Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Did anybody pick this up? I snagged it on release day. I never played the old Tex Murphy games, but I liked the concept of this so I picked it up.

It's like playing a point-and-click adventure game, but in first person. The textured are rather low res, but look decent with a high resolution. The setting areas you explore are really cool, too. It reminds me of Snatcher and Blade Runner.

Of course, the great thing about it is the return if FMV. It's pretty interesting how they'd implement this in a modern game. The acting is deliciously cheesy, but the story is compelling enough to keep you interested. My only gripe is that the puzzles aren't really puzzles. You get stuck at times, but it's just a matter of being thorough and exploring to advance the game.

You can see a gameplay clip here(watch out though, there are spoilers)

http://youtu.be/6SqFobOy8q0

Anybody else enjoying this game?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I got this from Steam about a week ago, couldn't believe it when I saw another Tex Murphy game released!!! Bought straightaway.

I played Under a killing moon until completion and recently started playing pandora directive and really enjoyed that...

Would highly recommend this game for anyone who enjoyed tex murphy games or even people who like FMV games if there are any besides me :)

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I love it. I'm playing it every day if I have time.

I actually find the dialogue quite funny. Wait til you meet sapphire, if you haven't already.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Im on Day 3 at them moment, keep clicking the FF button to skip the code puzzles by mistake! :S

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
on my list of games to check out. I'm a huge adventure game fan and I miss good ole fmv adventure titles. probably won't get around to it for a couple months unfortunately ._.