive only requires 5/12 VDC one could easily power it directly from the PSU of any standard JAMMA cabinet.

Last edited:
M

Mayhem SWE

kspiff said:
I'm pretty sure it's the type that does NOT require counters to be hooked up, but I could be wrong on that.
AFAIK all Sega I/O boards require being wired to a coin counter or that you fake one, say by wiring +5 VDC through a 100 Ohm resistor to the coin counter pins. Possibly your I/O board has already been modified in this way...?

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That or the coin mechs in my machine are wired and I don't realize it (there are mechs present, I just don't recall every hearing them increment when inserting coins). I can look into that, but no real reason to right now since nobody has indicated any interest yet (well, OK, I got one offer for the GD unit only, but I'm not really looking to break up the set).

LOL and I finally got my ship notice on the camera cable I've been waiting for today... even though my e-check cleared several days ago. Yeesh. :oh_no:

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
BUMP. Anybody want to make a slightly lower offer? I'm probably going to be picking up a Sinistar cockpit and a Baby Pac-Man soon and could use the cash. :mr_t:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
lemme know if you'd be interested in breaking it up.

i really need a working dimm.

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Sorry. I already had a similar offer, but if I had to break it up I would prefer to just keep it.

Nobody wants to just pick-a-part and sell the rest off themselves on eBay? I don't have any credit cards so I can't really sell on eBay anymore.

pcc08

n00b
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bump for an awesome seller. I've dealt with him in the past and he is top notch. I'd be all over this if I knew what I was doing hooking it all up.

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
BUMP and replied to PMs. I've got a couple of people interested now, but nobody has totally committed or paid yet so it's still available until I finalize something with somebody.

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
BUMP for pics.

EDIT: Uh... sorry for bumping twice in a day, I just noticed that... :crying:

Also I have a couple of interested parties, just no money yet LOL. :mr_t: Seeing how things go.

EDIT2: Time to plug my bootleg Ninja Kid II PCB back in. :lolz:

Last edited: