Sony TV + Supergun Probs

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
MKL said:
Then it's *very* hard to believe that a MVS with RGB scart cable gives a rolling picture on this Sony TV but works well on other two TVs, thus ruling out problems with the board or the cable themselves (loose sync wires, etc.).

It'd be interesting to see if other arcade boards or even an AES show the same problem. Do you have any means to test these?
I've been using a AES on the TV fine for ages Using a RGB scart Cable wich is why i was so shocked it didnt work ....
Also the picture is not rolling but more hopping up and down :(
Phix

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
An AES (if not modded) uses the video composite signal to sync but I doubt that can make a difference...

Try, if you can, with a supergun+arcade board that has the same vertical refresh rate as the MVS. I don't know what else to suggest.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Ok so now i havea totaly different supergun its doing the same the pic is hopping up and down and my TV is without a doubt RGB and 60Hz compatible ....
So could it be wiring in the supergun its self or even the scart lead.
Cheers Phix :D
Also just for the record it is a Widescreen TV dunno if that helps ????

Last edited:

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well it seems there is little i can do as the TV is locked to 100Hz and that is most likley causing the problems :(
Phix

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Very doubtful, I have a Sony 100Hz TV and Neo and all arcade boards work OK on it.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
MKL said:
Very doubtful, I have a Sony 100Hz TV and Neo and all arcade boards work OK on it.
Is your TV widescreen as ive been told that i may need a 75ohm resistor between pin 8 and 16 on the scart lead i really want this resolved :)
Phix

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Phix said:
Is your TV widescreen as ive been told that i may need a 75ohm resistor between pin 8 and 16 on the scart lead i really want this resolved :)
Phix

If the 5v wire coming from the DIN plug and going into the scart plug goes to pin 8 it automatically selects 16:9 mode on widescreen TVs (however this selection should be possible also with some button on the remote). Pin 16 of the scart also needs power to switch to RGB mode, so if the power wire first goes to pin 8 it needs to be daisy-chained to pin 16 through a resistor (75 or 100ohm is the same) because pin 16 requires less than 5v. But if your cable was wired like this, with no power at pin 16, then how come you're getting a picture on the other TVs you tried? Well, if you can make a pic of the inside of the scart plug...

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
MKL said:
If the 5v wire coming from the DIN plug and going into the scart plug goes to pin 8 it automatically selects 16:9 mode on widescreen TVs (however this selection should be possible also with some button on the remote). Pin 16 of the scart also needs power to switch to RGB mode, so if the power wire first goes to pin 8 it needs to be daisy-chained to pin 16 through a resistor (75 or 100ohm is the same) because pin 16 requires less than 5v. But if your cable was wired like this, with no power at pin 16, then how come you're getting a picture on the other TVs you tried? Well, if you can make a pic of the inside of the scart plug...
Yea that is a good point also i know its giving out a RGB signal as the symbol is comming up on the AV channel ....
Well im open to sugestions as i really wanna use my 32" wega :p
Phix

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bump !!
Still not working ...also tried it on a different 100hz TV and it didnt work :(

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
maybe if you trim/alter the sync waveform with an RC filter, variable resistor and a capacitor, try a pot and cap in parallel from the sync to ground, start with a 0.01 cap and 100K pot. Thats just a guesstimate

Clutching at straws here, its helped me with encoder probs (unstable sync lock) with some jamma boards via encoders. No experience with Sony though.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
ttooddddyy said:
maybe if you trim/alter the sync waveform with an RC filter, variable resistor and a capacitor, try a pot and cap in parallel from the sync to ground, start with a 0.01 cap and 100K pot. Thats just a guesstimate

Clutching at straws here, its helped me with encoder probs (unstable sync lock) with some jamma boards via encoders. No experience with Sony though.
its not just on a sony ive tried a panasonic and a toshiba all 100hz same prob :crying: