Sport hunting is bullshit.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I am going to shoot this innocent looking deer that's sniffing a tree b-because i-it might hurt someone! Killing innocent wildlife and bragging about it is truly the definition of manly, lol. The counter-arguments for this are always great.

I eat... some meat, maybe a burger or some salami occasionally? but hardly enough to make a difference. I wouldn't hunt animals "to be come a man" or "for the lulz" or whatever other thinly disguised fabrication you'd like to glaze the sport with.

If I had to do it in order to survive, however, I would. Let's hope it never comes to that, especially since there's piss all to hunt here.

what If I told you that hunting and eating wild meat will give you anime character powers? What would your opinion be then?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I am going to shoot this innocent looking deer that's sniffing a tree b-because i-it might hurt someone! Killing innocent wildlife and bragging about it is truly the definition of manly, lol. The counter-arguments for this are always great.

I eat... some meat, maybe a burger or some salami occasionally? but hardly enough to make a difference. I wouldn't hunt animals "to be come a man" or "for the lulz" or whatever other thinly disguised fabrication you'd like to glaze the sport with.

If I had to do it in order to survive, however, I would. Let's hope it never comes to that, especially since there's piss all to hunt here.

haha what a fucking PUSSY

Your outlook on those burgers/salami would change quite a bit if they were venison slayed by your own actions. You're a fucking coward. Go out and shoot big animal already. You may blow the "becoming a man" aspect off but it really does help you grow up and realize what it means to take a life. My first deer kill destroyed me for a day but then I sucked it up and owned up to what I did. I really do view that event as ending my childhood innocence...nothing like watching your dad rip out the guts of the deer you just killed to quash the daisies and rainbows of youth.

I will also say that it's obvious you've never hit a deer with your car...if you were going freeway speeds and hit a big buck it'd end you. Even with liberal hunting limits the deer populations in northern MN are FUCKING RIDICULOUS and dangerous to drivers. You can blow me off all you want but if you ever take your pussy ass up north on a pleasure drive at 6amish you'll see what I mean...shit's scary.

PPS: Deer heart is one of the best meats I've ever had in my life. Throw that shit in a pressure cooker with some bay leaves...:drool_2: Eat one and stop being such a coward faggot.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member

Your outlook on those burgers/salami would change quite a bit if they were venison slayed by your own actions. You're a fucking coward. Go out and shoot big animal already. You may blow the "becoming a man" aspect off but it really does help you grow up and realize what it means to take a life. My first deer kill destroyed me for a day but then I sucked it up and owned up to what I did. I really do view that event as ending my childhood innocence...nothing like watching your dad rip out the guts of the deer you just killed to quash the daisies and rainbows of youth.

I will also say that it's obvious you've never hit a deer with your car...if you were going freeway speeds and hit a big buck it'd end you. Even with liberal hunting limits the deer populations in northern MN are FUCKING RIDICULOUS and dangerous to drivers. You can blow me off all you want but if you ever take your pussy ass up north on a pleasure drive at 6amish you'll see what I mean...shit's scary.

PPS: Deer heart is one of the best meats I've ever had in my life. Throw that shit in a pressure cooker with some bay leaves...:drool_2: Eat one and stop being such a coward faggot.

:lol:

elixir

NAM-75 Vet

So you're suggesting that I kill an animal to gain more independence. I don't see what independence could possibly be gained from killing a defenseless animal that is of no threat whatsoever, and isn't being hunted for survival.

You don't get it. This isn't about "becoming a man" or "for the sport" or whatever, NZ isn't suffering from overpopulation or problems which urge people like topher to justify their "sport" with lengthy lists of how detrimental it is to not hunt.

I don't know how the direction of hunting laws is handled in America, but it seems like the overpopulation and massives of animals everywhere at 6am oh god like you claim are not a result of hunters or lack thereof; rather, poor administration of applying laws in states where they are and aren't needed.

I don't drive so the only thing obvious here is baseless assumptions. Even if I hypothetically killed an animal, I don't see how that would "end me" (unless I drove off a cliff in the process, I guess) because things like that happen, so I honestly wouldn't care, unless it was possibly someone's pet.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
So you're suggesting that I kill an animal to gain more independence. I don't see what independence could possibly be gained from killing a defenseless animal that is of no threat whatsoever, and isn't being hunted for survival.

