Tarantino and JJ Abrams to make R-Rated Star Trek film

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
lolz.

ok.

I mean Pulp Fiction was iconic and influential (even if it was derivative), but I wouldn't say his movies after have been "bad".

There's always something to see in a tarantino flick

There's always the same shit to see.

He picks a mostly dead genre to revive with ultraviolence, witty one liners, and mostly the same actors. That's the framework and he fills the rest of it out sucking his own dick trying to show everyone what a knowledgeable filmmaker he is.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
oh yeah, and Kill Bill is also garbage, and a waste of an Uma Thurman.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There's always the same shit to see.

He picks a mostly dead genre to revive with ultraviolence, witty one liners, and mostly the same actors. That's the framework and he fills the rest of it out sucking his own dick trying to show everyone what a knowledgeable filmmaker he is.
yup

If you ignore the libtard factor (fatty, gays, asians, stronk black woman who don't need no man, trans-klingon on the cast) it's actually decent. Not great but watchable.
you realize it's Star Trek, right? "Libtard" factor is imminent as fuck. It's like the most liberal science fiction show ever made.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't watch Tarantino movies. They're too mainstream, brah. Culturally appropriating Black, Asian and Euro movies and making them entertaining is not cool.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't watch Tarantino movies. They're too mainstream, brah. Culturally appropriating Black, Asian and Euro movies and making them entertaining is not cool.

All of his characters are completely hollow. They're just there as analogs for him to pump out catchphrases.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Time shifts wouldn't be new ? But as I watch tng on netflix right now, that shit is wholesome.. How are you going to make it R rated and keep them being good guys? I feel bad for the conditioning happening these days. Blech

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I love Tarantino movies. Fite me, Fami.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Or borrow the BD from the library...

I always have the opportunity to watch Star Trek Beyond on I think it was Netflix or Prime Video, but I just don’t bother.

Tarantino and Abrams working together would be a nice change. I’d probably be more likely to use a free Redbox code for that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I feel genuinely sad for anyone who can't appreciate and enjoy Jackie Brown or Hateful 8. Jackie Brown, okay, you can say Tarantino just adapted a good book. But Hateful 8 is tremendous.

Beyond all the idiosyncratic things Tarantino always does which you can either love, hate or be indifferent to, it also has unusually outstanding cinematography for Tarantino. And for the first time ever in any Tarantino movie it also has a fantastic original score.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
As a fan of the Star Trek series, I cant say im excited for this.
I wasn't a big fan of the Abrams trek movies either. I haven't watched discovery but that doesnt seem all that good to me. I'll probably watch it eventually but dont want to buy cbs all access.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Those shows and movies don't jack off all over the audience patting themselves on the back. They're dumb fun and they know it.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Let Tarantino have a go at Star Wars instead. Hot chicks in Leia outfits killing giant slugs with katana's - I'd go watch that.