TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvL9TOUuDb8

OH MY FUCKING GOD
Random-StunnedEagle-1.gif

Heihachi is young like in Tekken 2 as well! This game better be awesome OR ELSE...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You know, I've only ever play TTT once.

Soul Calibur was the better late 90s Namco fighter.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I'm going to be all over this like a fly on shit!

I wonder if they'll allow 3 people on a team. The tag feature seems to have been improved upon heavily. It's about time Namco. :cool:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
@Big Fred: The time has come my brother, now is our time.

@Rade: have you ever thought about being a stand up comedian?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Just saw this on Kotaku, figured SpinmasterX probably popped ten boners upon hearing the news haha.

This is indeed awesome news though. I remember wondering earlier this year why Namco never made another TTT.

Now we just need to get a Final Showdown announcement...

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Just saw this on Kotaku, figured SpinmasterX probably popped ten boners upon hearing the news haha.

This is indeed awesome news though. I remember wondering earlier this year why Namco never made another TTT.

Now we just need to get a Final Showdown announcement...

11 boners to be exact and they're still popping. I'm definitely gonna get my Mishimas back on top. It's time for me to start practicing my wavedashing skills again. My old Kazuya and Heihachi team is gonna happen.

Final Showdown is gonna happen, trust me. A reliable source has already said it's gonna happen.

fake

15 Year Member
The last Tekken I liked was Tag. Hopefully this one doesn't play like 4, which I hated. It seems pretty technical.

Rade K

20 Year Member
tekken_tag2_teaser_02.jpg

Incestuous Homoeroticism. LOL tekken.

SC2>all tekkens.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Soul Calibur is what people who can't hack it in Tekken and Virtua Fighter play.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
not a huge tekken head.... but I'm fucking sold.

guess I'll havta blow the dust off tekken 6 and get familiar with my characters again.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Soul Calibur is what people who can't hack it in Tekken and Virtua Fighter play.

VF > all tekken's combined (even in an alternate universe where a 'good' tekken game may exist.

Soul Calibur is a fun game - Tekken is horseshit for spazzes to play.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The Soul Calibur series has one good game, one okay game and then a couple of boring ones.

If you're going to say SC>Tekken, at least use the first one as an example. SC2 is better than Tekken 1,2 and 4 I suppose, but thats not really saying a lot. And when it comes to button mashing spazzes, I've seen a lot more of them playing SC.

I do like the SC series though.

Reality Check

World Hero
I didn't like the first TTT. I always felt it should have been a game mode rather than a standalone game.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,

L O L

SC is mashiest thing that ever walked the Earth, man. If you're gonna rip on Tekken, at least have some idea of what you're talking about.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'd like to see SC5 get announced though. I think the series is fun with some really cool character designs.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
VF > all tekken's combined (even in an alternate universe where a 'good' tekken game may exist.

What would you know about VF in the first place? You are just saying VF is good cuz it's trendy to talk about it but not actually play it. Last week somebody brought this up at VFDC. Everyone wants talks about it but they never be about it.

Did you watch the Evo Live stream of Soul Calibur last year? People were actually booing. Coincidentially, Soul Calibur wasn't on the game roster for Evo this year but Melty Blood was LOL. WTF is Melty Blood? SBO isn't having Soul Calibur either.

Soul Calibur is nothing but a game that 2d fanboys play to say that they play 3d fighting games. It's nothing but training wheels for real 3d fighters.

Just say that you know I'm right.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I can't do anything but talk about VF because there isn't a person within 1000 miles probably that would play it with me. :(

Were they booing SC4 last year because of the game itself or because of all the Hilde bullshit that was happening.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
When there is a block button involved there it always bullshit. tekken uber alles

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I can't do anything but talk about VF because there isn't a person within 1000 miles probably that would play it with me. :(

Were they booing SC4 last year because of the game itself or because of all the Hilde bullshit that was happening.

True, however if you are gonna talk about something you have to at least know why and not spout what the next guy says. that goes with anything. If I asked 90% of non VF players why is VF so good they probably couldn't tell me why at all. They might say something generic like "it's really balanced".

Yes they were booing the Hilde bullshit, but what does that say about a game if they allow something like Hilde to go unrestricted? Tekken 4 at it's very worst didn't have anything like Hilde.

When there is a block button involved there it always bullshit. tekken uber alles

I'm gonna have to disagree. Block buttons allow for a more reliable defense and allow for a few extra gameplay opportunities like buffering moves for example. When you hold down a block button it frees up the joystick to allow moves to come out immediately after you release it to retaliate faster. If you're holding back to block that limits the speed of move performance after a block.

Last edited:

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
They really need to use the "punk-ass Jin" design (with the hooded sweatshirt) more often, if only to dissipate how his and Kazuya's character designs look so much alike. If I knew nothing about Tekken and the story behind it, I'd see this trailer and go "What?! Is this guy versus an evil version of himself?!"

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yes they were booing the Hilde bullshit, but what does that say about a game if they allow something like Hilde to go unrestricted? Tekken 4 at it's very worst didn't have anything like Hilde.

Yeah but to be fair, I don't think it was a Hilde player that ended up winning was it? So shes not unbeatable.