You don't get it. This isn't about "becoming a man" or "for the sport" or whatever, NZ isn't suffering from overpopulation or problems which urge people like topher to justify their "sport" with lengthy lists of how detrimental it is to not hunt.

I don't know how the direction of hunting laws is handled in America, but it seems like the overpopulation and massives of animals everywhere at 6am oh god like you claim are not a result of hunters or lack thereof; rather, poor administration of applying laws in states where they are and aren't needed.

I don't drive so the only thing obvious here is baseless assumptions. Even if I hypothetically killed an animal, I don't see how that would "end me" (unless I drove off a cliff in the process, I guess) because things like that happen, so I honestly wouldn't care, unless it was possibly someone's pet.

Heh, I don't think he realizes you're a Kiwi. At any rate, you're right about one thing: hunting for food and machismo have nothing to do with each other, and nor should they. What a ludicrous concept.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Best solution to a rising bear population: turn hungry lions loose into their habitat, let them fight it out in glorious battle.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Best solution to a rising bear population: turn hungry lions loose into their habitat, let them fight it out in glorious battle.

Yep.

My idea, the final solution to the Semitic religions, bulid a wall around israel and the arab countries, deny nukes and throw in xtians who want to join the fray. Best reality TV

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Lois Theroux has a great BBC2 documentary about sport hunting in Africa. it's hilarious and thoughtful. I would embed the video here, but I'm retarded.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier

What I gathered from this post:

A)You live with your parents/don't have a real job/etc., hence the no car and scoffing at being up at 6am/having an actual real world experience
B)You're uneducated but like to spout your mouth off anyway and
C)You're a FUCKING PUSSY

People die from deer on the road all the time. Either they hit the deer or swerve and end up in a ditch/lake but the end result is the same. Fuck, during high school I had a tiny fawn run into the side of my car while I was going 60 and it almost totaled the whole fucking thing...if it had been full grown I'd be dead. I've known people who have had the buck's antlers go through their fucking dashboard and almost stab them to death. The roads up there are slick and windy anyway so add a few thousand deer to the mix and it can be chaos. Fuck, I almost hit a deer at night one time while I was in the middle of fucking town. Dumbass ran out in front of my car, right between the gas station and the car lot. It usually happens at night/in the mornings but it can happen at any time. The night/mornings are the worst though because of the low fog in the ditches/across the road that can totally hide their eyes (how you spot them). Every time I drive up north I see at least three new dead deer each way and many of them are on the fucking 70-80MPH freeway. It's scary shit man. Of course you wouldn't know that since the only animal+transportation fiasco you could possibly incur would be slipping in kiwi shit and bruising your ass you fucking PUSSY.

Have you ever killed anything bucko? I'm not talking bugs or birds or fish or any of that...have you ever actually ended the life of a living thing with a large mass and some intelligence? You learn a lot about yourself after doing that. Shooting deer is probably the most violent thing I've ever done in my life and thanks to how I felt after those first hunting experiences it's going to stay that way. It's even more emotionally jarring when the animal is "defenseless". You learn a hell of a lot about what level of violence you're capable of/comfortable with.

I'd love to hear what animal control policies a dole-leeching NZ douchebag like yourself would implement in fucking Minnesota USA to help prevent animal overpopulation, disease, crop damage and accident-related deaths. OH WAIT the MDNR already does that you FUCKING IDIOT:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
What a terrible comeback. :lolz:

Yeah, it was a knee-jerk reaction....pretty dumb of me to reply tbh...
But since we're on the subject of weak comebacks....

"Feed me to the bears"

I don't get it.
Just "testing the waters" eh, buddy?

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
What I gathered from this post:

This is what you shouldn't have done. Instead of baseless assumptions you could have just given a sane reply instead. Give it a rest, you're really making yourself look bad. Especially when I gave you the decency of a proper reply. Oh well, so much for that.

A)You live with your parents/don't have a real job/etc., hence the no car and scoffing at being up at 6am/having an actual real world experience

I'm not about to lay out my biography here but yes, I have a job and I choose not to drive by choice--everything is in walking distance on top of. I wrote my response at 11 am today, a Sunday. I don't know how to "scoff" at a timeframe but all I see is you scoffing down deer dick.

B)You're uneducated but like to spout your mouth off anyway and

It is impossible to take criticism of my own education seriously from an American, especially when only 15% of them KNOW WHERE NZ IS. 10% of which recognize that it isn't part of Aus. It's also really funny coming from someone who originally assumed I lived in the states (because everyone lives in the states and nowhere else, the end).

