Some good B horror movies

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Wes Craven's Swamp Thing adaptation is classic, campy fun.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
hard to say what is B horror now. There are some great budget horror movies that dont seem B quality to me.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
hard to say what is B horror now. There are some great budget horror movies that dont seem B quality to me.

That's actually a great point. OK, so... any great recent horror movies? A, B or whatever

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There is a South African Zombie Movie called "The Dead"

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It follows had a budget of about $2,000,000. That puts in B-Movie range.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It follows had a budget of about $2,000,000. That puts in B-Movie range.
Pretty great movie, especially for the fact how recent it is. Would recommend.

"The Invitation" (2015) one was very good, the film acomplishes to keep questioning if the setting is really as creepy as you (and the protagonist) think it is. Defenetly recommend this one, more of a well done psych thing.

Also saw "In Fear" (2013) recently, and it was alright - some mind games too... the end could've been better though...

Don't watch "Howl" (2015), one of the worst Werewolf flicks I've seen. "Dark was the night" (2014) was better and has it's moments, it's an OK watch if you don't want to think, but I wouldn't recommend it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Are we talking more Modern 'B' movies? If we are then I highly recommend the films of Astron 6. Father's Day, Manborg and their latest The Editor, which is a spoof of the Italian Giallo genre. They're all great movies, which are hilarious, but also keep the tone and feel of the movies of the past they're based on.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
A Turkish film called Baskin is pretty awesome :)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah considering almost no horror movies get made in the studio system any more(unless it's a remake, found footage or a James Wan joint), pretty much anything qualifies for B-movie status these days. Last few horror movies I saw were It Follows, Babadook and Spring (which is BARELY a horror movie). All were worth watching but none were movies I'll be watching 10 and 20 years from now like Evil Dead 2 or Re-Animator or any of Cronenberg's stuff.

Speaking of which, I saw From Beyond for the first time a few weeks ago. For those not familiar, it's another Lovecraftian story from Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna who made Re-Animator. More low-budget body horror goofiness with Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton. Super dumb but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Ichi the killer is a must see. I don't know if you can classify it as a B movie thou..

61coVaqLAVL.jpg

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Aside from the horribly amazing SCFI channel original movies lineup Like: Python, Komodo, Etc. I recently watched a terrible film imo on Netflix. I would think qualifies as a B movie called: The Circle.
It's about a group of ppl abducted by a presence and unable to move from a circle lest they die and must choose every few minutes whose next to die. Baby, old lady, different racial conflicts. It's not high culture and it tries to be with messages lol but that's why it's funny and could be a B movie with some of the acting in it and small budget thanks to a clever premise at least.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Big Ass Spider. It was good and one of my 5 yods favorite movies. Enough said.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
XTRO is a good watch if you can find it, totally bonker's and definately in the b movie bracket.
It's about 1983-84 so prepare yourself for dodgy SFX no cgi and crappy acting.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Frankenstein's Army.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, I wouldn't class Ichi as a B-horror.

This on the other hand;

re_animator_poster_01.jpg