SOTM february 2015: Blazing Lazers

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 13,332,830 - ALL

Blazing Lazers score 13,332,830.png

Pacified the first boss on both level 1 and 9. Also it helps to let the various enemies that shoot missiles, or other destructible shots, to fire of a few volleys so you can destroy more of them for points. You'll also rack up more carrier points as well, thus spawning more power up carriers. I must've had at least 15 or more rainbow gels stocked up at one point.

I couldn't get the other bosses to leave, I wasn't sure if it was that you couldn't shoot them or not destroy them. One boss I dodged for like 8 full mins and he didn't leave. I just gave up and blasted him. The first boss does show up before the last one and I did it there and it still worked. I'll mess around with it some more and see if I can do it on the other bosses.

I don't think that you can pacify any of the other bosses besides the Level 1 boss. I tried it on the odd leveled bosses, all for quite a while and they never left. I tried for probably about 8-10 minutes each without firing a single shot. Also watched a 1CC LP on youtube and they only pacified the level 1 boss on level 1 and 9, no other bosses.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
No milking or pacifying, just having a bit of fun as I get better at the game.

6wfWV17YGryQMMb83PplCuTs3f5Wr.jpg

whisper2053 - 2,707,680 (is that a 6 or a 5...can't tell lol) - Stage 9

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice score Beelzebub.

My duo-r has been on since the fourth of February.

I wonder if the game ran out of eyeballs yet. Counterstop or bust, you know what I mean?

Spoiler:
Just kidding, I haven't been playing

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Took a few tries to remember the *gotcha* parts (stage 5 boss lasers, speed zone, etc). No deaths in this run, but lots of bombs and shield hits. I used shot 1 with homing most of the game.

BlazingLazers_Jeneki_13338730.jpg
Jeneki - 13,338,730 - all (no miss)

Didn't do any eyeball milking, but full firepower for most of stage 6-9 really racks up a ton of kills. *edit* Ok I read the stage 1 boss trick now, that explains the difference in lives.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Damn you! :very_ang:

Really though, that's a nice score man! :D So from what you're saying, did you not pacify the stage one boss at all on your run?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
No, I did not. Although now I need to give that a try as it sounds like a cool secret.

*edit* Holy crap that's hard to pull off without taking a hit. I'm not sure I'd want to risk the loss of firepower on stage 9.

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
New board leader !

:multi_co: Jeneki - 13,338,730 - all (no miss) :multi_co:

good work, man I have only 2 days left to 1cc this . better get on it !