Yes, patronize me, that will definitely help the situation further.

C)You're a FUCKING PUSSY

You really still haven't explained this at all. Killing a deer made you burly and strong, right? So now I should do it too?

People die from deer on the road all the time. Either they hit the deer or swerve and end up in a ditch/lake but the end result is the same. Fuck, during high school I had a tiny fawn run into the side of my car while I was going 60 and it almost totaled the whole fucking thing...if it had been full grown I'd be dead. I've known people who have had the buck's antlers go through their fucking dashboard and almost stab them to death. The roads up there are slick and windy anyway so add a few thousand deer to the mix and it can be chaos. Fuck, I almost hit a deer at night one time while I was in the middle of fucking town. Dumbass ran out in front of my car, right between the gas station and the car lot. It usually happens at night/in the mornings but it can happen at any time. The night/mornings are the worst though because of the low fog in the ditches/across the road that can totally hide their eyes (how you spot them). Every time I drive up north I see at least three new dead deer each way and many of them are on the fucking 70-80MPH freeway. It's scary shit man. Of course you wouldn't know that since the only animal+transportation fiasco you could possibly incur would be slipping in kiwi shit and bruising your ass you fucking PUSSY.

k

Have you ever killed anything bucko? I'm not talking bugs or birds or fish or any of that...have you ever actually ended the life of a living thing with a large mass and some intelligence? You learn a lot about yourself after doing that. Shooting deer is probably the most violent thing I've ever done in my life and thanks to how I felt after those first hunting experiences it's going to stay that way. It's even more emotionally jarring when the animal is "defenseless". You learn a hell of a lot about what level of violence you're capable of/comfortable with.

No, I haven't killed anything of huge significance and I don't intend on doing so. This doesn't make me a pussy or whatever other blood-thirsty patriotic American stance you'd like to (attempt to) shove down my throat. I really don't have to express acts of violence just to "find myself" or to find what "level of violence" I'm capable of.

Congratulations, you killed a defenseless animal and you're now aware that you're a brute. Manly. How fucking immature. You only did this once, right? Yeah, totally helping the overpopulation situation there.

In retrospect, at least hunting keeps down people expressing their acts of violence on others. It's just the animals that have to pay for it in the process. Oh well, right? How are the domestic violence rates going?

It's really hard to take you seriously after you feed me an essay of how hazardous deer are (which are of no issue here and literally no one cares about) and then you try saying that it'll make me "find myself" despite the fact that I don't have any need for it. That "level of violence" is completely irrelevant, or to me, at least.

Actually, someone who needs to "find their level of violence" needs not that, but rather, anger management classes.

I'd love to hear what animal control policies a dole-leeching NZ douchebag like yourself would implement in fucking Minnesota USA to help prevent animal overpopulation, disease, crop damage and accident-related deaths. OH WAIT the MDNR already does that you FUCKING IDIOT:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html

Like I said, deer are a non-issue here and I have no experience with them, I have no experience with your state so I wouldn't be in a position to dictate what the best possible choices would be. My actual point in this thread was not concerning law or the issues of overpopulation, but rather that, in my opinion, hunting as a sport is something I don't agree with.

It's also kind of funny to be continually called a "fucking pussy", yet you're the one who was shoehorned into a completely frivilous father-son hunting experience as a kid, but I'm not so easily shoehorned nor influenced into believing that my doing so will help prove anything.

I'll spend the rest of my Sunday doing stuff I enjoy. You go counter that dreadful overpopulation by killing some deer instead. Toodles.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
This is what you shouldn't have done. Instead of baseless assumptions you could have just given a sane reply instead. Give it a rest, you're really making yourself look bad. Especially when I gave you the decency of a proper reply. Oh well, so much for that.

I'm not about to lay out my biography here but yes, I have a job and I choose not to drive by choice--everything is in walking distance on top of. I wrote my response at 11 am today, a Sunday. I don't know how to "scoff" at a timeframe but all I see is you scoffing down deer dick.

Dood, look at my fucking custom rank, like I give a shit about forum cred. 90% of this forum is dole-leeching basement dwellers so it was a fair assumption to make. I still think you're bullshitting though.

