SOTM January 2018: Gunlock/RayForce - Galactic Attack/Layer Section

geise

Mickey's Coach
Finally made a run. Not happy with this one. Made a lot of mistakes. Hopefully I'll have some more time to play soon.

geise - 1,549,600 -Area 5 - Saturn

galactic_attack_crappy_score.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Finally made a run. Not happy with this one. Made a lot of mistakes. Hopefully I'll have some more time to play soon.

geise - 1,549,600 -Area 5 - Saturn

Holy shit! A whole million mo than me!

Well done, any tips?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Getting better. I really like this game, its driving me to keep pushing on, similar to pulstar.
EkmQ5Q4l.jpg

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
2e4a6647ee08c80abd5bcdfac37cce33.jpg

Chosen One - 1801900 - Area 5 - Saturn

Really clean run for me up until stage 4, made some mistakes there and wimped out and took the legs off the boss. Died pretty early on 5.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
twalden - 2,056,900 - Area 5 - PCB

5th stage boss death. His spread shot is a pain to dodge with such a large ass hitbox.

rayforce1.JPG

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Oh man ... Yesterday was the first time I tried running the F3 through an OSSC. I didn't know this was so damn problematic. For a while, I thought I wasn't going to get it to work at all, not even in passthrough mode. Figured out the whole odd-odd signal business, made it work, was too tired to play and went to bed. Also, those 1 mil + scores are intimidating.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Hell yeah! Nice scores guys! Board updated. Nice to see others joining in.

Neodogg it's really memorizing patterns of enemies to utilize and max out the lock on laser. The rank plays a big part on the difficulty the longer you stay alive. There is also apparently extra points on certain bosses based off how they die. I am really not that great at this game for having it since 96. I would just play for clear and never worry about score. So, I am still learning on this game myself. I got my score from practice and playing this game over the past few decades. It is one of my favorites!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Do you guys suicide or anything like that to manage the rank?

geise

Mickey's Coach
I do not. I am not good enough for that shit haha. I need all the lives I can get.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I do not. I am not good enough for that shit haha. I need all the lives I can get.

Hahaha this. I’d think about suiciding if I wasn’t already losing lives to stupid shit anyways. Although when I do die that first time or two I like to tell myself it’s okay, I’m just dropping the rank.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Nice Kid! Next up Area 7 right? maybe an ALL? I am to busy the rest of this week with work, but maybe I can pull myself away from company this weekend and do a few runs.

BTW In regards to rank after dying, for me it doesn't seem to change the difficulty all that much.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Hmm I remember seeing an STG Weekly with Rayforce. Ah here it is, older than I thought:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Long time not around, but still on time to do my first try on this!

Atro - 00621700 - Area 3 - Saturn

Layer.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok, gonna go ahead and post this one.

4e86cb220adf8a641f8e19b143eba17f.jpg

Kidpanda - 4,016,000 - All - PCB

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Kidpanda - 4,016,000 - All - PCB

Dude ... That is bananas. Morale destroyer deployed.

On a sidenote, what boards save hi-scores? I really appreciate the fact that Neo does, but CPS 1, 2 and 3 definitely don't. F3 doesn't either. Naomi doesn't ... What's the point of Top 50 on CPS when it all goes on power-off?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

On a sidenote, what boards save hi-scores? I really appreciate the fact that Neo does, but CPS 1, 2 and 3 definitely don't. F3 doesn't either. Naomi doesn't ... What's the point of Top 50 on CPS when it all goes on power-off?

Back when arcades were around more, many machines would stay on pretty much forever.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Back when arcades were around more, many machines would stay on pretty much forever.

Not at any of the arcades I knew about. Once they closed for the day, everything was powered down. Why wouldn't it? No point in ramping up the electricity bill when no one is paying to play.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not at any of the arcades I knew about. Once they closed for the day, everything was powered down. Why wouldn't it? No point in ramping up the electricity bill when no one is paying to play.

Laundromats here have/had machines, they run 24/7

geise

Mickey's Coach
Was waiting for you to post that score after showing me earlier! Nice man! I still have yet to touch the game since I posted my score. Congrats again on the clear! Come on guys! Someone else's turn for a clear.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master

STV and the Kaneko Supernova save scores as well.

Killer clear Kid, I don’t think I’ll get there but I think I can up my score a bit.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
STV and the Kaneko Supernova save scores as well.

Killer clear Kid, I don’t think I’ll get there but I think I can up my score a bit.

If you can make it to the 7th stage with at least one man in reserve, you can pull off a clear, last boss is actually kind of easy unless you wanna try and milk all his parts off.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Yeah I cleared the game after having to use a continue just to practice so I don't count it as a clear. Yeah though, that last boss is super easy. Just getting there though...haha.