Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo & Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie: 20th Anniversary

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
O.Sagat kills half the cast, this is reason why ST is such bullshit. Low tier characters have no chance against him. He is a top tier along w/ Claw, Boxer, & Sim....Chun-Li is 2nd tier w/ DJ, Ryu, & Honda.

Pretty much this

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Sim is better and arguably less "fun/fair" to play against and nobody ever complains about him. If you think Honda as good as Deejay you're insane.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
There are reason why O.Sagat was soft banned just like Claw...They are both bullshit characters & looked down upon. As for Sim, he is a top tier character w/ high level player...O.Sagat is top tier character w/ average/good level player, you really dont need to work that hard to win. Just practice your low tigers & tiger uppercuts.

Deejay kills Honda but Honda kills pretty much all characters without a fireball for free.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It seems like I come across more and more people whose only exposure is to the english dub with that horrible US soundtrack.
Weirdly enough, in all these years, I've never seen the US version. I've only ever seen the original.

It's just a shitty movie. The story is boring and stupid, the animation and character designs are bland. I can't even imagine how much worse it must be with english dub and soundtrack. The original was bad enough.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Weirdly enough, in all these years, I've never seen the US version. I've only ever seen the original.

It's just a shitty movie. The story is boring and stupid, the animation and character designs are bland. I can't even imagine how much worse it must be with english dub and soundtrack. The original was bad enough.

Everything you say about the movie is 100 percent truth. It's pretty bad. It's definitely a guilty pleasure for me.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Is it bad, hell yes but hey it's a product of the height of SF mania( shit I'm sure damn near everyone on this entire board owns the live action movie and we look at that bad movie fondly )

Hell I know there will be people here who will buy the rerelease of the Fatal Fury OVA/Movie this august and Discotek who's putting it out is banking on it with covers like these
Fatal-Fury-OVA1.jpg

Fatal-Fury-The-Motion-Picture.jpg

Hell I'm even buying this when it comes out
MegaMan_Complete.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It sure looks like SNK had the designer of the insert for Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer make that Fatal Fury anime.

893-2.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Yes Masami Obari was the principle character designer for both the Fatal Fury animes and Gowcaiser.

And yes, Trey, I am definitely buying the Fatal Fury rereleases.

All most fighting game anime is terribad, but I enjoyed them all the same.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Yes Masami Obari was the principle character designer for both the Fatal Fury animes and Gowcaiser.

Yes, Terry Bogard spinning around like an ass-hole as the ultimate move. I can't get that out of my mind. That or Geese's Reppuken being a giant beam. What fucking dumb movies.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol, if anyone thinks the fatal fury shit is anywhere near as good as the sf2 movie, they're fucking retarded

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
lol, if anyone thinks the fatal fury shit is anywhere near as good as the sf2 movie, they're fucking retarded
Gonna have to +1 here.

I watched Fatal Fury and Fatal Fury 2 years ago and thought they were shite... unlike SF2 the movie. SF2 was at least enjoyable and was amusing at the same time ("Woo hoo! Bad ass muthafuckers. I am honoured!") but the FF movies just completely missed the mark in all areas.

Also, I'm normally in the camp of subs > dubs, but in some specific circumstances, I enjoy the dubs more; namely SF2 movie and Fist of the North Star anime. When I finally got around to watching the 'complete' HNK anime in Japanese, although it was still awesome, I missed the personality and amusement the English dub added to the US/UK release...

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
Gonna have to +1 here.

I watched Fatal Fury and Fatal Fury 2 years ago and thought they were shite... unlike SF2 the movie. SF2 was at least enjoyable and was amusing at the same time ("Woo hoo! Bad ass muthafuckers. I am honoured!") but the FF movies just completely missed the mark in all areas.

Also, I'm normally in the camp of subs > dubs, but in some specific circumstances, I enjoy the dubs more; namely SF2 movie and Fist of the North Star anime. When I finally got around to watching the 'complete' HNK anime in Japanese, although it was still awesome, I missed the personality and amusement the English dub added to the US/UK release...

I feel the same way with DragonBall Z. The voice actors really made it for me.

DRAGON DRAGON, HUMP THE DRAGON

DRAGON BALL..ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

dunununununununununananananananaa

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member

They're all terrible but damn it they will all be on my DVD rack

Hell I watched part of SF last night cause of this thread, Dee Jay's intro wtf

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
They're all terrible but damn it they will all be on my DVD rack

Hell I watched part of SF last night cause of this thread, Dee Jay's intro wtf

Guile WTF is more like it.

The guy does nothing in the movie.

He blocks Deejay's kick.

He gets pushed into a car by Chun Li.

He gets owned by M. Bison OFF SCREEN.

He runs up stairs to save Chun Li and then throws her up in the air over her hospital bed in some bizarre celebration we're all supposed to be happy about but means nothing.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member

He blocks Deejay's kick.

He runs up stairs to save Chun Li and then throws her up in the air over her hospital bed in some bizarre celebration we're all supposed to be happy about but means nothing.

You would think after saying "Bison's ass is mine" he would actually do something, Ryu and Ken wanted nothing to do with Bison yet beat him up and down his own high class jet

Also I'm going with the logic of the fight between Blanka and Zangieff turned Balrog on hence why he flexed and ripped up his own shirt since he clearly wasn't fighting

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

He blocks Deejay's kick.

He Sonic Booms a garden shed. What more do you want?

I sometimes mutter the words "you will be me!" whilst using Bison in casual matchups vs Ken. Because I can...

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
You would think after saying "Bison's ass is mine" he would actually do something, Ryu and Ken wanted nothing to do with Bison yet beat him up and down his own high class jet

Also I'm going with the logic of the fight between Blanka and Zangieff turned Balrog on hence why he flexed and ripped up his own shirt since he clearly wasn't fighting

I thought it was because they wanted the audience to be sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was 'rog. Until that point, I wasn't too sure if it was him or Mike Bison.

But as we know at this site...'rog's a killa.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl

If we're talking about terribad fighting game anime, we can't overlook the Tekken OVA.

That thing was a damn train wreck, but I loved every minute of it when it came out.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
No love for the Gowcaizer anime?

Oh who am I kidding. Sure didn't watch it for the story. XD

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
If we're talking about terribad fighting game anime, we can't overlook the Tekken OVA.

That thing was a damn train wreck, but I loved every minute of it when it came out.

Old girl threw a tomahawk at his ass, shit got real real quick

Also BATTLEARENA TOSHINDEN!!!!!!