TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
you basically described what happened to KOF.

Oh KOF is what got started me on this rampage. Nona's art made me almost bust a vein in my head then Falcoon's character designs were the next thing. As much as I love SNK I still haven't forgiven them for Ash. KOF has redeemed themselves with KOF XIII so I can relax a bit. But now Namco and Capcom have taken up the "Fuck up" mantle from SNK.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
i like the idea of young heihachi, but i think he looks just a liiiiiiiittle goofy.
i think it's the beard.

tekken was my first fighting game love, but i started losing interest when they added walls.
reading this thread, i now know why they did it, but i still don't like them.
still played 4 a fair bit though, played 5 a little, haven't tried 6 at all.
this one i'll definitely check out.

I agree the beard looks totally ridiculous ... horns on a beard? Gimme a break ...

+1 on the walls issue. At first (Tekken 4) some stages had walls, some didnt ... now there are only 3 stages without a wall ... and the juggles that carry you to the wall, then bounce you there and finish up with a combo of 120+ damage is totally ridiculous the way I see it.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I agree that the new character looks somewhat ridiculous. Whats with every series copying each other nowadays. EVERY series has a fat man that moves like greased lightning and a masked wrestler. WTF?! I personally would rather see some more of the current cast than what they showed.

I also say that if they can do enough to the returning characters that they wont be clones im all for them. But if its just another same moves outside of a different launcher or property on an attack....I will be upset.

Doesnt matter though. Im still gonna be the best Tekken player here lol.

O.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What I'm saying is if you let 1 thing slide then everything else will follow. Today it's minute things, tomorrow your favorite series ends up looking like War Gods 64 character design wise cuz nobody said "hey what the fuck man".

When it comes to things that I love I'll never just sit and let it happen whether it's a small thing or not simple as that.

I've already tried the "aaah who cares" approach and shit got stupider.

gon-tekken-3.jpg

Shut it spins.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Hey O.Yashiro we still have to settle who is the best! Feng Wei awaits you!

gon-tekken-3.jpg

Shut it spins.

Thats what I mean. Gon slipped through the cracks, not too many people complained cuz it was kinda funny so Namco says "hey why not" and slowly gays up the whole series.

You shut it.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Gon is a manga so it's probably just fanboyism.
tanaka.gif

(Not that I care about the state of Tekken that is)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Thats what I mean. Gon slipped through the cracks, not too many people complained cuz it was kinda funny so Namco says "hey why not" and slowly gays up the whole series.

You shut it.

take off them rose-tinted glasses, brotha

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I cannot wait for this! I have been playing Tekken 6 at home and my Tekken 3 board just to get better at this game!

GAMEFAN

Reality Check

World Hero

You shut it.

Explain Roger and Alex in Tekken 2? A raptor and Kangaroo with boxing gloves who were taught who to fight by a Luchador. Tekken has always been silly, bro. Accept the silliness that's always been there.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Tekken has always had a sense of humor. But before the joke characters were kept separate from the regular characters. The joke characters looked goofy, the more serious characters didn't. But now the goofiness is starting to leak to the cooler looking characters. Heihachi was one of the coolest looking characters in Tekken. Now he looks more like a joke character.

Last edited:

Reality Check

World Hero
Tekken has always had a sense of humor. But before the joke characters were kept separate from the regular characters. The joke characters looked goofy, the more serious characters didn't. But now the goofiness is starting to leak to the cooler looking characters. Heihachi was one of the coolest looking characters in Tekken. Now he looks more like a joke character.

Having discovered Rogaine and Just For Men doesn't make Heihachi a joke character.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

THIS.

Tekken had humor but it was separate from true mood of the game. Now it's all together.

the end.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
His TTT2 incarnation is still better than when the man had a diaper.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what, fuck all you guys for letting Spin fool you. I honestly don't even know what the hell he's whining about in a game he hasn't even played. Heihachi looks BADASS. Fucker has ALWAYS looked goofy, ALWAYS. Over the years, though, no one's accepted him to be a goofy character since he's thrown his son down a volcano a coupla times. To go on and on and sound like a vagina on how Namco has sullied the reputation of Tekken (lol) just because of what Heihachi looked like when he was younger is idiotic and a waste of time.

You know why Heihachi can get away looking like that?

Because he'll throw your ass down a volcano if you giggle in his direction.

The only thing that's changed is YOU, Spin, not Tekken. Think about it.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I remember when Spin just wanted to know where the white women was at.
Now he's all grumpy.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I haven't fooled anyone. You've fooled yourselves.

I don't change. I've always been a dick when it comes to how my games are. Back when I first registered on this site I had pages upon pages of flame wars with every member of this site about what I liked. I haven't changed at all.

Everything sucks and you can say that i'm looking at rose tinted glasses but if you can sit an slowly watch everything turn stupid and not have anything to say about it then you're wearing rose tinted glasses as well.

As far as Tekken goes, I'm complaining because of one teeny tiny thing. This is just 1 more silly thing to add to a long list of silly things Namco has done to the series. After Tag, they changed up a good portion of their staff and the direction the series has gone in another directions and it shows very well.

Nearly everyone here is a casual Tekken player. I've been glued to this series since part two and I've almost never faltered. I know Tekken and Tekken is getting worse and worse both aesthetic-wise and gameplay-wise. I'm not making this up or being grumpy to be grumpy.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I haven't let anyone fool me. I just think he looks bad. You need to realize that not everyone has the same opinion as you.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I like Young Heihachi he looks fun. TTT2 looks like its just gonna be an all out fun game.

I approve of it.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Lonesage, there was a game that came after that, and one after that, and another one after that. And in some ways Tekken 4 has done things better than the games that followed. Shit for one in tekken 4 you couldn't juggle somebody twice and then win even if it was a glitchy pile of shit.

This goes much farther than just Heihachi's stupid hair and face. The gameplay has taken a dive. Tekken Tag 2 could end up being either the worst or best Tekken game to date.

p.s. Nice avatar.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey, you know what was goofy. Jun possessed by a wolf spirit as a final boss.

You know what else is goofy. The time span between Tekken and Tekken 6. Tekken took place in 1984. Tekken 6 takes place in 2008. Why the fuck does Paul Phoenix look the same.