It is impossible to take criticism of my own education seriously from an American, especially when only 15% of them KNOW WHERE NZ IS. 10% of which recognize that it isn't part of Aus. It's also really funny coming from someone who originally assumed I lived in the states (because everyone lives in the states and nowhere else, the end).

I never assumed you lived in the states, I just said you should kill something and stop being such a USI douchebag pussy. Let me guess, the kick on a real gun bruises your arm too much or is shooting one too "barbaric" for someone as esteemed as yourself to partake in?

You really still haven't explained this at all. Killing a deer made you burly and strong, right? So now I should do it too?

No no no. Killing a deer made me experience death firsthand. My whole experience with it taught me that I don't like to cause any real violence in my life and that there can be serious consequences for such little actions as pulling your finger against a piece of metal. Playing da vidja gaymes and shooting at the range pale in comparison with actually taking a gun and terminating a life form. I'm calling you a pussy not because HAHA I KILLED MORE ANIMALS THAN YOU RAR but because you just dismiss the act as barbaric without trying to understand the psychology that comes with hunting. I didn't get into this with my previous post but to even go out and hunt you have to go through gun safety so there's that life skill too. You can stick your fingers in your ears and smirk at all us barbarians but killing things and gun care are a real part of our current life. Deal with it at least once and learn something about yourself.

No, I haven't killed anything of huge significance and I don't intend on doing so. This doesn't make me a pussy or whatever other blood-thirsty patriotic American stance you'd like to (attempt to) shove down my throat. I really don't have to express acts of violence just to "find myself" or to find what "level of violence" I'm capable of.

Congratulations, you killed a defenseless animal and you're now aware that you're a brute. Manly. How fucking immature. You only did this once, right? Yeah, totally helping the overpopulation situation there.

In retrospect, at least hunting keeps down people expressing their acts of violence on others. It's just the animals that have to pay for it in the process. Oh well, right? How are the domestic violence rates going?

It's really hard to take you seriously after you feed me an essay of how hazardous deer are (which are of no issue here and literally no one cares about) and then you try saying that it'll make me "find myself" despite the fact that I don't have any need for it. That "level of violence" is completely irrelevant, or to me, at least.

Actually, someone who needs to "find their level of violence" needs not that, but rather, anger management classes.[/quote]

Again, completely missing the point. It's not about the bloodshed. Do you eat meat with an attitude like that? It's easy to just throw a burger down your gullet hole and absolve yourself of any responsibility. I'd rather kill my own defenseless animal in a field than have some faceless corporation do it after months of torturous murder farm living. If you eat meat and yet have never actually killed your own meal then yeah you're a big hypocritical pussy.

Plus you completely ignore the fact that hunters have to sit in nature for hours at a time before they even see a dear. It's not like we're sharpening our bowie knives and guzzling the blood of last year's kill...we're just relaxing, watching the birds and listening to the forest. Wow, how horrible.

Have you ever been out in nature, completely alone for hours at a time? That shit'll make you think things you never thought you'd think. It's pretty intense reflection. If you don't want to kill animals then just go climb a tree somewhere in the brush and sit there for 3-4 hours.

And FYI I've shot multiple deer and been on hunting trips for about every animal you can hunt in MN. Not by choice but I did take something from the experiences so w/e. The only hunting I'd ever do now would be deer or goose/duck and catch-release fishing but I don't have the equipment. Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: FUCK TRAPPING. You wanna talk about some barbaric shit...:angry:

Like I said, deer are a non-issue here and I have no experience with them, I have no experience with your state so I wouldn't be in a position to dictate what the best possible choices would be. My actual point in this thread was not concerning law or the issues of overpopulation, but rather that, in my opinion, hunting as a sport is something I don't agree with.

Have you ever fired a gun before? It's not point and shoot by any means. You have to deal with ranges, scopes, gun kickback, bullet arcs, etc...you have to make your shot perfect or the animal will just wander off to die pointlessly. Nothing's worse to a deer hunter than wounding a deer and not being able to finish the job.

My first deer kill was at 200 yards with 12 gauge slug with iron sights. That shot was fucking hell to line up but I got it down clean in one shot and it didn't suffer. Like I said before I was destroyed that night over what I'd done but in the morning I'd accepted it.

Plus are you assuming that everyone just runs out into the woods with AKs and buckshot shooting up the brush Predator style? Sure most people use semiauto shotguns and bolt rifles but some people use muzzleloaders (one shot only...you miss you're FUCKED) and bows. Do you consider archery a sport? How about trick shooting? Hunting is the same thing except with a living creature as the target instead of a bullseye.

