Sonic Generations

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Why are people saying Sonic 4 sucks? What are your specific complaints? I'm not saying it's an amazing return to form, but it was an objectively "good" game, as far as "objective" goes.

It seems to me like no one will ever be pleased with another Sonic game. People will always find a few dumb things to gripe about and use that to say the game sucks. Surprise: You're never going to shit a brick again like the first time you saw Sonic blazing across the screen and thought, "Damn. Mario can't do that."

Clessy

Banned
Why are people saying Sonic 4 sucks? What are your specific complaints? I'm not saying it's an amazing return to form, but it was an objectively "good" game, as far as "objective" goes.

It seems to me like no one will ever be pleased with another Sonic game. People will always find a few dumb things to gripe about and use that to say the game sucks. Surprise: You're never going to shit a brick again like the first time you saw Sonic blazing across the screen and thought, "Damn. Mario can't do that."
People seem to forget Sega has made great 2d sonic games after genesis. Sonic advance trilogy is awesome. Sonic 4 sucks because it just doesnt play right and the looks lame and uninspired.

fake

15 Year Member
People seem to forget Sega has made great 2d sonic games after genesis. Sonic advance trilogy is awesome. Sonic 4 sucks because it just doesnt play right and the looks lame and uninspired.

Those are all Dimps games. Just like Sonic 4. "Doesn't play right" isn't specific. It doesn't look lame to me - it looks like most other Sonic games. I'm not trying to be an asshole; I'm just trying to figure out why people hate a game that I thought was good.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sonic 4 to me was average at best. I still think people should check out Sonic Rush on the DS. I got the second game in the series and really liked it. Well..up to the part where you have to race on a jet-ski to get a chaos emerald and one screw up and you're done. I wish it wasn't required to get the emeralds like in the earlier Sonic games.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
19 day demo... That I didn't want to play for more than 5 minutes. LOL, Sega. Frame rate sucks, the controls lag, the game stinks. 19 day demo. LOL, Sega...

fake

15 Year Member
Character movement felt frustratingly sluggish. In a Sonic game that's criminal.

It was a little slow, but if you just double tapped a button, you'd be at full speed in a less than 2 seconds.

Alc

Rugal's Thug
I lasted about five minutes of the demo and quit in disgust. If they want my money they'll have to make a better game.

Clessy

Banned
Those are all Dimps games. Just like Sonic 4. "Doesn't play right" isn't specific. It doesn't look lame to me - it looks like most other Sonic games. I'm not trying to be an asshole; I'm just trying to figure out why people hate a game that I thought was good.

Sluggish and slow.
I dont like the whole apperance of the game and many man made free projects out class it. Sonic fan remix makes sonic 4 look like shit
Hate the game choices. This is sonic 4 not recycle shitty levels and rename them
Pricing was horrible. For a 4 stage game? It would cost $60 if they did all 4 parts like they'd intended. Thankfully the fan reception was horrible and they're not going foward.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
if that is your reason for disliking a game....

input delay for jumping, spin-dashing causes split second delays upon landing so you can't jump, invisible curved ramps in the 360 version that launch you the opposite direction you're supposed to go, springs stop all momentum gained going left and right, and you don't even have to jump on them which is LAZY, frame rate is retardedly low for a fast-paced title. I can go on if you'd like.

fake

15 Year Member
input delay for jumping, spin-dashing causes split second delays upon landing so you can't jump, invisible curved ramps in the 360 version that launch you the opposite direction you're supposed to go, springs stop all momentum gained going left and right, and you don't even have to jump on them which is LAZY, frame rate is retardedly low for a fast-paced title. I can go on if you'd like.

You know this game still has 5 or 6 months left in development, right?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I also know all too well how the minds of that company work, if the game actually gets fixed i'll shit a brick.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Thankfully the fan reception was horrible and they're not going foward.

First Sonic 4: Episode 2 details emerge News
News by Fred Dutton

First whisperings of what we can expect from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 have sprung forth from SEGA HQ.

As spotted by fan site The Sonic Stadium, brand manager Ken Balough has been answering questions in a Sonic 4 thread over on the official SEGA forum.

He hasn't given much away, other than confirming that work is underway on the sequel to last year's downloadable 2D platformer, and that SEGA is looking to improve on the original.

"SoA and SoE are both giving feedback and input on Episode II. Episode I did very well for SEGA commercially, and thanks to everyone's support, we definitely have a lot of traction going into Episode II," he wrote.

"This usually means better budgets, etc. That said – I see a lot of really great ideas going into the next installment."

"I certainly cannot deny there were some elements that could have been done better – and I could say that about most games I've worked on," he added elsewhere in the thread, addressing fan criticisms of Episode 1.

"That's why Episode II gives us that opportunity to address them (or as much as possible)."

As to when the game might be ready, Balough would only say, "You definitely wont have to wait years and years a la Duke Nukem Forever."

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The original premise of Sonic was a tech demo to showcase Sega's "blast processing" on the Genesis vs. SNES slowdown. That premise is now long obsolete.

Even on the original, I think the most fun I had was challenging each other with custom levels built using the level edit feature of the debug mode. The gameplay itself IMHO was not up to par with SMW, which was it's main competition at the time.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Sooo... the game is out in the US

Anyone tried? Reviews keep saying it's finally a good 3D sonic...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
WTF it's out? Oh bad time to come out the same week Uncharted 3........... it'll be a while before I buy it

Last edited:

Anyone

War Room Troll
I think my favorite Sonic game is Sonic Rush, and it has much more straight forward level design than the Genesis games, which if I recall was the main complaint. Played more like a fast Mario (which is just a better series to begin with).

Anyways, still going to get this, Colors was pretty wild, but these games always seem to look more fun than they actually are.

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
If anyone wants to play a slightly more recent Sonic game that is fun, best bet is pop in one of the Sonic Advanced GBA releases into a Gameboy player abled GameCube. Most fun I've had in a Sonic game since the Genesis titles. Sonic Rush while not bad, just isn't the same being on a small handheld screen.

Sonic 4 was meh, Sonic Colours wasn't terrible either, but yeah. This is a definite try demo.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
The series really hasnt been great since
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Mega_Drive_cover.jpg
its a shame really how sega has literally fucked up the sonic name, they really need to sort it out fecking bonk has more respect now then sonic