SSV or KOF2003

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
I am debating whether to purchase SSV now or wait and make KOF 2003 my next purchase. As I haven't personally seen or played either game I would like to get the opinions of people wo own or have played SSV and people who have played KOF 2003 as to which game they prefer and any specific reasons. I am kind of leaning towards KOF 2003 right now since I own all the rest of them, but SSV looks sweet. I may just breakdown and buy both but any opinions and info from the forum members would be appreciated. Thanks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If you're on MVS, I'd just go for SS5 now because I think you're in for a long wait for a KOF '03 cart. If you're on AES I'd probably wait to hear more people's reactions and comments about KOF '03 when it has a wider release before deciding.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
If you're using an AES, I'd recommend the SSV.

You can always pick up the KOF03 PS2 version and play that.

There's also going to be a PS2 SSV, I know...

...but playing a Samurai Shodown game on any home console other than an AES is just somehow... wrong.

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
Never played KoF2k3 but I can say SSV is worth it. You won't be dissapointed.

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
Cool. Thanks alot for the info, The pics I have seen Of SSV look really good, but I have read a few posts saying the animation is very choppy. I own Last Blade and Last blade 2 AES, is SSV comparable to either of those quality wise?

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Well, in comparison to the Last Blade series, yes, it's choppy, but no, otherwise it's not.

BIG

sony fanboy
Do yourself a favor and get both games.

They are awesome.