On that note, since you've never been hunting: it's not like the animals just fucking sit there waiting to be shot. Since we're on deer I'll stick with that. You basically sit up in your stand soaking up the sights and listening for any underbrush rustling. If the deer walks into range then you have to stay practically motionless since that's what they notice the most. If you make one errant sound or movement then BAM! they're off into the undergrowth faster than you can blink. I've shot 3-4 deer in my life but I've lined up shots at probably twice that many and seen countless others. Feeding/baiting is illegal so it's just a luck of the draw to see one and a test of skill once you do.

It's also kind of funny to be continually called a "fucking pussy", yet you're the one who was shoehorned into a completely frivilous father-son hunting experience as a kid, but I'm not so easily shoehorned nor influenced into believing that my doing so will help prove anything.

Sure I was shoehorned into it but I'm glad I was. I haven't even been on a hunt since high school but I still remember all the stuff I learned from the experiences. If you want to plug in the cotton and lalalala your way into some kind of righteous importance than so be it but it makes you a hypocrite and a pussy if you haven't been hunting at least once.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This argument doesn't hold a lot of water when you get right down to it. The human diet has changed pretty radically over the last 10,000 years, so it's kind of ridiculous to talk about what we're 'meant' to eat or what have you.

And don't forget. If the whole world ate as much meat as Americans (and Canadians, we're not exempt from this), the world would starve. It's nuts to suggest that we shouldn't change out dietary habits.

Anyway. That's a separate argument. Hunting for food is another matter entirely.

Actually, the only significant change in the past 10,000 years the human diet has gone through is the transition from raw to processed food. This affects a good number of human genes and side effects, both good and bad, are the results. This isn't just limited to humans, as pets that eat processed food also experience the same problem.

Instead of the need to hunt and gather, now the "games" are raised commercially and available for purchase in markets. Our ancestors could have alternatively chosen to raise pelicans and monkeys (instead of dogs and cats) as pets to help us hunt and gather, or to raise jackrabbits and camels as livestock instead of cattle and pigs. but since they didn't, that's how our supermarket selection will turn out to be.

In many other countries, if there is a population control problem (like rabbits overrunning Australia a century ago), you wouldn't get a hunting season, but simply poisonous bait. The US doesn't do this and banned them, that's why they couldn't resolve the problems with fire ants or bed bugs - creatures that no one would hunt to eat.

If the whole world ate as much meat as we did, there would be a lot less people around because the ecology simply can't support that many humans.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Yeah, it was a knee-jerk reaction....pretty dumb of me to reply tbh...
But since we're on the subject of weak comebacks....

"Feed me to the bears"

I don't get it.
Just "testing the waters" eh, buddy?

Relax, it was just a joke. I'd be happy to fight with you about other stuff, but we hardly seem to disagree significantly on this one. ;)

Actually, the only significant change in the past 10,000 years the human diet has gone through is the transition from raw to processed food. This affects a good number of human genes and side effects, both good and bad, are the results. This isn't just limited to humans, as pets that eat processed food also experience the same problem.

Instead of the need to hunt and gather, now the "games" are raised commercially and available for purchase in markets. Our ancestors could have alternatively chosen to raise pelicans and monkeys (instead of dogs and cats) as pets to help us hunt and gather, or to raise jackrabbits and camels as livestock instead of cattle and pigs. but since they didn't, that's how our supermarket selection will turn out to be.

In many other countries, if there is a population control problem (like rabbits overrunning Australia a century ago), you wouldn't get a hunting season, but simply poisonous bait. The US doesn't do this and banned them, that's why they couldn't resolve the problems with fire ants or bed bugs - creatures that no one would hunt to eat.

If the whole world ate as much meat as we did, there would be a lot less people around because the ecology simply can't support that many humans.

I do believe you are mistaken, my friend. The advent of processed food is entirely new, and has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I'm talking about farming. Ten thousand years ago, humans didn't eat grain. That's pretty huge.

In fact it took a really long time for humans to get big again. I'm sure you know that if you look at a suit of armour from the middle ages, you might suspect it was made for a dwarf. And it's true that people were generally a lot smaller of stature back then. That's because of diet.

