Tattoo Thread

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sundance said:
I looked around for a couple of years. I checked libraries and museums for just the right artist and then located books of his art. The artist Yoshitoshi, is one of the greatest woodblock artists of his time, imho. I also looked around for a decent artist and a friend of mine had just got a tat from a place next to his work around the same time i made the decision. So i ended up paying $100 and trading a signed Lady Death card. Her husband was a collector..lol.

GeishaTatt.jpg

The tat comes from a unique Japanese folkstory about a prince that fell in love w/ a Geisha. As soon as his father found out he had her killed underneath a cherryblossom tree. So every year the prince would come to the tree on the anniversary of her death to see her ghost. I have 4 more planned but am in no rush to get them. There going to run between 300 and 600 a each. :( Anyhow, take your time and make sure you find a good artist. This will most likely be on your body for the rest of your life.

Tatoos that size should be no more than $150. At least where I live, anyway. I think you got ripped. $300 to $600 should cover a forearm.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
ki_atsushi said:
Tatoos that size should be no more than $150. At least where I live, anyway. I think you got ripped. $300 to $600 should cover a forearm.

The 1st one was $150. The next 4 are 2x the size and have 3 times as much color, thus the price quote range.

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
Sundance said:
I looked around for a couple of years. I checked libraries and museums for just the right artist and then located books of his art. The artist Yoshitoshi, is one of the greatest woodblock artists of his time, imho. I also looked around for a decent artist and a friend of mine had just got a tat from a place next to his work around the same time i made the decision. So i ended up paying $100 and trading a signed Lady Death card. Her husband was a collector..lol.

GeishaTatt.jpg

The tat comes from a unique Japanese folkstory about a prince that fell in love w/ a Geisha. As soon as his father found out he had her killed underneath a cherryblossom tree. So every year the prince would come to the tree on the anniversary of her death to see her ghost. I have 4 more planned but am in no rush to get them. There going to run between 300 and 600 a each. :( Anyhow, take your time and make sure you find a good artist. This will most likely be on your body for the rest of your life.

I love your ink. I am obsessed with ukiyo-e. At one point, I had 52 prints up in my room alone. My favorites are Hiroshige and Utamaro (Hokusai in 3rd), though. Last time I was in Kyoto, I went to this personal gallery of a current woodblock printer and it was so freaking awesome.

Duck King

n00b
So does anyone here have any? any video game tattoos? :smirk:

i only have 2 so far :glee: im planning to get some more on me soon.

if you do not have one, what are your views on them?

pics and stories of tats are welcome :cool:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have no tattoes at all and I'm kind of glad 'cause I hear people regretting their choices left and right, however I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, so if I was to have a tattoo done it would be the red dragon, hell I would most likely add something to the arms to extend it, but most tattoo artist out there suck balls so I would defenately do some good research to get the shit done just right. Sometimes I think of getting the SNK baby blue or the MVS logo logo though, actually I'm quite fond of the old school SNK logo as well.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
You know you've got alot of ink when you don't bother counting them anymore. I'm got somewhere around 55-60 hours of work so far. I don't like them spaced out in assorted areas. I go for large pieces that keep expanding.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
This is what I do for a living. I have a ton of ink and want to cover most of my body. I think if you get a tattoo from home or at a party you have no clue and are selling yourself and your body extremely short.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I have no tattoes at all and I'm kind of glad 'cause I hear people regretting their choices left and right, however I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, so if I was to have a tattoo done it would be the red dragon, hell I would most likely add something to the arms to extend it, but most tattoo artist out there suck balls so I would defenately do some good research to get the shit done just right. Sometimes I think of getting the SNK baby blue or the MVS logo logo though, actually I'm quite fond of the old school SNK logo as well.

Only stupid people regret there ink. Or I should say, Only dumb people with retarted ink that have regrets. A tattoo is something for life and should be done right and look amazing. The shop should be clean and have an autoclave. The artist portfolio should be amazingly strong. Everyone in the shop should act like they love what they are doing and appreciate the trade 110%.

If you go to a party or get drunk and get tattooed your a fucking tool. You will walk around with a fucking tool tattoo for the rest of your life.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think that they are silly...

But If I ever were to have one done, I'd get My name in Japanese or some shit.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think that they are silly...

But If I ever were to have one done, I'd get My name in Japanese or some shit.

So if you ever pass out or die while in Japan, they will at least know what to call you? Like a name tag that only Japanese can read? Not sure how useful that would be. Why not put your address and emergency phone number in Japanese while you're at it, just in case?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
haha im sorry, i did not know there was one already up. :)

I have simpsons on my foot and Argentina on the back of my neck

here is a pic of my first one right when it was done

media1jpeg.jpg

how strange

I saw this on an 'awful tattoos' blog about 10 minutes ago.

wtf , no lie.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
oh whatever. I love The Simpsons! Thats why I got the tat :)

no really

I was just searching for awful tattoos and came across a blog, and that was on it, and then 30mins later I come into this thread and see the exact same photo

haha

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
If I ever get a tattoo, I want a dragon coiled around a skull and an anchor and a naked chick is riding the dragon and she has a tattoo of a butterfly and the whole thing is surrounded by barbed wire, celtic patterns, and kanji (which will say 'Mom').

They got a word for something like that where I come from. Badass. :buttrock:

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
i have 4, but the one on my back is only about 25% done, and won't be able to get it finished till i go back to vancouver.
i'll post pics in a bit.
2 of them are semi-game related.

but here's the one my 2 best friends got a little while ago.
anyone know what it's from?
tatties.jpg

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
no really

I was just searching for awful tattoos and came across a blog, and that was on it, and then 30mins later I come into this thread and see the exact same photo

haha

link to the blog