Street Fighter VI

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think the sandals are a pointer to what's happening, who else wears them?

This better be set after 3 because fuck off otherwise, I'm not dealing with another pre-iii sf2 ripoff

IV was a complete travesty

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I forgot to mention. WTF is this logo?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I forgot to mention. WTF is this logo?
Tal cuál as we say here. Exactly.
On the one hand it looks like something inspired by DC/Injustice. On the other it seems made to convey tournament e-sport material. So, western audience orientated, tournamentcentric, revving up the lore so as to make the thing super hero comicbook like.
/gentlemen (~Supergun grade musings and estimations (/bollocks))

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Tal cuál as we say here. Exactly.
On the one hand it looks like something inspired by DC/Injustice. On the other it seems made to convey tournament e-sport material.
Same here... I mean, it's way too early to tell how the visual style will be, but the logo is just... not Street Fighter, and not "japanese" at all. It would fit a Street Soccer game by EA sports sponsored by Nike, or some boring crap like that. And I get that the hexagon -> six sides -> SF VI, but it's a pretty weak idea.

Also... couldn't help but notice this:

NiO11D2.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Same here... I mean, it's way too early to tell how the visual style will be, but the logo is just... not Street Fighter, and not "japanese" at all. It would fit a Street Soccer game by EA sports sponsored by Nike, or some boring crap like that. And I get that the hexagon -> six sides -> SF VI, but it's a pretty weak idea.

NiO11D2.jpg
Uncanny

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's gonna be some dire 3d chunkfest don't worry

When you have such a generic character leading it such as ryu. You're already fucked

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Loved IV - I put in hundreds of hours across all editions. Lots of room for the combo architect to have a field day with all the crazy 1 and 3 frame links. Hard, but satisfying to master - especially the low-tier underdog characters like Vega.

Hated V. I honestly have a hard time getting why people enjoy it. That said, I'm happy to give VI a shot. As @BlackaneseNiNjA put it, I'm willing to try it out as it's the gameplay in a fighter that hooks me, not so much the graphics. A nice coat of paint is helpful, but I'm a mechanics dude first and foremost. If the mechanics grab me, I'll happily put some time in.

That said - WTH with Ryu's foot!? Like, why was that even a thing? Does the producer have a foot fetish? It's like Capcom saw all the pictures on the forums here with people's feet in them and decided to put that in a trailer.
There's a reason

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
From the trailer it will be old gen v new. Luke replaces Ken but mostly because Ryu is now boss level

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Fuck me how cheesy is Maximilian Dood and friends? I like him overall but he gets too hyped, the kind of behaviour that would warrant a backhead slap

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
How long before one of these big fighting game titles features some real world fighter in some huge deal? Not long

Amazing how much Luke resembles DMC Nero in this presentation.
Looks? Check.
Edgy posturing and verbal goading? Check
Shit modern rock type backround music? Check
Crazy arm antics? Check.

Scalebound tried but failed, this is Capcom though so they kind of own the style right now

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Dude makes ridiculous bank but his phony enthusiasm about everything is fucking embarrassing. It's like a watching kids' game show host. You imagine they go home and contemplate necking themselves every night.

Also, people are reading a lot in to a 45-second teaser that showed nothing. Who gives a shit about a logo?

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Also, people are reading a lot in to a 45-second teaser that showed nothing. Who gives a shit about a logo?

You do you.
The makers of these teasers know exactly what they're doing, they know they'll get unpacked and the bones cooked for broth. It's part of the fun.

As for that Max guy, he's just one amongst the many unfortunately. And they carry a lot more sway than they should

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Just because people obsess over this shit doesn't mean they should or that I should give a fuck. It's two models in the RE engine and a logo. All I got from it was that I need to wait until at least the summer to find out anything remotely interesting about the game. Anything else is masturbatory speculation and content generation for "influencers".

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The logo is lazy and it does matter. It's part of the presentation and whether people realize it or not says a lot about the overall product and direction of the design team.

Ryu looks like a slab of ribs with a head, more accurately he looks like the guy from Gears of War. Which is not a good thing design wise. I honestly didn't think it was possible to make him anymore generic but here we are.

Yeah not much to go on but this does not bode well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah I dunno what the fuck they were thinking when they made Ryu wider than a house but alright. Also logo is fucking terrible!

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

It gets worse... The SF6 logo is literally a slightly tweaked version of $80 Adobe Stock clipart... https://kotaku.com/street-fighter-6-vi-capcom-graphic-design-logo-sf6-sf5-1848573656

1645526363572.png

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
It gets worse... The SF6 logo is literally a slightly tweaked version of $80 Adobe Stock clipart... https://kotaku.com/street-fighter-6-vi-capcom-graphic-design-logo-sf6-sf5-1848573656

View attachment 55921
Wow... that's lazy. 😳
I know that talkin' about logos and graphic design can sound nitpicky as hell to some, but it's also an interesting conversation to have, in my opinion. 😉Doesn't mean the game will suck, but a logo is an official statement, after all.
I remember havin' the same problem with Ridge Racer Type 4: the game itself was good, but I was disappointed with the overall aestethics (menu screens included). The RR logo has never been a masterpiece, but it conveyed a sense of speed and fun; the game was sunny and colorful, and the logo reflected that. In Type 4 it became something so simple and boring I could've done it myself in Photoshop with the Impact font and the Pen tool. And it probably was done to please the western market and the console players, the same players who loved Gran Turismo's sleek and minimalist interface design... but Ridge Racer's DNA has always been the arcade experience. I understand it's way too early to tell, but the same thing could happen to Street Fighter VI.

I mean... these look fun:

1NLVQLB.jpg

This looks boring. See the similarities with SFVI? Two letters, two colors, a subtitle with a plain font.

5wiVabU.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
To think I was glad Ono had left, that maybe all the nonsense that had gone on before would be rectified somehow.
I think an overhaul will take place, the logo will go.
Some of the biggest gripes i had with sf is how much of a parody it had become of itself, no dignity with the costume purchase options
But also the backrounds really bothered me with how the onlookers moved and acted. Pathetic. Would have rather there be no one there.
Little things but they sum up.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I will remain skeptical until I see game play. Side note Ryu Looks swoll and pissed.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Ryu: Big body trashcan