Ancient humans were more comparable to us, size-wise. If you want to talk about what we're 'meant' to eat, it's the hunter-gatherer diet you mentioned in passing there. That's what we're evolved to eat, anyway.

Anyway. We're hardly at loggerheads, here. I'll repeat my position: Factory farming sucks and seems to be bad for pretty much everyone. Hunting overpopulated animals for food is fine.

P.S. It's impossible for diet to affect genes. Only reproduction affects genes. If you want to make the case that fat people are less likely to have kids or something, that's one thing, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

Your genetic materials will forever go unchanged as long as you live, barring some horrible radiation mishap. That's how it works.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I do believe you are mistaken, my friend. The advent of processed food is entirely new, and has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I'm talking about farming. Ten thousand years ago, humans didn't eat grain. That's pretty huge.

In fact it took a really long time for humans to get big again. I'm sure you know that if you look at a suit of armour from the middle ages, you might suspect it was made for a dwarf. And it's true that people were generally a lot smaller of stature back then. That's because of diet.

Ancient humans were more comparable to us, size-wise. If you want to talk about what we're 'meant' to eat, it's the hunter-gatherer diet you mentioned in passing there. That's what we're evolved to eat, anyway.

Anyway. We're hardly at loggerheads, here. I'll repeat my position: Factory farming sucks and seems to be bad for pretty much everyone. Hunting overpopulated animals for food is fine.

P.S. It's impossible for diet to affect genes. Only reproduction affects genes. If you want to make the case that fat people are less likely to have kids or something, that's one thing, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

Your genetic materials will forever go unchanged as long as you live, barring some horrible radiation mishap. That's how it works.

The type of food that grains correlate to is carbohydrates. While in the stone age it wasn't widely farmed, most type of fruit that humans gather are providing energy in the form of carbohydrates. Human saliva can break down starch into sugars. This is not a big change in diet. And if you mean the "suits of armor" in Europe in the middle ages, remember that at the time the entire Europe is in famine and most people are malnurished. Take a look at the Japanese or Chinese armors from the same period and you'll see that they're not dwarf sized compared to their average height today.

And your genetic materials are a direct reflection of what you eat. Northern Europeans DO NOT lack in alcohol dehydrogenase, which is an enzyme that breaks down alcohol, while most Southeastern Asians are lacking in them. This is because the growing season for Northern Europe is so short that they must hoard the carbohydrates for long periods of time, often causing fermentation in the process, while Southeastern Asians can obtain starch/sugar sources year round and there was no need to hoard...or ferment.

Likewise Southeastern Asians DO NOT get allergy from peanuts because that has been their staple of food for a long time, while many Europeans and Americans will die from the allergy if they were to ingest peanuts.

HeartlessNinny

The type of food that grains correlate to is carbohydrates. While in the stone age it wasn't widely farmed, most type of fruit that humans gather are providing energy in the form of carbohydrates. Human saliva can break down starch into sugars. This is not a big change in diet. And if you mean the "suits of armor" in Europe in the middle ages, remember that at the time the entire Europe is in famine and most people are malnurished. Take a look at the Japanese or Chinese armors from the same period and you'll see that they're not dwarf sized compared to their average height today.

And your genetic materials are a direct reflection of what you eat. Northern Europeans DO NOT lack in alcohol dehydrogenase, which is an enzyme that breaks down alcohol, while most Southeastern Asians are lacking in them. This is because the growing season for Northern Europe is so short that they must hoard the carbohydrates for long periods of time, often causing fermentation in the process, while Southeastern Asians can obtain starch/sugar sources year round and there was no need to hoard...or ferment.

Likewise Southeastern Asians DO NOT get allergy from peanuts because that has been their staple of food for a long time, while many Europeans and Americans will die from the allergy if they were to ingest peanuts.

To the best of my knowledge, the type of carbohydrates we eat now and what our ancestors ate 10,000 years ago are not the same.

As for the whole genetic thing, let me restate what I was saying, hopefully in a more cogent manner: What you eat as you grow up will determine how big you are as an adult. If you take identical twins and feed one well and the other poorly, the second will wind up shorter. That's all I was trying to say.

Anyway. I'll admit at this point that I'm not really an authority on this, so I'll bow out of the argument. All I was trying to get at is that the modern idea of a healthy diet isn't the same as it was for humanity for 99% of our existence. That much is true — I'm sure of that at least.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
jesus kan is a moron. i wonder why he isn't banned for stupid.